Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

I found My Castle to be really disappointing...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Before you go on to tell me things like "lol wtf talking about Fates stuff like it was ever gonna be good" or "that's not even the point of the game whatever" I'm saying this because it could have been something awesome that is relevant to the game. 

My Castle is intended to be an infinite chapter system where the community dukes it out with each other in the form of making a setup for a player to duke it out with their characters. The problem is that...well, its customization sucks. Every player is essentially expected to get all the same stuff(except for the resources, which they don't even get to choose), only Revelation players have access to more options, and extremely few of those options actually contribute to making a battlefield. It could have been so much better if it was a level creator.

Fire Emblem is not the kind of game where you go No Items, Fox Only, FINAL DESTINATION. If the players had the option to make a level in the way any other Fire Emblem level works, that is, walls, terrain differences and high numbers of generics in comparison to your relatively small team, then the possibilities would increase like crazy for a post-game, as long as the system didn't make it possible to make an impossible level (for example, making it so that there is an unbreakable wall without any openings defending the boss.) You could just make it so that there's two sections of the place, a "battlefield" section and a "farming" section, so that the existing stuff doesn't get in the way, and in order to keep everybody from making balls to the wall difficult chapters you could integrate the resource system into being a necessity for creating elements of your battlefield section and make the fight itself scale to the overall level of the challenging party.

It could actually be My Castle, instead of some place where the only real choices you can have are BGM choice, map skins, and positioning differences...I mean sure, you make a different battlefield as-is by virtue of having different units, but chances are those guys are all OP as hell to the max and basically the entire thing becomes an inconvenient slugfest.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

i think having a built in level creator where you make your own stronghold would have been a lot of fun

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:19 AM

i think having a built in level creator where you make your own stronghold would have been a lot of fun

Just go all the way and make FE Maker.

Actually...I'd kill for an Advance Wars calibre map editor in an FE game.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

Yeah it was pretty lame to me. Pretty much the only difference between people is positioning and statues (which by the way are a horrible mechanic) and you never could really branch out how to build your castle since aside from revelations you didn't really have options of what to level up. Shops first then the secondary stuff after, maybe a statue instead of a secondary house. It was just boring to me and padded out the inbetweens of chapters. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

It could actually be My Castle, instead of some place where the only real choices you can have are BGM choice, map skins, and positioning differences...

Agreed. Although I'd hardly call it map skins, since the terrain actually tends to get in the way of functionality at times. (See: the water map.)

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users