Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

FEif: Hoshido or Nohr?

#TeamHoshido #TeamNohr #Decisions

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

I want to instinctively side with Hoshido more, but I saw this. Now I can't dislike Nohr, if only for Marx's sake. I'm really hoping Nintendo pulls through and makes both sides equally appealing. I'd love to have my heart torn out like that.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#22 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

I don't get the Nohr box art though if I don't buy two copies haha.

I think I'll definitely go Hoshido first time out, to scope out the game and see what changes they've made.

2016 though, that's so far away

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#23 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Hoshido, most likely.

#24 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:49 AM

Judging from the trailer, it sounds like the conflict is Nohr's fault to begin with, so I can't really sympathize with them (it's like being able to play for Daein under Ashnard or the Black Fang under Nergal, when your leader is obviously a psychopathic mass murderer). Gameplay-wise, the Nohr side does seem to be more akin to FE8's Ephraim route. 

I usually start on Normal, but I started FE10 on Easy and FEA on Hard. FE10 Easy and FEA Hard ended up being about the same difficulty imo.
FE:RD Hector Lunatic Mode, let's gooooo

aye

and I think that difficulty thing says quite a bit about FE10 vs. FEA lol

Nohr, for sure. I'm incredibly interested in playing as the overly aggressive or "bad dudes" in a Fire Emblem game. I also love anti-heroes, so this is kinda a dream come true.

yeah, I don't know how bad it's actually going to be--Kamui might be the "good guy amongst bad guys" in that case--but we'll see. it's definitely the more interesting choice than the straight-up-good-guy Hoshido route. though either way, it seems like the side you don't pick is going to make you feel super guilty about picking the side that you did.

I'm cool with bad dudes. They're the only ones who can rescue the president from ninjas.

Bad Dudes x Fire Emblem needs to happen

yeah ok then

Probably Nohr.

Entirely because of Marx also.

what is with people and Marx

Honestly, probably both. Save up my pennies for two copies of the game, pick one route each haha.

Nintendo have finally caught me out. The amount of money I'll probably spend on these wiith all the DLC and such to come is obscene.

Seraph that's not the point of the topic, the point is "if you had to choose one/choose one first"

silly Seraph :P

No need to buy two copies. The route you don't choose will be available as dlc supposedly.

yup, and for a cheaper price. thank you IS for being reasonable~

I kinda question this, true or not. If that's going to be the case, why not just make them one game? Oh well, I'll probably end up playing both routes one way or the other. 

Can FE:RD Hector Lunatic mode please be a thing. I would play that to my death.

because the price of one-game would be super high. just look at the limited edition. if they tried to sell a game for $59.99 or $79.99, it wouldn't fly. people would be super upset they're charging that much for one game, even if it has 2-3x as much content as Awakening without DLC. So they had to make a "standard" game that is normal price for people who don't want to commit to buying both routes (I mean, what if you don't even like it?) and offer up the other route as optional, which is done by DLC. though for the hardcore fans that know they want it, there is the limited edition that has everything (but only hardcore fans would be willing to put down like $80 for it on day-1).

Only reasons I can think of for them being seperate like that is because a) Nintendo needs the money right now and B) because they're different to the point where they can be considered two games. Either way I don't like it very much.

see above, I don't think it's actually really a Nintendo-is-being-greedy thing. it was said they both have huge amounts of differing content, so I think they're just doing what makes sense. sure, they want money, but they're pretty much offering two games worth of content... it's only fair that we pay for two games worth of content. or at least 1.5x worth.

Not supposedly, it will be. It's pretty much the other route at half price. Too lazy to go check for the exact values though. It's the same price as the third route DLC.

yup

Nohr for me. It has some cool characters like Marx and said to have a complex plot and hard difficulty. Hoshido looks pretty interesting though. I really hope when IF comes over here in the west, maybe they will package all of the sides together into one game or something. :c

WHAT IS WITH MARX UGH IS THIS SOME HUSBANDO THING OR SOMETHING

and again. IF THEY PACKAGE IT EVERYONE WILL BE PAYING $59.99 or $79.99 OR SOME CRAZY HIGH PRICE. why does everyone WANT this? am I really the only one who thinks it is absurd to sell a 3DS game for $59.99 without it being a limited edition?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:49 AM

ok I actually had to split up my post into two posts/double post because I apparently had too many quoted blocks of text

well then, forums. interesting restriction you have there

moving on :P

I want to instinctively side with Hoshido more, but I saw this. Now I can't dislike Nohr, if only for Marx's sake. I'm really hoping Nintendo pulls through and makes both sides equally appealing. I'd love to have my heart torn out like that.

WHAT what is that

ok someone seriously fill me in on this Marx thing NOW lololol

"love to have my heart torn out"

if it's torn out, you can't love anymore *shot*

but yeah it seems like they make you feel super guilty no matter which side you choose

I don't get the Nohr box art though if I don't buy two copies haha.

I think I'll definitely go Hoshido first time out, to scope out the game and see what changes they've made.

2016 though, that's so far away

you want to buy two separate physical copies just for the boxart? lololol

maybe get the LE then, if it comes over

it is so far away, but usually they don't announce FE games until way late... like, after the game has already come out in Japan, even

so the fact that they're announcing it internationally means that we get the information earlier without having to "spy" onto the Japanese side... and as a result, we feel like we should get the game earlier

when really it's the same timing as before, it just feels like longer because a lot of us spoiled ourselves earlier

or something

idk

just reflecting

2016 is a long wait indeed, it will be painful

Hoshido, most likely.

because

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

I'm probably going to wait for the release with all three versions included if that's coming to us. I don't like having to download extra stuff.

#27 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

that's fair, I'll just do whatever I can afford probably; maybe buy both games separate, or the LE, or a single game thing if that's what they do, or get one and DL the rest... idk. we'll see. but I'm totally willing to put up like a $100 for FE, since that's just how I am, lol. I don't even play a ton of FE, but I enjoy it enough that I'm easily willing to dish out high amounts of money for it.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#28 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'll probably get the Nohr edition, they're the black guys you grew up with right? For me it makes more sense to side with the people you grew up with and care about (I haven't read anything about you being unhappy or abused in Nohr) than your blood that you haven't seen for years (again, from what I've read).

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#29 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:50 PM

I would have to go with Hoshido despite me going to go through all the paths anyway because 1... I want to do the right thing because I am that kind of person and 2... I really want to have fun while going through the story but doing it on Hard on Classic.

#30 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:50 AM

and again. IF THEY PACKAGE IT EVERYONE WILL BE PAYING $59.99 or $79.99 OR SOME CRAZY HIGH PRICE. why does everyone WANT this? am I really the only one who thinks it is absurd to sell a 3DS game for $59.99 without it being a limited edition?

I mean, let's be real, it's a Fire Emblem game. I'd drop 60 on both bundled or 100 on a collector's edition of both bundled without a second thought. Whether someone with a sense of fiscal responsibility would or not is another matter, I guess. :P

"love to have my heart torn out"

if it's torn out, you can't love anymore *shot*

but yeah it seems like they make you feel super guilty no matter which side you choose

So much the better- I can't imagine a more perfect form of despair than having both sides be equally justified, yet needing to only pick one. Hooray for emotional masochism!

Spoiler

#31 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

I'm going with Hoshido because azn pride yo it'd be a fresher experience to play with the majority of my team being the asian-themed characters. Don't care for playing as the "bad guys" or anything.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#32 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

I'll probably get the Nohr edition, they're the black guys you grew up with right? For me it makes more sense to side with the people you grew up with and care about (I haven't read anything about you being unhappy or abused in Nohr) than your blood that you haven't seen for years (again, from what I've read).

wow, such an honest and decisive answer... like, idk, the whole point was to make it so that you have a hard time deciding with one side or the other based on relationships (blood vs. time), but you're just like "THAT DON'T MATTAH, IT'S DA TIME DAT MATTAHS... OR MY NAME AIN'T MATT" *shot*

in other words though, I respect your choice

So much the better- I can't imagine a more perfect form of despair than having both sides be equally justified, yet needing to only pick one. Hooray for emotional masochism!

lol yeah, it's better this way, I think, if only because it makes things slightly more interesting

I'm going with Hoshido because azn pride yo it'd be a fresher experience to play with the majority of my team being the asian-themed characters. Don't care for playing as the "bad guys" or anything.

that's fair and a good point I haven't thought of before. I am a bit interested in how the usual FE medival-type setting will be slightly changed here (even if it's only Japanese references or something)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#33 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

in other words though, I respect your choice

that's fair and a good point I haven't thought of before. I am a bit interested in how the usual FE medival-type setting will be slightly changed here (even if it's only Japanese references or something)

I was wondering if both sides would have different weapons, if they would be kind of like prfs depending on which side you picked or if anyone can use them. Also would they both have the same classes? I got the feeling that Nohr would have Wyverns and Hoshido would have Pegasi though maybe that's just one character example. 

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#34 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

I didn't really think about the whole thing with the who you grew up with and who's bloodline you belong to... That might actually change my choice. But again, it shouldn't matter too much in the end as I'll end up playing both routes anyway. :P

Edit: Oh goodness not these emoticons again. 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#35 Levy

Levy

That one sprites guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

Nohr currently as I agree with the idea of fighting for the people who you nearly spent all your life with

#36 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Nohr currently as I agree with the idea of fighting for the people who you nearly spent all your life with

haha another one with this. I guess that makes sense. but at the same time, if it came down to it, I'd definitely not want to actually hurt the people who are my blood or whatever (in my in-game persona)... both sides need to live, but I'd side with Nohr in terms of the war while still trying to appease the other side, ideally... or something

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#37 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

As far as the "I lived with them" v.s. "I'm related to them" thing goes I'd really have to wait until they show us some more of how the environments in said places are. An excuse for surveying both sides could be to start out as a spy for the other side.

I'd be nice if you could betray the side you're on at some point in the game if you aren't satisfied with the characters there, but I doubt that given the whole 2 games thing.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#38 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

It's the weirdest thing, but I'm now finding myself gravitating towards Nohr. Even before seeing that Levy made basically the same point, the Avatar hasn't run away from Norh, so they must have been a supportive family overall. I'm sure that the Hoshido have spent plenty of time looking for their missing child/sibling, but there's something to be said for the family they were raised by, as well. For whatever reason, I'm already perceiving the Hoshido similarly to how Selena from FE8 or Pheros from FE13 were in that I want to love them, but they're on the wrong side and that I can't. Then again, this may just be influenced by Marx. Once more information about both families shows up, especially how Nohr came into custody of the avatar in the first place, then I might be able to decide.

There hasn't been a poll for us let, so let's fix that! http://strawpoll.me/4130889

Side note, despite the game's black and white motif, it seems that the underlying theme is going to be how far the story's moral questions actually are from being black and white. It sounds obvious, but eh.

Spoiler

#39 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

It's the weirdest thing, but I'm now finding myself gravitating towards Nohr. Even before seeing that Levy made basically the same point, the Avatar hasn't run away from Norh, so they must have been a supportive family overall. I'm sure that the Hoshido have spent plenty of time looking for their missing child/sibling, but there's something to be said for the family they were raised by, as well. For whatever reason, I'm already perceiving the Hoshido similarly to how Selena from FE8 or Pheros from FE13 were in that I want to love them, but they're on the wrong side and that I can't. Then again, this may just be influenced by Marx. Once more information about both families shows up, especially how Nohr came into custody of the avatar in the first place, then I might be able to decide.

There hasn't been a poll for us let, so let's fix that! http://strawpoll.me/4130889

Side note, despite the game's black and white motif, it seems that the underlying theme is going to be how far the story's moral questions actually are from being black and white. It sounds obvious, but eh.

I really wanted to choose the last option in the poll, but for whatever reason I kinda felt like that'd be waste

and yeah I don't expect the game to actually be white/black in terms of good/evil, if it was I'd be really disappointed and I think they know that. It's very possible that the Hoshido guys abandoned him as a kid and aren't as righteous as they're implied to be, or something *shruggles*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#40 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

It's the weirdest thing, but I'm now finding myself gravitating towards Nohr. Even before seeing that Levy made basically the same point, the <b>Avatar hasn't run away from Norh, so they must have been a supportive family overall.</b>

On the contrary, why is it so easy for them to switch sides to Hoshido?

I mean I don't think it's going to be a black/white matter either, but there's so little information I don't think that kind of speculation even matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users