Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Pokemon Sun and Moon Announced

Pokemon

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Those images seem pretty cool. Next gen boyz. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

I feel like the name keeps sounding less impressive ever since we lost the jewels/metals thing going for pokemon titles...

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:10 AM

for sure. they could have gone with something a little cooler than just sun and moon tbh. how many different words do we have for those even? i'm certain that a little creative thinking would have gone a long way.

#4 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

I'll agree that the title is pretty uninteresting, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what else they announce. Gen 6 brought us MegaEvolution and, while that got a polarized reaction from fans, I'm going to be happy to see if Game Freak pulls some other new crazy thing for this new generation. 

I am a bit surprised they skipped the customary third version for X/Y though. Not entirely mad, since they are usually about the same as the two versions they're based on, just surprised. 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#5 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

I just hope they add some difficulty to the game, and a Battle Frontier. 

Posted Image

#6 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:19 PM

I agree with both of these entirely. Even with the now completely broken EXP Share turned off, X/Y and OR/AS were cakewalks. Pokemon has never been hugely difficult, but I'd like to see something happen in that respect. However, it is for a younger audience (even if they did try and show that older people play Pokemon as well), so I find it hard to believe that they'll up the difficulty all that much, if at all.

As for the Battle Frontier: Yes. That's the only thing that makes me a bit sad that there was no Z for last gen. Emerald and Platinum were the only two to really do it as far as I know, but I'd really like to see that return. Battle Factory was such a good time. 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#7 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

As for the Battle Frontier: Yes. That's the only thing that makes me a bit sad that there was no Z for last gen. Emerald and Platinum were the only two to really do it as far as I know, but I'd really like to see that return. Battle Factory was such a good time. 

yellow and crystal? the first two generations set that precedent tbh.

#8 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:50 PM

Start at 1:23 for relevant section.

I wouldn't mind a difficult Pokemon game either but you should probably know that we're not the target audience.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#9 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:19 AM

yellow and crystal? the first two generations set that precedent tbh.

I was more talking about the Battle Frontier. Although, I don't know if Crystal has one since I never got to play that. I knew that Yellow set the whole "3rd Version" thing to be what it was. (Well, it was my first Pokemon game, so it'd be odd if I forgot it completely. :P

#10 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:03 AM

I meant more like Challenge mode but not unlocked after you beat most of the game lol. 

Posted Image

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

I meant more like Challenge mode but not unlocked after you beat most of the game lol. 

Yeah I think this would be good. I mean, I'm a casual so in a sense I don't mind the game being easy, but at the same time if it's so easy I'm not even having fun, that's also a problem, lol

As far as the title goes, I don't really care except that it's unfortunate the names have devolved into silly jokes, but whatever

As long as the game itself delivers in some way, I'm cool. As for that, well, we'll see... X/Y felt even more childish in some regards and I didn't like how you had all these friends or whatever that were so weak and stuff, and there were some other small things that bothered me, but at the same time I can't really expect anything much better than B/W, so whatever... even if it's "just another Pokemon game" in the end, I'll live. But it'd be nice if they did something awesome with it.

And I kinda hope the rumor about humans turning into Pokemon doesn't turn out to be true... >___>'

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

Honestly, we need to have two options for Pokemon when we start the game:

"Are you new to the world of Pokemon?"
>Yes (goes into easy difficulty with tutorials)
>No (goes into harder difficulty without tutorials)

This would make everyone happy. I don't understand why Game Freak doesn't do it.

IUfb9Eg.png

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Honestly, we need to have two options for Pokemon when we start the game:

"Are you new to the world of Pokemon?"
>Yes (goes into easy difficulty with tutorials)
>No (goes into harder difficulty without tutorials)

This would make everyone happy. I don't understand why Game Freak doesn't do it.

Aye, I think so long as they make it clear what the consequences of that decision are (basically choosing normal mode w/ tutorials vs. hard mode like with Lyn in FE7) then this would solve quite a few problems/appease to both kids/newer fans and older fans (probably the majority of people, tbh) both. Definitely kind of sick of having to "learn" how to play Pokemon early on and everything being so easy, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

Solrock and Lunatone confirmed as end-game legends

Regarding Battle Frontier, ORAS actually intended to have it, but it was removed shortly before release due to it simle being considered... Too difficult lol. And yes, Crystal had a Battle Frontier, west of Olivine City. But whatever, I am a Smogonfag so I basically couldn't care less about the challenge in-game, because at the end of the day I'll only play it until Showdown has gotten all basestats confirmed.

Also, fuck Mega Evolutions. Gamefreak, don't add more of this garbage please.

What are those fusion rumours you talk about Blazer. Because ill literally kill myself if that's true.

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

Crystal didn't have a battle frontier, it was just a Battle Tower. 

From what my friend told me, Reburst a pokemon manga that included fusing with pokemon and apparently the the logo or something has something in common with it making people think the fusion thing will be a thing. 

Posted Image

#16 TheCrimsonFlash

TheCrimsonFlash

The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, football, handball, Pokemon, Hannibal, Hugh Dancy

Seriously, Hugh Dancy is my celeb crush.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:41 PM

Crystal didn't have a battle frontier, it was just a Battle Tower. 

From what my friend told me, Reburst a pokemon manga that included fusing with pokemon and apparently the the logo or something has something in common with it making people think the fusion thing will be a thing.

Eh same shit

That manga is from like early B/W though, I'd more believe if it was slightly newer. But again, as long as they introduce some Pokemon that are good but not completely broken as well as some cool new moves, I'm a happy man.

#17 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:21 AM

If you mean something like Kanto in GSC, sure.  I'm not sure IS could nor has the interest in balancing the game for a higher difficulty aside from maybe some level fixing or a shift of a Ruby/Sapphire game to Emerald in terms of difficulty (that is, handing out a few more items, setting levels slightly higher).

Either way, I'd prefer IS focus on making decent Pokemon innovations (though I know they won't do it).  Megas have made things pretty ugly in terms of mechanical balance.  It's very much like the late 5th generation again where it seems battles are pretty much decided before the game starts.   2nd generation's items, 3rd's natures and abilities, and 4th's split of special/physical were great.  All of them left a major impact on how to approach the game.  No major updates for 5th...and 6th's Megas are hit and miss (from a personal perspective, I don't mind some though IS is primarily playing favourites right now...and from a metagame perspective, it's shifting the battles faster and faster and heavily favouring the high octane offenses).  Hopefully they have something great planned for 7th...between that and challenge modes/difficulty scaling, I'd take the new mechanic.

Yeah I think this would be good. I mean, I'm a casual so in a sense I don't mind the game being easy, but at the same time if it's so easy I'm not even having fun, that's also a problem, lol

I find it's more in the mechanics than anything else.  The game has mediocre at best AI and the mechanical focus on quality over quantity means that stomping around with all your EXP on your starter is going to make the game far too easy compared to what you're theoretically supposed to do (spread it evenly on 6 pokemon, occasionally losing some EXP to swap outs).  I find self-imposed challenges work the best for making it harder.  Ruby/Sapphire, well recognized for being a joke difficulty wise, became quite interesting and a logistics challenge when you play with a Nuzlocke challenge and secondary conditions that you can only use each Pokemon centre once, couldn't use Daycare, couldn't use Legendaries, have Set battle conditions, and can only use the lowest ability Pokeball.

RedBlue.png

#18 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

If you mean something like Kanto in GSC, sure.  I'm not sure IS could nor has the interest in balancing the game for a higher difficulty aside from maybe some level fixing or a shift of a Ruby/Sapphire game to Emerald in terms of difficulty (that is, handing out a few more items, setting levels slightly higher).

I meant like the actual challenge mode from BW2 which had increased levels and better AI. You could only get it by yourself in black 2 though and only after beating the elite  which renders half of the journey useless pretty much.

Posted Image

#19 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

I meant like the actual challenge mode from BW2 which had increased levels and better AI. You could only get it by yourself in black 2 though and only after beating the elite  which renders half of the journey useless pretty much.

I have to admit, BW2 was pretty much the only iteration I haven't played.  I couldn't comment on it.  I recall that BW had a massive level jump...but that's all I can personally comment on.

RedBlue.png

#20 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

tbh I can't comment much on it either since I had white 2 so I only got easy mode lol. But it would be nice to have it just to increase the difficulty even slightly. 

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users