Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

New Fire Emblem Game!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Elibe was really unpopular in Japan; the target market for Fire Emblem games. And plot-wise, there's nothing to explore after Sword of Seals, considering Roy brought around world peace or something.

...Actually, there really wasn't anything to do plot-wise with Elibe after FE6. Blazing Sword was completely pointless. :/

#22 Coolperson1145

Coolperson1145

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Swordsalmon @ Aug 23 2011, 08:44 PM)
Elibe was really unpopular in Japan; the target market for Fire Emblem games. And plot-wise, there's nothing to explore after Sword of Seals, considering Roy brought around world peace or something.

...Actually, there really wasn't anything to do plot-wise with Elibe after FE6. Blazing Sword was completely pointless. :/

I disagree with the whole completely pointless thing. Realize that Blazing Sword was also made to attract the worldwide audience into the games rather than just be a way to extend the continent. Maybe Elibe was unpopular in japan, but they could easily make a 3rd Elibe game to help attract the worldwide audience again after the incident with the poor SD sales and FE12 probably not getting a worldwide release.

Elibe may of not been popular in japan, but the western audience(including myself) LOVES Elibe.

#23 SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel

NERGLEZ!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

Japan saw the Elibe games as a step back in the mechanics due to the lack of full Canto and Skills. I would be willing to bet that if they remade Sword of Seals eventually with the better limitations of the 3DS, it would be more successful.

But, I'd rather have a brand new FE than a reskin of an old one, even FE4 which happens to be my favorite.
user posted image

#24 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Coolperson1145 @ Aug 23 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Swordsalmon @ Aug 23 2011, 08:44 PM)

I disagree with the whole completely pointless thing. Realize that Blazing Sword was also made to attract the worldwide audience into the games rather than just be a way to extend the continent. Maybe Elibe was unpopular in japan, but they could easily make a 3rd Elibe game to help attract the worldwide audience again after the incident with the poor SD sales and FE12 probably not getting a worldwide release.

Elibe may of not been popular in japan, but the western audience(including myself) LOVES Elibe.

And I think this is about all that gives the rumour life. The remakes of the 1st and 2nd were IMO to bring the international crowd to speed more than anything.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#25 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

There hasn't been a remake of the second game yet. Which I would actually prefer over a new Elibe game... Also over Tellius and possibly Magvel one.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#26 Swordsalmon

Swordsalmon

Ultra Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Sword of Seals was actually supposed to be localized for the international market, but it sold too badly in Japan. Story-wise, there's absolutely nothing to develop in Elibe. Everything is tied together. It's the same reason that another Magvel or Tellius game will likely not be made.

Fire Emblem doesn't sell very well on the international market anyways; Japan is their primary target market. IS would be shooting themselves in the foot by marketing a third Elibe game.

#27 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ Aug 24 2011, 08:45 AM)
There hasn't been a remake of the second game yet. Which I would actually prefer over a new Elibe game... Also over Tellius and possibly Magvel one.

Shh...I'm not good with my 2nd and 3rd game chronology.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#28 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

I'm not understanding, FE7 occurs before FE6, chronologically, so it's a prequel, there doesn't need to be anything to do with Elibe after FE6 if Blazing Sword takes place before it, is there?

Back to the point, it's a joke, nothing's going to happen, people just have to have their fun

Nothing's going to happen unless I get in there and give people the shit treatment until they localize games and start making new one's.

P.S. you know what would be nice? A NEW ****ING GAME INSTEAD OF A REMAKE OR PREQUEL OR SEQUEL

last one we had was FE9, then FE8 (so I was happy getting two totally new games in a row), then FE6, then FE4, then FE1, the rest are all somehow related to a predecessor which isn't terrible but it adds to the fact that more than ever, I'd like a new game

I guess I'm greedy aren't I

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#29 Germanicus

Germanicus

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:fire emblem<br>running<br>most rpgs (radiata stories, skies of arcadia, and so on)<br>the ladies(of course)<br>History

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Just more proof that everyone is running out of ideas. Old series which gain cult followings die off for a long time then get picked back up 20 or so years later. True originallity is long gone, so wave it good bye and just be ready to settle for the new old crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users