Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Supports need to be reworked.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

Originally this post was gonna be in depth and elegantly worded about post my issue, but my browser fucked up and lost my entire write up. So fuck elegance and fuck this forum.

Unlimited supports in Awakening is bad. It uses the same structure for supports from the game with a finite amount of supports which conflicts with unlimited supports. The supports in the previous games were mutually exclusive and could not all exist at the same time because they generally brought up a part of the character  and had the issue or thing resolved by the A support. Awakening does this as well which doesn't work. Common example brought up is Yarne. He suffers character regression because of this since he resolves to be less cowardly in his A supports but then regresses back to his old self once you start the next set of supports.

So this is why I think the content of supports need to be reworked so that they are not mutually exclusive if unlimited supports are back. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

I always felt supports should be limited. Realistically, if you are fighting in a war, you won't get to know everyone who you are fighting with personally.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

True, I also preferred limited supports as it brought about a definite resolution (I cite Isadora and Renault. Their epilogue was a great way of fulfilling the support and giving resolution to Isadora.)

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

I give absolutely no shits about "character regression" given that we simply aren't fixed so easily. If human beings had the level of improvement people expect out of fictional characters we'd all become Mary Sues by the time we're adults (except then people would bitch about others being Mary Sues and thus criticize us until we feel bad about ourselves again.)

I think unless there is interpersonal drama that results (which I REALLY DOUBT) though any supports that aren't the highest exclusive one (S ranks) shouldn't seem romantic in nature though. Not that I even remember how many of Awakening's supports had that weirdness.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

I get what you mean, I don't know how to fix this really. I do like the open-ness of being able to access supports (I don't like having to start new playthroughs), but at the same time it's almost too easy/can be weird sometimes. They would have to really pay attention to the dialog to make sure they completely avoid over-covering the same topic--coming to a resolution only for it to be a problem on the same level as before again--as Mercurius said though, characters aren't realistically "fixed" straight-away/simply, so I think it's ok if I they struggle with it a bit still, it's really a case-by-case thing for me of whether or not it makes sense, I guess.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

In the previous Fire Emblems, on top of being exclusive to few characters (limited supporting in the GBA series), the issue could be resolved if that was implemented again. Or, like the GBA series, IS could implement the previous system of capping on possible supports. If one or the other was implemented, it could solve character regression if the support content changed to be interpersonal and restricted to the characters on a subject matter that expands upon the character, yet doesn't change their overall personality. In reality, it would be difficult to have someone's personality change across all interactions instead of changing with one person whom the said person has become accustomed to.

#7 arimibn

arimibn

The Darkslayer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Location:My body lies in Georgia...but my mind lives in Arthias.
  • Interests:I like Fire Emblem...Er...Legend Of Zelda...RPG's are a fav...er...Hmm...Just ask me if I like stuff!

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

I see it this way. The reason we get unlimited supports is because we essentially get unlimited playtime.

I love the concept of a postgame in Fire Emblem. Which is why FE8 and FE10 were my favorites. 

I don't mind having unlimited supports, just rework them so they don't contradict each other so much. Lol

"You'll never forgive me? Like I give a damn."
"You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal...and it's beginning to piss me off."
"Though a fight every now and again does make life a little more interesting...dontcha think?"
Posted Image
^ This isn't dead, I swear!
Most of my closest friends have qualities that I despise. But I love them all regardless of their faults.
"Why are we trying to narrow God's mercy? I didn't realize there was a limit to how many people could go to heaven."

This will not be removed until I finish my Sprite Series. Arim and AJ VS The World Started December 19, 2013 (I actually still haven't given up on this! XD)

This will not be removed until The Demon Invasion is finished. Started December 19, 2013 (Hue)

3DS Friend Code 0834 - 1057 - 3616

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users