Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  acceptance : (20 June 2018 - 02:09 PM) I think
@  acceptance : (20 June 2018 - 02:29 AM) Sick nasty.
@  acceptance : (20 June 2018 - 02:29 AM) No More Heroes 3 is a thing.
@  Mig64 : (15 June 2018 - 02:36 AM) I'm not really sure how I feel about it, it felt a bit too different, could either work very well or not work at all, no middle ground.
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) not having super high hopes for it
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) the names and art are interesting
@  Fire Blazer : (12 June 2018 - 10:18 PM) new FE looks ok
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 09:07 PM) A post on SF refers to "brigade based tiles" and "squad based controls"
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:59 PM) Those generic units following the character give me hope that we can have actual large scale battles instead of turning everything into a glorified skirmish.
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:56 PM) Seems like a very fitting name for the character, then.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:27 PM) oh hey doing more research on that - the "gard" part is in fact cognate with "guard," so Edelgard approximately means Nobility Protector.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:26 PM) (Also, Edelgard is an interesting name - -gard is a common ending for old Germanic feminine given names [think Hildegard] and Edel is German for noble)
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:24 PM) The thing I thought might be interesting for gameplay is that it looked like maybe there were "units" that were actually ~a dozen generics. You can see a large group of archers and a large group of mages attack simultaneously.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:24 PM) I appreciate that Edelgard is wearing pants and not exposing her cleavage. These are useful things in battle.
@  Rujio : (12 June 2018 - 07:23 PM) There's not much there.
@  Mig64 : (12 June 2018 - 07:18 PM) Hey, guys, did you watch the Fire Emblem: Three Houses trailer? Thoughts?
@  acceptance : (12 June 2018 - 12:19 AM) Abyss 3DS will never be a thing that makes sense to me lol.
@  Fire Blazer : (11 June 2018 - 08:33 PM) but maybe they'll just remake it from the ground-up one day, who knows
@  Fire Blazer : (11 June 2018 - 08:33 PM) I already played it for PS2 and 3DS, so I think I'd have passed on that
@  acceptance : (11 June 2018 - 03:35 PM) Although in terms of remakes I would have preferred an Abyss PS4 version. Beggars can't be choosers and all that, though.

Photo

My Sprite Remake

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

Nice job with the sprite sheet, I think I see some Lyn frames as a base and/or reference haha, it's coming together slowly

The drawings are pretty solid as well, I actually like how much flair they have to them! It seems like there's a lot of eye-esque things on them, and hey, what's that one literal eye (not just an eye-looking thing on a sword) that looks like it has veins underneath it on the character in the bottom picture there? (the character to the right O_o)

well anyway they're cool drawings but I can't say too much more because I'm not great at giving feedback on this kinda stuff. it does feel like the bottom part of the face (like the jaw area) is sometimes scrunched up a bit though? kinda like the top of the head takes up a lot of the space and then things are a bit scrunched up at the bottom with large mouths and semi-pointed chins and stuff... maybe it's just me though idk, not an expert! just struck me as a little odd XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Dec 24 2014, 03:50 PM)

The drawings are pretty solid as well, I actually like how much flair they have to them! It seems like there's a lot of eye-esque things on them, and hey, what's that one literal eye (not just an eye-looking thing on a sword) that looks like it has veins underneath it on the character in the bottom picture there? (the character to the right O_o)

Watch Trinity Seven and you will know! I am still working on how to improve my way of drawing anime so this isn't still my best.

Thanks for the comment by the way. I hope I can test and release the animation by February or March.

NOTE: The 1st three drawings are actually the same person. happy.gif

#23 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:49 PM

Since necroposting isn't illegal at this site, I decided to revive this topic. But first!

The reason why I haven't posted an update about battle animation of Ebilen, is because I lost my external drive ( which contained the files for that animation ) due to my mind's lapsing mentality that cause me to forgot that I plugged my external drive at my class's PC Lab. Uuuggh... Anyway, with me getting interested again on creating another animation for Fire Emblem; I will do everything from scratch. Instead of using the same sprite sheet which I posted on Photobucket, I will improve my base sprite by making it custom. Of course, I will really need your feedback in order for my animation to be good. Please, help me on this again. Thank you.

So here is the base sprite which is of course taken inspiration from Whitewolf 8's Trueblade class:

First%20Sample_zpsmou647w5.png

What do you think of it? Anything wrong?

#24 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

Looks pretty good, but I can't tell what that red thing is going down the waist. Hair? A sheath?

IUfb9Eg.png

#25 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

Progress...

output_BPlz6D_zps3scqdcdx.gif

Yeah, his head will always stare at the enemy at that level... for now, so don't worry about it. I extended 2 frames for this since somehow the first frame doesn't fit with the second one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users