Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Hey, there! New and need help with a project.

introduction thanks in advance!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deorwine

Deorwine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hello, FEShrine! My name is Darwin, and my favorite game is Radiant Dawn. I've played it through so many times I can almost recite chunks of the script word for word. My average play time on the save file is something like 14-16 hours per run. This doesn't count resets, though, which I still depend on sometimes. :\ I'm not super good.

But!! I need your help with a school project! I don't want to impose so I'm only posting this in the introduction section. Please tell me if this is the wrong place for it. Thank you!

I am building a website (from scratch) for a course at college. I'm using the page for Google Analytics research and SEO practice. Thus, I need viewership! I've written a blurb about some of my favorite Radiant Dawn characters, mainly focusing on their growth rates, usability, and whether I like them or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts, either on my stats (are any of them wrong?), my opinions (tell me how yours differ!! I'd love to hear), or my web design (it's looking kinda... old....).

Here it is.

I'm already patching together another update, which will bring in most of the units I'm still missing, redesign the header, and fix up some minor text errors. Also, Ranulf's entire write-up, elements of Shinon's, and lots of Nephenee and Pelleas'.

Thanks so much, folks! I appreciate your time and viewership.

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

hi, we're not Serenes Forest

that's awkward

I'm guessing this is a copy/paste for views? lol

Radiant Dawn huh, that's neat, takes me like at least 3x as long to beat as you I'm pretty sure hahaha

the site itself isn't bad, a lot of text in big blocks though

and for some reason I get the feeling some of the art is from PoR but I think I'm wrong... hopefully I'm wrong

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Deorwine

Deorwine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

hi, we're not Serenes Forest

that's awkward

I'm guessing this is a copy/paste for views? lol

Radiant Dawn huh, that's neat, takes me like at least 3x as long to beat as you I'm pretty sure hahaha

the site itself isn't bad, a lot of text in big blocks though

and for some reason I get the feeling some of the art is from PoR but I think I'm wrong... hopefully I'm wrong

FHWHOAA OOPS!! Yeah that's super awkward. I need more views, yes. That's the entire point of the exercise. I apologize for that!! Oh gosh that's super embarrassing. I've edited that part out.

It's a long game! I remember on the box it said something like 70+ hours of gameplay, but I figure that's with like. All the custcenes and so on.

Thanks! And yes, we were supposed to add LOTS of copy. I'm going to reformat it eventually.

And no, you're not wrong. Lots of the art is from PoR. I couldn't find high res images of some of the less popular characters. :( If I could find RD for everyone, I'd use em.

Thanks so much man!!

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:05 AM

Hey there.  Welcome.  And good luck (should you choose not to come back after you're done your project).

Anyways, I can't speak much about the game itself but a major formatting issue that's killing me is the lack of space between paragraphs.  No indentation and no space really makes it hard to see paragraphs.

EX:

Spoiler

vs

Spoiler

Edit - Also, your "Other" page has different text size for no reason.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users