Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

How fast is your internet?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

Simple thread: show us how fast your internet is! http://www.speedtest.netis pretty much the go-to site for this. You can copy the code for sharing it via an image and use the image button to post it as an image, which makes it easier for everyone to see/compare internetz, and stuff.

Here's mine as of right now:

4344796865.png

It used to be bad like... well, like what seems to be most of FES's >___>;, (it was about 1mb/s download and some fraction of a mb/s upload, I think) but I then switched providers and went up speeds again later, IIRC. So yeah we're now paying a premium for internet at our house.

School internet is still waaaay faster but this is acceptable for the things I do. I can download stuff, stream videos (e.g. me watching a stream or streaming myself), and play games online. Thank goodness. Dealing with lag all the time was awful. Though I still deal with it more than I'd like since quite a few of you have poor internet  *shot, lynched*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:46 AM

4344934239.png

Download is slightly better than usual. Normally it only breaks 10. Upload is around where it usually is.

#3 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:56 AM

4344944045.png

Ok so I have a better grade than you guys but here is the problem. My computer is connected to the router with some sort of cable (I'm not a tech guy), but my Wi-Fi is terrible. Also my computer is realllllllllly slow so even though the net connection is usually fast, the computer is so slow you can't really tell. 
I think the Upload Speed might have something to do with why I have such a laggy video when I try to stream stuff on twitch (like once every 4 months) but for watching/downloading things, which is basically all I do, it's pretty good.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#4 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

4344952644.png

Undeniable proof that Australia's internet is run by snails.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:01 AM

Ok so I have a better grade than you guys but here is the problem. My computer is connected to the router with some sort of cable (I'm not a tech guy)

Ethernet cable is what you are looking for. I run one from my router to my computer as well.

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:04 AM

4344957294.png

At least mine's not the worst. heh...

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

I've tried several times since my internet is a mess at the moment.  Here are the results:

Ping: Somewhere between 15 and 693 ms.  I wish that was a joke. 

Download: Somewhere between 7 and 11 Mb/s (typically varies between 10-20 Mb/s)

Upload: About 0.17 Mb/s (typically tops out at about 0.5 Mb/s)

Might be a good time to figure out what's going on with the ping...

Edit - Just hard reset the router.  Here's what I got:

4345294069.png

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#8 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

I'd run this, but honestly it varies between the day and what time it is.

Typically though I can usually get somewhere between 10-18mb/s dl and 3-5mb/s ul with a ping somewhere around 12ms. On a bad day my dl speed can drop down to less than 500kb/s though with a upload speed that can't be accurately measured because it doesn't really exist.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

4344934239.png

Download is slightly better than usual. Normally it only breaks 10. Upload is around where it usually is.

the upload it's a bit slow butotherwise that's actually pretty solid haha, it's like what I had before (I mostly upgraded again for the faster upload, tbh). If only your router wouldn't freakin' reset all the time... >_>;

4344944045.png

Ok so I have a better grade than you guys but here is the problem. My computer is connected to the router with some sort of cable (I'm not a tech guy), but my Wi-Fi is terrible. Also my computer is realllllllllly slow so even though the net connection is usually fast, the computer is so slow you can't really tell. 
I think the Upload Speed might have something to do with why I have such a laggy video when I try to stream stuff on twitch (like once every 4 months) but for watching/downloading things, which is basically all I do, it's pretty good.

That ping is great (not sure I've ever seen a single digit ping before lol), the upload is kinda shabby but it's probably the download that helps your grade the most--also, if it's based on territories in general, that's probably a factor. It's very possible that the U.S. has significantly higher higher-end speeds than Chile... my campus internet DESTROYS what you just posted, or anything here. I'll show you all sometime so you can feel bad <_<;

stinks that your wi-fi is bad but some are just like that I guess, the speeds are just bad without a wired connection

streaming on twitch at that upload should be fine up to 360p or 480p at lower fps, I think, but not much better. you need about what I have to hit about 480-720p at a decent fps, the faster the better though, of course; I think 15mb/s is ideal if you're actually serious about streaming at high quality, haha

4344952644.png

Undeniable proof that Australia's internet is run by snails.

4344957294.png

At least mine's not the worst. heh...

at least :P it's solid low-end internet and should serve most basic needs I think

I've tried several times since my internet is a mess at the moment.  Here are the results:

Ping: Somewhere between 15 and 693 ms.  I wish that was a joke. 

Download: Somewhere between 7 and 11 Mb/s (typically varies between 10-20 Mb/s)

Upload: About 0.17 Mb/s (typically tops out at about 0.5 Mb/s)

Might be a good time to figure out what's going on with the ping...

Edit - Just hard reset the router.  Here's what I got:

4345294069.png

download is solid, upload is pretty bad but hardly surprises me since I dealt with similar. not sure why companies have to hold back on the upload so much. ping is great though. and your fluctuations sound pretty wild, it shouldn't fluctuate that much in an ideal world, but... internet service providers, right? >_>;

I'd run this, but honestly it varies between the day and what time it is.

Typically though I can usually get somewhere between 10-18mb/s dl and 3-5mb/s ul with a ping somewhere around 12ms. On a bad day my dl speed can drop down to less than 500kb/s though with a upload speed that can't be accurately measured because it doesn't really exist.

that sounds pretty lame (the variance), feel free to post it during different times of the day, no harm in that. if mine still varied as much as it used to that's what I'd do, show it at its best, worst, and in between, whenever I noticed a difference, lol. from what it sounds like it's either decently good or just awful, I know speedtest can't handle things if it's TOO slow, like the test just fails once you get to like, near dial-up speeds... (I would know, having the internet be so bad I couldn't test it to get a read on the numbers was super annoying lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Cecmus

Cecmus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:pfff.........ffff

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

i think...it's pretty fine...

4345959615.png

best download... yeah!

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

i think...it's pretty fine...

4345959615.png

best download... yeah!

ha it seems I still win on the upload but that download is pretty solid :P more than enough for most people at home I think (assuming you're at home) XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

4344952644.png

Undeniable proof that Australia's internet is run by snails.'

dude

4347624868.png

do u live under uluru

#13 Valke

Valke

lurker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:drawing!!! writing!!! playing games!! honestly anything that could distract me from reality haha

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

Yikes, Indonesia's internet is just plain bad alright.
I envy you all. Sobs. D:

Attached Files

you can't spell success without 'succ'

#14 a231

a231

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:56 PM

The undeniable proof that italy's internet sucks.

They say "optical fiber" but when you activate it you don't actually get a fiber cable, you don't get anything... xD Luckily i didn't fall in that trap.

Unfortunately i pay for a 50mb internet, but for the italian law this is fine, THIS IS TOTALLY FINE ;)

4348818183.png

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

wow that's considered reasonably fast internet in Italy, that stinks

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:21 AM

Haha, all you complainers. I'm at school now, where we have real internet, but at my house, paying for the fastest (non-satellite) internet available, it regularly drops below 0.5 Mb/s and never, ever breaks 1.3. The joys of phone company internet monopolies! The good news is that Google Fiber is in the next town over, and I believe is also coming to the town just on the other side of us, so maybe (by the time I move out...) we'll eventually have good internet.

?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

LOL shots fired at us "complainers" :P, that is indeed pretty bad though

clearly we need to pool together our resources for an international FES-only internet service that runs 20mb/s and 5mb/s at minimum, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

The joys of phone company internet monopolies!

I see whatever country you're in subscribes to the Canadian concept of internet and phone "market competition".  We have 3 actual options for telecom with poor service and a couple completely irrelevant options which keep attempting to get into the market but fail.

It takes a bit for Netflix officials to call our service almost third-world.  That's not a joke either.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#19 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:55 PM

Only two people here have worse internet than me. Wow.

0f5470fa7e0fbea1f87c1185a832bbe6.png

Note: This is during good hours. It will sometimes drop to... Who am I kidding? It completely drops out frequently, and sometimes for hours on end, even days.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#20 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

4355635074.png

Mine is absolute garbage. The connection drops out whenever I upload something to either YouTube or Mediafire or even decides to cut out while I'm trying to stream, because the upload weight is too much. It's absolute trash and we were going to upgrade back in November, but decided to keep this because the new company we have promised us "unlimited internet data" which is the only positive side, because it sucks having to pay an extra 10 bucks for an extra 50 gigs of data to use every month.

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users