Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

~A New Voyage~

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Caliberated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

It is the year 1103.

Elibe has fallen.

A great plague struck the continent. Nobody knows the source, or a cure. Thousands die every day, and in the span of twelve years since the plague first struck, the population of the entire continent is barely that of four thousand. These survivors have managed to set up safe havens, cities where there seems to be no sign of the plague. But time is growing short, and Elibe itself is beginning to die. The land can no longer sustain mankind. So a search has begun. A search for a new home...

The RP will have two primary settings, as well as one minor setting: Elibe (this is the continent on which FE6/7 take place), the new land (I haven't thought of a name so if someone could help me out with this little detail, that would be lovely), and the sea (Elibe is a continent after all, so there's going to be quite a bit of water between Elibe and the new location). The primary goal of this RP is to make it to the new land, but it doesn't stop there. The new land is bound to be home to hostile peoples and creatures, so before it can be declared "safe", a group of powerful fighters must travel to the new land and ensure that the average person can survive there. That's where you, the RPers, come in. You shall be representatives from (maybe) each of the nations and regions of Elibe, working together to find a new home for your countrymen.

As a refresher, the nations of Elibe are:

* Bern
* Etruria
* Lycia
* Ilia
* Sacae

The regions are:

* Western Isles
* Nabata Desert
* Valor

Here is a page with a short description of each nation/region if you need it (even if you don't I would highly recommend at least glancing at it to inform yourself thoroughly).

I would like to avoid having more than three people from the same nation/region. If you really want to be from Bern but one person is already from Bern but there's nobody from the Western Isles, perhaps you should make your character from the Western Isles. You don't have to make your character fit the stereotype of each region since this situation may arise (you may want a Pegasus Knight, but the Western Isles are widely regarded as home to pirates and whatnot, for example), but if you can manage to do so, that would be nice. Not required though. The one requirement I am going to set down regarding the nations is this: Before the RP can begin, every nation and region must have at least one representative. Yes, this includes Valor. So even if there's a spot open from Lycia, if there's nobody from the Nabata Desert, you might want to change your origin for the good of the RP as a whole. Your origin does not have to widely influence your character (there is this thing called moving in which you change where you live but not who you are).

Now as for your characters, let's lay down some rules:

1. You may NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT be a character from Fire Emblem. You are to make your own character for this.
2. You may not start out as a promoted unit. You must start this as a pre-promoted unit. Don't worry, each character will have a great chance to promote along the course of the RP.
: List of pre-promoted units, as well as starting stats. (READ THIS BECAUSE THESE ARE WHAT YOU CAN BE) (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

* Mercenary HP: 21 STR:6 Skill:5 Speed:6 Luck:3 Def:4 Res:2
* Myrmidon HP:20 STR:5 Skill:6 Speed:7 Luck:4 Def:2 Res:2
* Thief HP:17 STR:2 Skill:7 Speed:8 Luck:7 Def:2 Res:2
* Knight HP:28 STR:4 Skill:2 Speed:3 Luck:2 Def:6 Res:1
* Fighter HP:28 STR:7 Skill:3 Speed:4 Luck:3 Def:2 Res:2
* Archer HP:16 STR:3 Skill:3 Speed:4 Luck:2 Def:2 Res:1
* Nomad HP:24 STR:4 Skill:5 Speed:5 Luck:3 Def:3 Res:2
* Cavalier HP:23 STR:3 Skill:3 Speed:5 Luck:2 Def:3 Res:1
* Pegasus Knight HP:17 STR:3 Skill:4 Speed:6 Luck:3 Def:1 Res:4
* Wyvern Rider HP:28 STR:5 Skill:3 Speed:6 Luck:1 Def:1 Res:1
* Monk HP:16 STR:3 Skill:5 Speed:3 Luck:2 Def:1 Res:3
* Cleric HP:15 STR:1 Skill:2 Speed:2 Luck:2 Def:1 Res:4
* Mage HP:17 STR:3 Skill:4 Speed:3 Luck:3 Def:1 Res:3
* Shaman HP:21 STR:4 Skill:2 Speed:2 Luck:2 Def:2 Res:3
* Troubadour HP:19 STR:1 Skill:3 Speed:4 Luck:3 Def:2 Res:4
* Pirate HP:26 STR:6 Skill:4 Speed:2 Luck:5 Def:3 Res:1

3. You may not start with a weapon with a rank above D, and it must be a generic weapon (as in <material> <weapon type>. No weapons with names such as the Wo Dao. Javelins are alright though even though they don't follow <material> <weapon type>). If you are unsure, post it and I'll correct it if need be.
4. You must be a human.
5. Your character may not try to undermine the efforts of the group as a whole. You are all working together to survive. Don't try to be a double agent.

For the unlearned, here is a brief description of the classes you can start with. Let me know if you need more (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Spoiler: Mercenary
Mercenaries are powerful units: they are very strong and they have the ability to take a few hits themselves. They are fairly accurate and they have a pretty good chance of Critical Hits. However, they have a limited weapon-pool, only able to use swords, and magic tears them a new one because of their low Resistance.

Spoiler: Myrmidon
Myrmidons aren't as powerful as their Mercenary counterparts, but they are deadly accurate and have a great chance of Critical Hits. They are also much faster than Mercenaries, but this comes with a price: they can't take the punishment that Mercenaries can, and they also are only able to use swords.

Spoiler: Thief
Thieves are not the people you want to lead an assault. Instead, you should let them hang back and pick off the weakened. They can use their Lockpicks to open chests, steal items from enemies, and they have better eyesight than the other classes. When they do attack, they are blisteringly fast but very weak, and they aren't able to handle more than two or three hits, and they may only use swords or knives. But their Speed is able to make up for their laughable Defense: if you go up against a Thief, good luck getting a hit in.

Spoiler: Knight
Knights wear huge suits of armor that give them incredible Defense and Strength at the cost of mobility; however, they are very weak to weapons like Hammers and Armorslayers. They are effective lance wielders. And while their armor protects them from weapons, magic is a completely different story.

Spoiler: Fighter
Fighters are very strong axe users with high HP and Strength. They aren't the fastest of people but they aren't the slowest, though they are lacking in the Defense department. But put them with a healer and you'll have yourself an incredible fighting force.

Spoiler: Archer
Archers are special in that they can attack farther away than other weapon-using classes with their bows, but if an enemy gets too close, they can't do anything. They also have low HP and Defense, but Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders are fearful of their arrows and the incredible damage they deal to their flying mounts.

Spoiler: Nomad
Nomads are Archers mounted on horses. Nomadic horses are less affected by rain and can move farther than Cavaliers, but they come with all the weaknesses of the Archer, though they are a great deal faster. And like the other mounted units, they are very weak to Horseslayers

Spoiler: Cavalier
Cavaliers are mounted units with the special ability to be the only pre-promoted unit that is able to use two different types of weapons (not counting the different Anima tomes): swords and lances. They have great HP, Strength, Defense, and mobility, but in combat, they tend to be slower than those who are on foot. Additionally, they are very weak to Horseslayers.

Spoiler: Pegasus Knight
Pegasus Knights are those who fight with lances from the back of a Pegasus horse. The wings of their mount allow them to laugh in the face of all kinds of terrain, but they are incredibly frail with low HP and Defense, and are particularly vulnerable to bows. However, they have high Speed and Resistance (magic defense).

Spoiler: Wyvern Rider
Wyvern Riders are stronger than Pegasus Knights with higher HP, Strength, and Defense. However, they are slower, have less Resistance, and have a lower chance of Critical Hits. And in addition to a weakness to bows, they are also very weak to Wind Anima magic.

Spoiler: Monk
Monks are users of Light magic. Like other Magic users, they have high Resistance and can engage in both direct and indirect combat, but low HP and Defense. Their Speed is moderate. Light magic is also very effective against dark creatures.

Spoiler: Cleric
Clerics are the only pre-promotes who are able to use Staves except for Troubadours. These Staves are healing tools, but they come with a major drawback: Clerics are unable to engage in combat. With low HP and Defense, you want to keep them out of combat at all costs: if a character is on the brink of death, a Cleric is just the person you want around to heal you.

Spoiler: Mage
Mages are Magic users who specialize in Anima magic, which is composed of Fire, Thunder, and Wind (this has its own Trinity of Magic inside the standard Trinity of Magic). Most mages specialize in one particular branch of Anima. They have incredibly high Resistance and have the added bonus of being able to engage in both direct and indirect combat, but this comes at the cost of HP and Defense: it's best to position a mage where they can't be struck back.

Spoiler: Shaman
Shamans are users of Dark tomes which are incredibly powerful. They are bulkier than their other Magic-using counterparts, but they are also slower and less accurate. In fact, their speed is outclassed by many units bar Knights.

Spoiler: Troubadour
Troubadours are mounted Clerics, so they have the mobility of mounted units. But like Clerics, they are frail and cannot fight back. And like mounted units, they are very vulnerable to Horseslayers.

Spoiler: Pirate
Pirates are incredibly powerful and have amazing HP, but they have low Defense (not as bad as Fighters) and abysmal Resistance, as well as mediocre Speed. They can cross water with no problem and they use axes to fight.

When the time comes, I'll explain the promoted units. But that's not for some time.

One of the great things about an RP based on a game is that we as RPers can do things that cannot be done in the game. A few examples:

* If an Archer fires at a Pegasus Knight, it might hit the rider or it might hit the Pegasus. If it hits the rider, no big deal. Same for Wyvern Riders, though this doesn't apply with Wind tomes.
* Archers and Clerics can indeed fight back, either with pocket knives, stabbing enemies with their arrows from their quiver, or by bashing people in the face with their staves. Additionally, Nomads and Troubadours may use their horses to trample enemies.
* All mounted units may use their mounts as weapons.
* Mages may cast their spells on their allies, giving their weapons a temporary boost with whatever they were struck with.
* Your weapons are not only made of metal and paper! There will be plenty of things in the areas that can be used as one-use weapons, like throwing rocks at a mounted or flying unit
* Additionally, you may use any weapon (as long as it's feasible), but if it's not the ideal weapon(s) for your class, don't expect to do very well with it. It'll get the job done...barely.

Summary of this list: Don't be limited by what the game does and does not allow. Be creative! Try to think beyond the limits of the game because we aren't limited by coding when we RP.

I would like to see an even distribution of the classes. Don't go rushing to make a myrmidon because LOLOL CRITICAL HIT when there is already one. I know it's unrealistic to expect that enough people will sign up so that every class will have representation, but let's try to ensure that there's a nice amount of both physical attackers and magic users, and I think we would all regret not having a healer.

Before I show a sample character (it'll be the character that I intend to use), I'm going to go over combat.

The RP will be separated in a number of chapters. While a majority of the chapter will be fighting, there is also exploration to be done since nobody has left their safe havens and so Elibe is pretty much a mystery land (not to mention how much exploration will be done out on the sea and in the new land). Fighting may be against other humans, monsters, or a combination of both. Like in the Fire Emblem series, the protagonists will be vastly outnumbered by their enemy, but they vastly outmatch their enemies in regards to their skill (for the most part). To advance, the team of protagonists must work together to overcome their enemy as quickly as possible because time is running short for the people of Elibe. To facilitate quick travel and minimal losses, do your best to follow these combat tips:

* KNOW THE WEAPONS TRIANGLE AND TRINITIES OF MAGIC. You will know what your opponents will be armed with. Don't go rushing in blindly when you have the weapon disadvantage.
* Take note of the terrain description
* Never think that you can handle it. If you need help, speak up!
* Know what combat advantages (Mages and Pegasus Knights have high resistance, Archers can engage indirectly, Fighters and the sort have high defense) and disadvantages (Pegasus Knights weak to arrows, Archers unable to engage in direct combat effectively, Clerics unable to fight effectively at all) your character's class has
* Make sure you know how durable your equipment is. I'll occasionally make a GM post and note if someone has less-than-optimum equipment durability, so be sure to switch weapons or stay out of battle if it applies to you.

Combat: Each weapon has its own power. All iron weapons have a base attack of 1, Steel weapons have a base attack of 3, Silver weapons have a base attack of 5. The same code goes for magic. Fire-Thunder-Elfire. Lightning-Shine-Divine. Flux-Nosferatu-Luna. Weapons like Killer Axes and whatnot are not available in this RP. Nerfing weapons like Baskilos and such are not available in this RP.

The whole combat will be decided by me. I will use a percentage system. Every human RPer has a natural 50% hit, and each weapon raises the hit ratio even more: Iron+15, Steel+20, Silver+25. All enemies will have a hit of 20% in the beginning, and it will slowly raise after every other chapter. Criticals have a 2% chance of being activated. You can only attack one person at a time.

Levels will be in this game, as well as promoting. Experience will be determined on what it being defeated.

All enemies will give 5EXp-10EXP, and it takes 100EXP to level up. Leveling up is essential for promoting, and getting more attack as well as better Weapon levels. Growth rates will be based off of some characters from FE7, either NPC or actual characters is to be determined.

Support conversations are unrestricted, but they also don't raise growths for anything. It is good to converse with other members still.

Use the following form when signing up for the RP:

Name:
Age and Gender:
Class:
Country of Origin:
Appearance:
Personality:
Starting Weapon:

I will be taking minimal amount of people, maybe six or so, and this will be a slower RP so that it wont die off. This RP requires dedication, so only join if you will be here for a long time. And put a good amount of words in each post, around 75-100 is good, you can go over 100 words by all means, but don't post two-three liners. This is my RP, so don't GM, I am in charge of it.

If you have any questions, let me know. I will try to explain the Combat and Levels better. And yes, I will be making my own character.
Jesus Christ is Lord.

#2 coolyair

coolyair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi, i don't have time to read every little detail you put into this, but it looks really fun. sadly i have midyears right now and i don't think i would be able to participate fully. If i can remember too i will come back here when i have more time and get deeply involved. best of luck to your game.

Name:Don
Age and Gender: 19 Male
Class: Mage
Country of Origin: Sacae
Appearance: 5' 11'', turquoise eyes, thick blonde hair, slightly tanned,dumb looking, and quick lengthy limbs.
Personality: Confident that things will work out. speaks only when necessary. smarter than people perceive. constantly trying to better his skills. annoyed with people who speak without thinking. likes people who are directly honest.
Starting Weapon: fighting staff (weapon level D). primarily used to bash/trip up enemies. Also used to cast primitive spells which alter earthen surroundings.

#3 Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Caliberated

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (coolyair @ Jan 22 2012, 03:58 PM)
Starting Weapon: fighting staff (weapon level D). primarily used to bash/trip up enemies. Also used to cast primitive spells which alter earthen surroundings.

Everything you had was pretty decent, except for the starting weapon. There aren't any of those type of weapons in FE7, so I suggest using Fire to start out instead.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

#4 coolyair

coolyair

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

aww, i was kinda excited about that idea. alright i will use fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users