Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Monster hunter X

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Pronounced cross btw...oh yes the hype. I nearly forgot. Look up the trailer. I can't even. I literally can't even.

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:16 PM

In the words of a youtuber I watch.

HOLY FUCK.

That is all I need to say on the matter.

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:21 PM

I watched it. Honestly kind of weirds me out with the flashy special effects (and I am normally all for flashy special effects) maybe it's because it's not quite flashy enough, like Frontier. Or the general aesthetic of Monster Hunter doesn't really fit it or something, feels kind of like the way I do watching videos of God Eater, except in more primitive civilization. Don't think I can bother putting in the effort to grinding there either since it's probably mostly recycled content again (I mean this is kind of how Monster Hunter works, but yeah.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

I feel like that trailer barely showed anything. More like a showcase for the new attacks than anything. I may be way off, but I think that capcom is holding back a ton of new content right now

#5 Generic soldier

Generic soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:" Everything I feel is in this sword" (Blazer)

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

I was so excited for this, and I don't think it will affect the gameplay too much, This has completely convinced me to get a new 3DS XL, I am so excited. Hopefully it get's released over here soon. 

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

I'm not a huge MH fan or anything but the attacks are definitely super stylish

and I'm pretty sure this is just a "hey, have a first impression" video, it'll probably have plenty of new content etc. and perhaps some other new features besides changes/enhancements to the attacks and skills and stuff that we haven't seen

at the same time I think XT is right in that the core of the game will probably be the same ol' MH people like, or whatever

also I will almost always say "X" as in "ex" because it sounds cooler to me leave me alone okay

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:49 AM

Going to double post because MORE DETAILS

http://nintendoevery...nter-x-details/

from Famitsu~

you guys hyped enough yet

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

Dang, I'm really hyped now. I should consider actually playing 4U sometime so I can justify buying X...

also I will almost always say "X" as in "ex" because it sounds cooler to me leave me alone okay

Same, actually. Cross is a sillier subtitle than X is.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

Or wait for X as the latest monster hunter game is typically also the best?

Perhaps we should petition capcom to drop the cross in the West? X(ex) is a cooler title here anyway.

I just realized something that is maybe going to disappoint some of you. The original versions of MH games rarely make it to the west. We get the G version(not complaining, I'd rather not buy a game twice) so it may be a year or two till we get this. Unless they're forgoing the G version this time because of new mechanics(unlikely. The original MH4 also had new mechanics)

#10 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

I feel like having it pronounced X would imply it's the 10th game in the series or something.

Or wait for X as the latest monster hunter game is typically also the best?

It's too far away to bother waiting. Might as well contain some hype by playing what's available(and unfinished.)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#11 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

that's very true. but some people are super patient when they get excited about something. personally i have a hard time with waiting, especially for something that i know i'll enjoy. the only thing i'm disappointed about right now is that they didn't add tonfas. i saw some video of someone using tonfas in frontier, and they look super fun. could be the mechanics won't fit with a handheld though.

#12 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

I absolutely despise the "hype" stage. It completely destroys any desire for productivity for the sake of trying to get what little scraps we can, whether that be new information(that we will learn about when we actually play/watch/whatever the thing anyway) or fairly meaningless discussion (given how too little is usually known by everyone participating.)

And you can totally see me doing it right now with FE:IF and sticking to this board like there's nothing else in my life worth living for, goddamn it I'm such an idiot. FUCK YOU HUMAN PSYCHE, FUCK YOU!!!

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

I absolutely despise the "hype" stage. It completely destroys any desire for productivity for the sake of trying to get what little scraps we can, whether that be new information(that we will learn about when we actually play/watch/whatever the thing anyway) or fairly meaningless discussion (given how too little is usually known by everyone participating.)

And you can totally see me doing it right now with FE:IF and sticking to this board like there's nothing else in my life worth living for, goddamn it I'm such an idiot. FUCK YOU HUMAN PSYCHE, FUCK YOU!!!

woah there bud, calm down you're falling into the trap

but yeah I think I understand the sentiment, building hype is so important and yet it's kind of abused and in the mean time we just cling to these tiiiny clips and tiiiny pieces of information, like take all the talk on LoZ and stuff with just one trailer and a tiny bit of game-footage at the video game awards or whatever... it's kind of crazy lol, and it can be borderline annoying when companies try to spread hype over too long and a time and we just kind of suffer/have shallow discussions about things in the mean time, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

http://nintendoevery...-screenshots-2/

More Screenshots

Get hype etc.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

Really interested to see what exactly they bring over from the frontier series. I really wouldn't mind if they also used this as a chance to try and bring the frontier series to NA. It has some interesting stuff compared to regular series, namely the large scale multi part quests that features up to 16 players for one quest.

#16 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

They've been thinking about bringing frontier to the west, but they have done pretty real worries that it won't go over well. You have to grind 5 times as much to get armor/weapons, other than the monthly fee there are item packs that are basically necessary(cheap, but stuff like that isn't very welcome in the United states at least), and along a few other things it would be extremely expensive to port and maintain.

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

yeah I kind of understand not bringing Frontier over, hopefully MHX comes over and fills in a bit of the void of not having the Frontier series, haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

More MHX details

http://nintendoevery...sters-palicoes/

Better hope this game comes out in N.A. before 2017. Would help if the 3DS didn't die soon or else some companies (in this case, Capcom) might be less willing to localize games thinking that it's too late in the console's life cycle, lol. that would be pretty silly. I'm pretty sure MH4U sold well enough to warrant localizing more of the games, at least the good ones.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

I love how most of these "new details" are mostly seen in the trailer. Happy about brachydios being confirmed though. He's easily my favorite fight.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

haha, I guess not everyone is that insightful or something, idk

http://nintendoevery...nter-x-details/

I do like the general direction this game is going since it just seems slightly more appealing to me, but I hope it keeps its m ore hardcore elements that really drags people in/is what made the series great. like, trying to appeal to more people is good, but I hope the overall quality and nature of the game stays about where it's at, or something

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users