Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (18 March 2020 - 03:18 AM) hope everyone is managing ok...
@  kirant : (03 March 2020 - 05:41 AM) New challenger approaching!
@  xcrash1998 : (26 February 2020 - 09:55 AM) Not anymore
@  Mage Girl : (17 February 2020 - 02:33 AM) I can safely say I'm so far the only person to post to this shoutbox in 2020...
@  Fire Blazer : (24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM) naw, it's when the bots make collaborated efforts to crawl places, lol
@  kirant : (23 December 2019 - 05:20 AM) What do we do on Index Day? Give each other bots?
@  Fire Blazer : (16 December 2019 - 01:39 AM) LOL
@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)

Photo

MyAnimeList Directory

My Anime List MyAnimeList Anime Directory

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Because we always needed more directories. 

Basically a website for listing down what anime you've been watching/have watched for noting purposes in case you forget or something, or want to show friends what you've been watching and discuss about them. Why am I still talking?

Oblivion Knight: http://myanimelist.n.../OblivionKnight

Blazer: http://myanimelist.n.../BurningGravity

Kirant: http://myanimelist.n...nimelist/kirant

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

I don't update it because I'm lazy and have better things to do, but here you go: http://myanimelist.n.../BurningGravity

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:16 AM

http://myanimelist.n...nimelist/kirant

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:41 AM

^Nothing too surprising there, mostly stuff I don't know lol, and go figure your ratings are a league below mine (again, I am too positive/carefree with the ratings, I can give crappy anime a score of 7 or 8 lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:57 AM

^Nothing too surprising there, mostly stuff I don't know lol, and go figure your ratings are a league below mine (again, I am too positive/carefree with the ratings, I can give crappy anime a score of 7 or 8 lol)

Yeah I'm in a similar spot. Basically mine is like:

10 if I learned something-esque from watching this, or watching this during a bad period of my life drastically enhanced my quality of life. 

9 If I really enjoyed watching, entertaining, etc

8's basically the same but not as high of a degree.

Whatever I didn't rate were short specials, or too old for me to remember how much I enjoyed watching them and can't be assed to go back and rewatch them for a more accurate number. 

I scrolled through his and only saw like one that was ranked 10. lol 

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#6 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:49 AM

I scrolled through his

Wouldn't it have been easier to just do a ranking sort?

Anyways, here's my basic standpoint:

10 - Excellent and a masterpiece in my mind.  This is reserved typically for 1-2 of any medium for me.  For example, I know no film that I would give a 10/10 and there is probably only 1 game I could give that to.

9 - Extremely solid, probably one of my personal favourites

8 - Great, quite enjoyable, but there are certainly strong reasons I might not have enjoyed it all.

7 - Good but has notable flaws

6 - Reasonable but certainly not for everyone (and I'm one of those people probably).

5 - Average

1-4 - Varying levels of below average to terrible.  I tend to not use these as much as I prefer to keep to anime that I like.  Time adjusted many of my scores to the lower values as my tastes have changed.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#7 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

lol All these fancy anime lists. I just made a google doc for mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#8 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Members
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

10 - Excellent and a masterpiece in my mind.  This is reserved typically for 1-2 of any medium for me.  For example, I know no film that I would give a 10/10 and there is probably only 1 game I could give that to.

8 - Great, quite enjoyable, but there are certainly strong reasons I might not have enjoyed it all.

6 - Reasonable but certainly not for everyone (and I'm one of those people probably).

5 - Average

1-4 - Varying levels of below average to terrible.  I tend to not use these as much as I prefer to keep to anime that I like.  Time adjusted many of my scores to the lower values as my tastes have changed.

I... wasn't aware there was a ranking sort. lol

Also thanks for explaining!

lol All these fancy anime lists. I just made a google doc for mine.

Ain't nobody got time for google docs. Make it private link read only so I can link it here.

user posted image

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

ahh, the joys of clicking on stuff that looks clickable, lol. I figured out there was a ranking sort, it's useful XP

Whatever I didn't rate were short specials, or too old for me to remember how much I enjoyed watching them and can't be assed to go back and rewatch them for a more accurate number.

I rated pretty much everything I aired but I didn't particularly care about accuracy soooo

I think I just arbitrarily and intuitively put out numbers, really, with a tiny bit of thought behind them. I had a lot to fill in, so maybe that was part of it; the other parts are like "who's going to see this?" and "who's going to care?" lol

5 - Average

That's a fair scale and honestly if I took this a bit more seriously I'd probably go with it, but at the same time you could consider that at least where I'm from, "average" is usually 7-7.5/10, not 5. Well, I guess a 50/100 is a suitable average for exam scores, but that aside... yeaaah, 5 as an average could be considered low.

And I also probably wouldn't time-adjust stuff, I mean DBZ and One Piece are... honestly not that great but I am not going to dock points off for it now, when I watched the bulk of the shows I enjoyed them so to me that's what matters. But yeah that's just my personal preference/way about going things, I'm just saying for discussion/reflection haha. I think your way of doing things is totally fine, what's most important is that you know the value of the numbers and that it's consistent throughout, I think, and that people aren't quick to judge more than a "you liked this" or "you didn't like this" based off something as small as a number lol. I mean I bash the One Piece anime a lot but I still gave it a 9/10, so clearly my opinions and experiences are not so simple/straightforward that a score can accurately sum them up. (And for me that 9/10 just means I enjoyed watching it quite a bit back in the day, it's not "extremely solid" like the score would be in your standpoint.)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users