Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (25 March 2019 - 10:43 PM) how things have changed
@  Elwood : (12 March 2019 - 08:31 AM) (a sigh somewhere between small and large)
@  kirant : (12 March 2019 - 05:40 AM) (larger sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (11 March 2019 - 08:49 PM) (small sigh)
@  Fire Blazer : (25 February 2019 - 05:07 AM)
@  Fire Blazer : (06 February 2019 - 04:34 AM) Cardfight Vanguard X? huh
@  Mercurius : (05 February 2019 - 10:49 PM) THE ONE SWITCH GAME I WANTED TO HAPPEN THE SECOND I LEARNED IT WAS REGION FREE PRE-RELEASE OMFG 2019 IS GIVING ME EVERY SINGLE REASON TO HAVE BOUGHT IT WOULD PAY ONLINE FOR 10/10
@  Fire Blazer : (03 February 2019 - 10:08 PM) plz no tumblrweed lol
@  acceptance : (02 February 2019 - 06:08 PM) (Like a tumbleweed, but more opinionated)
@  acceptance : (02 February 2019 - 06:08 PM) *Tumblrweed*
@  kirant : (02 February 2019 - 05:44 PM) *Tumbleweed*
@  Elwood : (02 February 2019 - 05:35 PM) *Tumbleweed*
@  Fire Blazer : (31 January 2019 - 12:11 AM) (silence)
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:55 PM) tho personally I guess I'm not too afraid of responding to old messages anyway sometimes, haha
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) to have discussions where people respond at their own convenience
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) forums could still be used but we'd have to make a bit of an effort I guess
@  Fire Blazer : (12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM) I agree with Mage Girl/Cero/Elwood/Kirant lolol
@  xcrash1998 : (12 January 2019 - 10:15 AM) And yeah missing stuff on discord is easy depending on when most people are online
@  xcrash1998 : (12 January 2019 - 10:11 AM) I think there are just fewer people interested in taking part on forums since most information is already accesible trough the many means.
@  Mercurius : (09 January 2019 - 02:46 AM) Well, at the same time I also don't frequent most of the discord channels I'm a part of, though.

Photo

Why was dark magic taken out?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Seriously, why? I have no idea myself, was there a reason given or anything?

#2 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

Eh...no clue. It might have been to make room for other classes, or they didn't have enough characters to be the dark magic classes.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#3 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

Good point, it just seems odd to me, that's all. That and one light user. When I first played I expected Mist to get light, but no. Oh well.

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, Mist seemed like a possible light user as well. But in any case, I don't know why they did and think it was rather dumb... Maybe it's tied to the expansion of anima magic into 3 different magics again, although I don't see the excuse behind that not to include dark magic... :/

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Genealogy also had three types of Anima magic, and then Dark and Light magic both excluded from the trinity of magic. As such, I don't see a reason why dark magic was not implemented in this game. It doesn't bother me, though, since I don't really like dark magic.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

I like it. D: And I was actually thinking about FE4, which is why I said "I still don't get the excuse", Nintendo probably didn't take FE4 into thought when making that decision though seeing as it's a Japan-only game... Hm, I guess it will be a mystery forever. xP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

*Rings up Sherlock*

Anyways, I just find it a bit unbalanced that there's light and no dark. It's not like the world is perfect, is it?

#8 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

That and in Fe10 there are no Berserkers.

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (DH_Ninja @ December 08, 2008 12:05 am)
That and in Fe10 there are no Berserkers.

Really? I've never played it. They should be adding things, not taking them away mad.gif

#10 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

Dark Magic's bad ass. And Berserkers were one of my favorite units. D: Damn you Nintendo! mad.gif
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#11 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Sothey The Spammer @ December 08, 2008 02:15 pm)
Dark Magic's bad ass. And Berserkers were one of my favorite units. D: Damn you Nintendo! mad.gif

Very much so. to all of it. I seriously like my dark magic. And beserkers are great, large axes with large crit bonus are always great.

#12 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Why complain about that when you have Ike singling the whole game? tongue.gif

JK. Anyways, I never played the Tellius universe, so I shouldn't be talking. But about Dark magic... they were always there for the strong but slow spells, also deemed Elder magic. Since someone said the anima magic was divided into 3, I guess there really isn't any point into putting Dark magic. Maybe the Tellius universe doesn't have Shamans or something.

BUT someone did have a point when they said that they should be adding, not subtracting. You should see FE11 (FEDS)... there's nothing BUT anima magic... and it isn't even divided! Watch Dark Mages shoot Fire rather than Flux... Bishops using anima magic... pure laziness dry.gif

#13 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ December 14, 2008 11:07 pm)
Why complain about that when you have Ike singling the whole game? tongue.gif

JK. Anyways, I never played the Tellius universe, so I shouldn't be talking. But about Dark magic... they were always there for the strong but slow spells, also deemed Elder magic. Since someone said the anima magic was divided into 3, I guess there really isn't any point into putting Dark magic. Maybe the Tellius universe doesn't have Shamans or something.

BUT someone did have a point when they said that they should be adding, not subtracting. You should see FE11 (FEDS)... there's nothing BUT anima magic... and it isn't even divided! Watch Dark Mages shoot Fire rather than Flux... Bishops using anima magic... pure laziness dry.gif

But they kept light in FE9, as neutral.

I just dislike how there were 5 anima users to 1 light user and no dark users. They could have changed one mage/sage.

#14 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Can I fit them all in here? :)<br>Ok, random facts...<br>Favorite animals in order from best to less... but I still love them all!<br>1) Frog<br>2) Rabbit<br>3) Eagle<br>4) Dolphin<br>5) Turtle<br>6) Dog<br><br>... and the list goes on...

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:42 AM

Sounds similar to FE11... no initial Dark magic user... but there is a Dark mage class... with NO DARK MAGIC!

What will they get rid of next? Healing?

#15 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

They better not. It'd be no magic after.

1st: Dark Magic
2nd: Beserkers
3rd: ?

#16 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

LOL. They'll get rid of sword users! And maybe the Lord class. Oh, I know... Vulneraries!

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ December 16, 2008 07:45 pm)
LOL. They'll get rid of sword users! And maybe the Lord class. Oh, I know... Vulneraries!

Hm:

3rd: Remove weapons
4th: All units become diplomats.

#18 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

5th: Get rid of all charaters
6th: Get rid of Fire Emblem
7th: Get rid of Intelligent Designs...

... you know this will ALL happen eventually, you know.

#19 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (wraith89 @ December 19, 2008 11:24 pm)
5th: Get rid of all charaters
6th: Get rid of Fire Emblem
7th: Get rid of Intelligent Designs...

... you know this will ALL happen eventually, you know.

Yes, but I'm thinking of things which aren't inevitable.

#20 wraith89

wraith89

Song of Death

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:51 AM

Oh, hmmm...

5th: Fire Emblem becomes Thunder Emblem
6th: The game transforms into Advance Wars... without weapons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users