Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Pokemon Sun and Moon Stuff

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

I don't know if anyone else on this forum cares, but here goes...SPOILERS AHOY!

It's of interest to note that one girl revealed in this video was apparently part of a final starter evolution leak a while back:

Spoiler

So yeah, looks highly likely (I say, while hoping with all my heart that it is not true because it has not been OFFICIALLY confirmed yet) that we're getting YET ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter.

Supposedly though, according to another leak, there's two final starter evolutions. We'll see about that.

On the brighter side: I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THE ICE VULPIX. I have dubbed it Snowpix and it will be mine. And I will love it to death in whatever the new Pokemon Amie is. <3

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

Man, Exeggutor is high as a kite. 

I'd also like to point out that Alola Ninetales > Alola Vulpix in my opinion.  :ph34r: 

Still though, I'd love to see if they alter the stats at all.  Exeggutor has a pretty nice type now but needs the stats to back up being a grass dragon.  Please have tanky stats.

(Also, we get Alola Lapras when?  I have wanted a viable Lapras in forever)

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#3 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

Man, Exeggutor is high as a kite. 

I'd also like to point out that Alola Ninetales > Alola Vulpix in my opinion.  :ph34r:

Still though, I'd love to see if they alter the stats at all.  Exeggutor has a pretty nice type now but needs the stats to back up being a grass dragon.  Please have tanky stats.

You are entitled to your opinion. :P My opinion is that the wispy things on Icetales turns me off. That being said, Icetales could possibly be a dragon Pokemon's worst nightmare, with that ice/fairy typing.

As for stats, according to Pokemon's website on Snowshrew:

"Sandshrew’s body changed to adapt to the harsh environment of the snowy mountains. The Alolan Sandshrew has a shell of ice covering its skin, which is like hard steel. It excels defensively, but it lacks flexibility and can’t curl its body into a ball like a Ground-type Sandshrew can.

Its heavy weight makes the Alolan Sandshrew slower than a normal Sandshrew, but the claws on its hands and feet allow it to move across ice without slipping. When it wants to move quickly, it uses its stomach to slide across the ice like a curling rock."

This seems to imply that Sandshrew's stats will be altered, so this might be a thing for all the alola forms.

IUfb9Eg.png

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

I'm really hoping that they fully explore the alola form thing. If we're only going to get like just these Pokémon with alerted forms it won't make much sense. I'm not asking for every Pokémon to be altered mind you, just a decent chunk(maybe 30?)

Edit: more important than the number however is how well it's explained in game lore-wise

#5 TheAngelofDeathJaffar

TheAngelofDeathJaffar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

This seems good. I can't wait to see how it all lays out, some Pokemon seem legit, like that new Lizard they had that has the ability corrosive so it can hurt steel with Poison moves.

"When you feel your time has come,

Then I shall rewind time,

When you feel alone,

I'll be there to wipe away the fears,

You can't see me, but I am there." "Jiraiya"

#6 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

I'm really hoping that they fully explore the alola form thing. If we're only going to get like just these Pokémon with alerted forms it won't make much sense. I'm not asking for every Pokémon to be altered mind you, just a decent chunk(maybe 30?)

Edit: more important than the number however is how well it's explained in game lore-wise

The Pokemon website has some interesting descriptions on how they came to be, such as sandshrew/vulpix moving into snowy mountains and having to adapt. Exeggutor's dragon typing isn't explained at all, though its height is.

Not in-game, but it's something, at least.

IUfb9Eg.png

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

I've said this already but it's just so weird

not bad, just like man, it's gotten kinda crazy again, lol. I'm not sure you can exactly call this playing it safe or not, haha. I mean in a way it's interesting I just don't know how to feel about this. I'm neither excited nor appalled, just kind of neutral like "ok then..." lol

new Vulpix is kinda cool I guess

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

I've said this already but it's just so weird

not bad, just like man, it's gotten kinda crazy again, lol. I'm not sure you can exactly call this playing it safe or not, haha. I mean in a way it's interesting I just don't know how to feel about this. I'm neither excited nor appalled, just kind of neutral like "ok then..." lol

new Vulpix is kinda cool I guess

I c wut u did thar.

They've now revealed that Raichu has an alohan form that is electric/psychic, Marowak is suddenly fire/ghost, and Meowth is dark (BUT IT LOOKS GHOST I SWEAR)

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

I c wut u did thar.

They've now revealed that Raichu has an alohan form that is electric/psychic, Marowak is suddenly fire/ghost, and Meowth is dark (BUT IT LOOKS GHOST I SWEAR)

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/

really because even I don't see what I did there LOL

oh hey so those leaks I saw earlier (I think that's what they were) were made official eh. Raichu doesn't look quite as cool IMO but whatever, it's interesting they gave Raichu any attention lol. Marowak is cool and Meowth being dark is... idk, I can kinda see the anime having an alternate alohan or w/e version of Meowth competing with Team Rocket Meowth though (assuming Team Rocket is still a thing, it's not like I watch the anime anymore... >_>')

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:00 PM

New vulpix is ice. Cool=cold

#11 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

New vulpix is ice. Cool=cold

^ This, basically. lol

oh hey so those leaks I saw earlier (I think that's what they were) were made official eh

Pretty sure everyone did. People are REALLY good at data mining these days... And apparently have WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS to be doing this crap. I for one was hoping it was fake because at this point, even Game Freak is splicing things. Those ears? Dragonair.

I am bitterly disappointed in this because I know it won't actually KNOW Surf. And even if it did, Pikachu wouldn't. Because heaven forbid we get a surfing pikachu that isn't an exclusive event! >_>

IUfb9Eg.png

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

Honestly, what the hell is new Exeggutor? Why is it Dragon type? Because to hell with reasoning? It doesn't look like one. The others seem okay so far. I like the Vulpix and Raichu.

The Z-moves look silly and feel awkward imo. What next? Dab to no-sell the next attack? Did we need limit breaks?

I don't know, maybe I'm getting old, but it feels like we're really jumping the shark here. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

That said, the new mons don't look too bad - except for why they had to make sand castles evil - don't give people a reason to kick other people's sand castles over and make kids cry.

#13 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

Exeggutor is dragon type for the dragon palm. It's a bit of a stretch even for Pokémon(heh), but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

#14 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

That said, the new mons don't look too bad - except for why they had to make sand castles evil - don't give people a reason to kick other people's sand castles over and make kids cry.

Wait...evil? Excuse me while I go look at serebii.

Wait, got distracted by Pokemon Snap being released in Europe.

Okay, here we go.

Sunabaa is a grudge that dwells inside a pile of sand turns into a Pokemon. Truly a terrifying creature
Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba.

Does it hold a grudge because some kid shoved a shovel in its head? WTH man.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users