Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Anime v.s. The Game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:45 PM

I'm actually playing the sequel rather than the original/remake but still I can't help but find this contrast hilarious.

BEtCMEz.jpg

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#2 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:53 PM

lolwut

IUfb9Eg.png

#3 Mig64

Mig64

The Flying Submarine of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:ERROR 404

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

In the name of Whadafuq the All Mighty, what is that?

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:29 PM

God eater

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:56 PM

contrast between a dark anime and a light/fluffy actual game, is it?

also, based on the ToZ costume I see... that's GE2? that seriously does not look good (graphics-wise) at all, I heard it was subpar but dang ._.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

I actually really like the graphics. Maybe the resized resolution is bothering you? (Well the PS4 version is just upscaled from the Vita but I'm playing on the handheld so.)

lkyDHxv.jpg

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

I actually really like the graphics. Maybe the resized resolution is bothering you? (Well the PS4 version is just upscaled from the Vita but I'm playing on the handheld so.)

lkyDHxv.jpg

still "eh" to me but better I guess, idk somehow I expected more from an expensive game like that but it seems like it's about Tales of level which is def subpar IMO... the new (or maybe not so new) thing seems to be "it's too much effort to make high-quality anime-styled graphics so we just stylize them a bit or use chibi graphics [namely on the 3DS]", I guess in that sense FFXV should be a decent change of pace even if it's maybe still held back by the console specs (I feel like if Square was just developing for high-end PCs FFXV could look even way better, not that I'm a PC nerd or anything but the game is like the pinnacle of JRPG graphics soooo lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

blazer be like "I heard that game has subpar graphics, but geez that sucks."

Meanwhile, Leafy's idea of subpar graphics:

https://i.imgur.com/nCWTdu5.jpg

These are characters to a game called Stardew Valley, btw.

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:25 AM

Idk I thought the graphics were pretty ok. I've never really been able to afford current gen stuff though, and frankly a lot of wiiu games are impressive to me. MK8 and xenoblade chronicles x are both good examples of that.

Edit: to be fair graphical quality means very little to me in terms of games as long as it isn't completely ugly. morrowind for example just didn't age well at all, so i like to put some texture/model mods on it to give it a little facelift. whereas i'm perfectly happy to play things like dragon quest 5 on the ds because while it isn't cutting edge it still looks very good, and is pretty easy on the eyes imo.

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:22 AM

Edit: to be fair graphical quality means very little to me in terms of games as long as it isn't completely ugly. morrowind for example just didn't age well at all, so i like to put some texture/model mods on it to give it a little facelift. whereas i'm perfectly happy to play things like dragon quest 5 on the ds because while it isn't cutting edge it still looks very good, and is pretty easy on the eyes imo.

It depends for me.

Having been raised in the era of early PS1 and N64, (and I still play those games quite often, mind you.) I tend to be more forgiving of 3D models than I am 2D sprites, for whatever reason. For example, the lack of feet in FEA never bugged me, but when my friend showed me Etrian Odyssey's characters their slightly formless feet were one of the first things I noticed.

@morrowind: TBH, the entire series is kind of ugly. Skyrim was especially ugly. I had to download something to make faces prettier before I could really stand playing it. lol.

The point in my post was that blazer was calling the graphics subpar when I actually quite consider that to be beautiful because I'm used to things much, MUCH less detailed and smooth. lol

But then again, my biggest exposure to high def includes Smash Bros Wii U and Pokken Tournament. lol

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users