Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Idiot : (26 May 2017 - 01:41 PM) I'm afraid it is.
@  Fire Blazer : (26 May 2017 - 07:25 AM) is that true
@  Idiot : (26 May 2017 - 06:01 AM) I don't even smoke crack.
@  Fire Blazer : (26 May 2017 - 05:56 AM) i''m alive just busy (and no not playing Echoes T_T)
@  Fire Blazer : (26 May 2017 - 05:56 AM) HI
@  Blue Leafeon : (19 May 2017 - 11:52 AM) I prefer dorf fort. It's funnier
@  GyppyGirl2021 : (18 May 2017 - 02:03 PM) derp fortress
@  Idiot : (17 May 2017 - 02:45 PM) Derp away, friend.
@  AnimaBlocco : (17 May 2017 - 01:53 PM) Derp... :P sorry, just derping around here.
@  Cero : (17 May 2017 - 03:30 AM) oh dang we're actually having activity
@  Idiot : (17 May 2017 - 02:27 AM) Oh frick.
@  Fujisaki : (16 May 2017 - 07:53 PM) Although mentioning that I'm lurking really gives it away.
@  Fujisaki : (16 May 2017 - 04:54 PM) -lurks-
@  Whitewolf8 : (15 May 2017 - 07:59 PM) Well, now you do! Knowledge!
@  Fire Blazer : (15 May 2017 - 06:20 PM) @Whitewolf do you now. i wouldn't know XP
@  Fire Blazer : (15 May 2017 - 06:20 PM) I get the reason why it's that way, but that doesn't mean I like it. lol
@  Whitewolf8 : (14 May 2017 - 10:35 PM) but i always say dumb things.
@  GyppyGirl2021 : (14 May 2017 - 08:27 PM) foyer embluh.
@  Mercurius : (14 May 2017 - 08:09 PM) I DIDN'T LIKE IT BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO
@  Mercurius : (14 May 2017 - 08:09 PM)

Things like animations being super boring aside, the maps are just way too small

I have had no hope for those puny maps from the very first moment we saw they existed

Photo

Completed Games List 2017

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 zac

zac

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:10 AM

Atlus games are always brutal tbh. They like to step up the difficulty a bit when compared to the rest of the genre.

#42 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:48 AM

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia / 3DS / May 23, 2017

When I finished Act 1 of the game, I told everyone in the Discord chat to start on hard mode, because I did that and it wasn't really that hard. I'm not taking that back, because only two stages in the game caused me to actually have to restart the chapter, the second to last stage in Act 4 of Celica's route and the final stage of the main storyline. (There is one more where I had to but that wasn't because I was doing it wrong, it was because I couldn't keep Boey or Leon alive no matter what I did because their poor stats made them death magnets. As soon as I evacuated them the same stage became trivial.) There are parts of the game where I really did have to re-evaluate the decisions I was making on the battlefield, all of them in Act 4, but because you can turn back time in this game a huge number of times, it almost never resulted in me making any major corrections. Postgame (Act 6) is a whole other beast I have no idea about.

Thoughts on my experience throughout...

Spoiler

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#43 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

When I finished Act 1 of the game, I told everyone in the Discord chat to start on hard mode, because I did that and it wasn't really that hard. I'm not taking that back,

You should, because I followed your advice and had plenty of issues due to bad growth rates and stupidly bulky enemies. I think I'm going to have to restart to fix this.

IUfb9Eg.png

#44 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

You already restarted because of Leon dying while he's green. I put up with shitty levels on most characters too.

Might as well list def/res for my endgame units I guess... (basically no one can be trusted to dodge anything if you're not abusing some big terrain bonus, so I didn't bother playing on the assumption people wouldn't get hit)

Alm: D22 R9 (hilarious when your thrown in to solo 3 stages with Alm alone and he just tanks everything)

Saint: D25 R12 (the results of leveling her up to 20 for both times she promoted, stat fountains helped too)

Saint: D10 R20 (I had her eat two def boosting items so normally she would have had 6DEF, her base res is just crazy)

Saint:  D11 R11 (being squishy kind of led her to warp duty a lot of the time)

Sage: D17 R8 (he sucked against mire, had to keep the coral ring on him at some point)

Priestess: D6 D15 (she pretty much always needed a wall of others to protect her)

Gold Knight: D14 R6 (good bases to begin with but the res was problematic against Mire)

Bow Knight: D10 R5 (I'm glad he can attack from 6 spaces away, teleporting witches love to try killing him though)

Baron: D20 R5 (useless in any chapter with a high mage to physical ratio)

Baron: D20 R2 (useless in any chapter with a high mage to physical ratio)

Celica: D14 R11 (I guess Invoke was so amazing I never kind of noticed her defensive stats are poor)

Priestess: D12 R11 (ditto, I needed stat fountains to get the defense to decent too)

Dread Fighter: D15 R4+5 (a lot more durable than he seems because nobody doubles him)

Dread Fighter: D20 R4+5 (even better, I guess he still gets doubled by mogalls though)

Dread Fighter: D14 R2+5 (...he doesn't have it so good, but he works)

Bow Knight: D10 R1 (I had to restart Celica's final dungeon for how fragile and slow he was)

Saint: D5 R13 (too busy using Invoke to be concerned with stats, it took her until Celica's final dungeon to promote)

Anybody else isn't worth listing because they were often more of a liability than they were useful or basically don't have stats that actually matter enough to send them into combat (Boey became relegated to Genny's healer as soon as he turned Sage because the promotion wasn't helping him enough to matter) or because I stopped using them before Act 3 started.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#45 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

No, I meant my file lol. Decided against it though. I'm already close to the end, I hope. >_>

IUfb9Eg.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users