Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Making a Return

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

I've been gone from the FE community for waaaaaaaaay too long, and having to go back and remember my account information has been a bit of a pain. Especially since I have upgraded to a new computer since then.

So anyway, for those who know me, I AM BACK. And more mature than before so if anyone remembers me being on the bratty side, I am not that way anymore.

For those who don't know me...

Hi! I'm a girl and I play video games. My favorite FE games include Sacred Stones and Awakening, and I have played FE6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 and 13. I also like Pokemon, in case you can't figure that out by the username. I also like blue, cats and space-related things. :D

And now to go look around the forums/update user information.

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hi! I'm a girl

You have my attention. lol

Anyway welcome back to the Shrine! Things are kinda slow around here since....... well a very long time. Good to have someone new around.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#3 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:10 PM

Ew.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#4 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Hi. o-o

As Elwood said, things here are pretty dead... Most of the active forum posters are busy and the rest of us have migrated to Skype. (I'm giving this speech to two forums now lol)

#5 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

Hello there my fellow cat lover(i have 6 of them right now and several more that are strays but like to hang around my house because I'm nice to them).

Not too many people have sacred stones as one of their favorite fe games. It used to be my favorite, but then I played 4. Pretty cool that you like that one though. Most of the community likes 7 or 9.

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

You have my attention. lol

Thirsty as fuck.

Anyways, welcome back Leafeon! I'm from after your time so I don't know you how long ago were you on the forum? As you can tell the forum is pretty dead, but we're around and trying to keep it afloat. 

I see from your list of FE games played that you've never touched 1-6, any reason you haven't played them?

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

Because English, mothafucka.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

Anyways, welcome back Leafeon! I'm from after your time so I don't know you how long ago were you on the forum? As you can tell the forum is pretty dead, but we're around and trying to keep it afloat. 

I see from your list of FE games played that you've never touched 1-6, any reason you haven't played them?

I think I attempted to play the first or third once, back before they had remakes, but I didn't get very far lol. Nowadays it's mostly because I don't have the emulators for them, and they require finding hte translation patch lol.

Not too many people have sacred stones as one of their favorite fe games. It used to be my favorite, but then I played 4. Pretty cool that you like that one though. Most of the community likes 7 or 9.

To be honest, I don't truly understand the love for FE7 over FE8. I really don't. Sure, it has more characters and a longer game, and more difficulty is probably a thing too. But FE7 has an awful tutorial mode, rather forced characters, a storyline that feels like 80% filler, and some of the supports are just...awkward. lol. That's not to say I hate it, as I really do enjoy some of it, but it kinds of feels inferior to FE8 lol. I also hate how nobody can wield steel weapons without SERIOUS consequences. Playing the whole game with iron/silver weapons sucks.

Ew.

R00d!

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

To be honest, I don't truly understand the love for FE7 over FE8. I really don't. Sure, it has more characters and a longer game, and more difficulty is probably a thing too. But FE7 has an awful tutorial mode, rather forced characters, a storyline that feels like 80% filler, and some of the supports are just...awkward. lol. That's not to say I hate it, as I really do enjoy some of it, but it kinds of feels inferior to FE8 lol. I also hate how nobody can wield steel weapons without SERIOUS consequences. Playing the whole game with iron/silver weapons sucks.

Here's the best thing I could find to describe everything wrong with FE7: http://serenesforest...showtopic=27311

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

I've been gone from the FE community for waaaaaaaaay too long, and having to go back and remember my account information has been a bit of a pain. Especially since I have upgraded to a new computer since then.

So anyway, for those who know me, I AM BACK. And more mature than before so if anyone remembers me being on the bratty side, I am not that way anymore.

For those who don't know me...

Hi! I'm a girl and I play video games. My favorite FE games include Sacred Stones and Awakening, and I have played FE6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 and 13. I also like Pokemon, in case you can't figure that out by the username. I also like blue, cats and space-related things. :D

And now to go look around the forums/update user information.

ahahaha, man I'm glad I've started writing down at least some of my passwords. switching computers and the like/not having every password stored is just... >_____> *longface*

More mature, huh? That's interesting, if not good to hear. XP

I... actually don't think I knew you were a girl, LOL. If I did, I forgot. Then again, this is the internet, so you being a guy or a girl or neither doesn't particularly matter to me, lol. Personally, I found FE8 was great and Awakening was great at first, and yes POKEMON, I remember your Pokemon/FE forum (I think it was yours) haha

I'm sorry the forums are kinda dead, stuff happened in the time you were gone. but regardless, it's good to see a familiar face. :D hope you chat with us a bit when Fire Emblem Fates finally comes out West! (assuming you'll be playing it~)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

ahahaha, man I'm glad I've started writing down at least some of my passwords. switching computers and the like/not having every password stored is just... >_____> *longface*

More mature, huh? That's interesting, if not good to hear. XP

I... actually don't think I knew you were a girl, LOL. If I did, I forgot. Then again, this is the internet, so you being a guy or a girl or neither doesn't particularly matter to me, lol. Personally, I found FE8 was great and Awakening was great at first, and yes POKEMON, I remember your Pokemon/FE forum (I think it was yours) haha

I'm sorry the forums are kinda dead, stuff happened in the time you were gone. but regardless, it's good to see a familiar face. :D hope you chat with us a bit when Fire Emblem Fates finally comes out West! (assuming you'll be playing it~)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I argued with you about dumb things back in the day LOL

On the internet, everyone is pretty much assumed to be a guy. Unless it's on a REALLY girly website, haha.

Yes I will definitely be playing fates. You have no idea how hyped I get about FE games, and I don't even get hyped about Pokemon anymore. (I think it's how Pokemon are dishing out new games constantly, where as for a while there, we were all pretty much convinced no FE game was ever gonna leave Japan's shores again.) Although Fates sounds like it will be a massive tearjerker, I am hoping it will be a good one. (There are bad tearjerkers, yes.)

I am still curious about the third path. I have not been able to find ANY leaked information about it, strangely enough.

IUfb9Eg.png

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I argued with you about dumb things back in the day LOL

On the internet, everyone is pretty much assumed to be a guy. Unless it's on a REALLY girly website, haha.

Yes I will definitely be playing fates. You have no idea how hyped I get about FE games, and I don't even get hyped about Pokemon anymore. (I think it's how Pokemon are dishing out new games constantly, where as for a while there, we were all pretty much convinced no FE game was ever gonna leave Japan's shores again.) Although Fates sounds like it will be a massive tearjerker, I am hoping it will be a good one. (There are bad tearjerkers, yes.)

I am still curious about the third path. I have not been able to find ANY leaked information about it, strangely enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were at least 50% my fault if so, but I don't remember at all, so if we did, let's just put it behind us

haha I guess, oftentimes I don't even really think about it until I need to use a pronoun for someone. then i'm like "he/she... they... ... hey, is X a guy or a girl?" lol.

ahahah, really? that's good to hear. you a fan of the new mechanics/systems, then? hopefully you enjoy Fates. As far as Pokemon goes, I think I understand your sentiment, though I'd totally be down for a Pokemon Z or something next year--something besides Pokken tournament, anyhow. Though I do like that. and yeah, FE looked like it was going to get a gravestone soon, but then we not only got an (IMO good) new entry but now we're also getting this weird spin-off... and I mean, any game that gets a spin-off is probably noteworthy in some way in my book (see: Pokemon and Mario are so "noteworthy" they get milked with spin-offs and the like) so that says something

The game is out in Japan so I think if you really want you could find a lot of information about all the paths... it's hard to kind of draw a line with the spoilers though, if you go somewhere like reddit or on a spoiler thread in a forum like gamefaqs or SF, you might end up seeing more than you want. I've personally played the Japanese version of the Nohr route (which I wrote a review for) and part of the 3rd route (then I got busy and it's now sitting on my backlog T_T), so I could tell you a bit, but I think the best thing you can do is ask specific questions so you can get specific answers as to limit your spoilers (unless you want to be spoiled, but I feel like you'd have watched an LP of the game already or something if that were the case =P)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it were at least 50% my fault if so, but I don't remember at all, so if we did, let's just put it behind us

haha I guess, oftentimes I don't even really think about it until I need to use a pronoun for someone. then i'm like "he/she... they... ... hey, is X a guy or a girl?" lol.

ahahah, really? that's good to hear. you a fan of the new mechanics/systems, then? hopefully you enjoy Fates. As far as Pokemon goes, I think I understand your sentiment, though I'd totally be down for a Pokemon Z or something next year--something besides Pokken tournament, anyhow. Though I do like that. and yeah, FE looked like it was going to get a gravestone soon, but then we not only got an (IMO good) new entry but now we're also getting this weird spin-off... and I mean, any game that gets a spin-off is probably noteworthy in some way in my book (see: Pokemon and Mario are so "noteworthy" they get milked with spin-offs and the like) so that says something

The game is out in Japan so I think if you really want you could find a lot of information about all the paths... it's hard to kind of draw a line with the spoilers though, if you go somewhere like reddit or on a spoiler thread in a forum like gamefaqs or SF, you might end up seeing more than you want. I've personally played the Japanese version of the Nohr route (which I wrote a review for) and part of the 3rd route (then I got busy and it's now sitting on my backlog T_T), so I could tell you a bit, but I think the best thing you can do is ask specific questions so you can get specific answers as to limit your spoilers (unless you want to be spoiled, but I feel like you'd have watched an LP of the game already or something if that were the case =P)

Sounds good.

Yeah, same. lol

Awakening was definitely a good new entry. The story wasn't the best, but if video games were REALLY so reliant on good stories, Sonic, Mario, and a massive other handful of games wouldn't exist.

As for the new mechanics... I haven't heard much about them, except for how some of the old-time classes are getting some really weird changes. And I heard weapon uses were dropped in some way?

As for the three-separate-games story, I felt a bit disappointed at first that it wasn't something where you could pick your path in the actual, original game, but I suppose three separate stories would have been too much to have at once. (Except I think the limited edition package had that...not sure.) I am a fan of the decreased price for the other versions if the game. It's a great idea and I'd love for a certain OTHER series to do the same.

What I really want to know about the third path is if it's any less tragic than the other two. lol

The spin-off for FE scares me. I should have expected it, though, considering what it paired off with.

IUfb9Eg.png

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:43 PM

Ah, I remember you  :)

#15 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

BB OMG GO MAKE A THREAD TO ANNOUNCE YOUR PRESENCE 

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

to what end lol

he has at least been in the Skype chat tho

Sounds good.

Yeah, same. lol

Awakening was definitely a good new entry. The story wasn't the best, but if video games were REALLY so reliant on good stories, Sonic, Mario, and a massive other handful of games wouldn't exist.

As for the new mechanics... I haven't heard much about them, except for how some of the old-time classes are getting some really weird changes. And I heard weapon uses were dropped in some way?

As for the three-separate-games story, I felt a bit disappointed at first that it wasn't something where you could pick your path in the actual, original game, but I suppose three separate stories would have been too much to have at once. (Except I think the limited edition package had that...not sure.) I am a fan of the decreased price for the other versions if the game. It's a great idea and I'd love for a certain OTHER series to do the same.

What I really want to know about the third path is if it's any less tragic than the other two. lol

The spin-off for FE scares me. I should have expected it, though, considering what it paired off with.

@mechanics, I meant Awakening's mechanics, actually--as in, did you like Awakening's new mechanics like the new version of the skill system, the children, the pair up, etc.--as Fates is closest to Awakening, so if you liked those, I think your chances of liking Awakening are better

the limited edition package just includes all 3 in one, it's essentially 3 different campaigns with the same cast of characters/world/setting. You can buy one campaign for $40 and the other 2 for $20 since they reuse content (so paying full-price would be cheap, even if they come with different maps, events, cutscenes, etc.)

honestly after playing it I kinda want to question even the 50% off, but at least it's not a total scam. Pokemon on the other hand, it's obvious you either have to pick one and live with it and trade/interact with others to get the Pokemon you're missing, or buy full price to get both. I think they don't really want you to play both which is why they do what they do, but eh, despite kind of seeing their logic, I still think it'd be cool if they at least gave you a 25-50% discount. The games are so similar that if you are one of those people who buy both, it's probably hard not to feel like you got cheated out of like $30 >_>'

scares you? ahahaha. well, that's not too surprising. I totally seem like I'm in the minority as far as actually being a bit excited to play it. I like new stuff, so even if it's super weird and weeby, if it's a good game overall, I'm willing to overlook the stuff that doesn't appeal to me (namely the singing/idol poses/performance stuff, which is admittedly a big part of the game... but whatever)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

to what end lol

This will suffice:

book1.gif

#18 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

to what end lol

@mechanics, I meant Awakening's mechanics, actually--as in, did you like Awakening's new mechanics like the new version of the skill system, the children, the pair up, etc.--as Fates is closest to Awakening, so if you liked those, I think your chances of liking Awakening are better

the limited edition package just includes all 3 in one, it's essentially 3 different campaigns with the same cast of characters/world/setting. You can buy one campaign for $40 and the other 2 for $20 since they reuse content (so paying full-price would be cheap, even if they come with different maps, events, cutscenes, etc.)

honestly after playing it I kinda want to question even the 50% off, but at least it's not a total scam. Pokemon on the other hand, it's obvious you either have to pick one and live with it and trade/interact with others to get the Pokemon you're missing, or buy full price to get both. I think they don't really want you to play both which is why they do what they do, but eh, despite kind of seeing their logic, I still think it'd be cool if they at least gave you a 25-50% discount. The games are so similar that if you are one of those people who buy both, it's probably hard not to feel like you got cheated out of like $30 >_>'

scares you? ahahaha. well, that's not too surprising. I totally seem like I'm in the minority as far as actually being a bit excited to play it. I like new stuff, so even if it's super weird and weeby, if it's a good game overall, I'm willing to overlook the stuff that doesn't appeal to me (namely the singing/idol poses/performance stuff, which is admittedly a big part of the game... but whatever)

The mechanics in Awakening are great. The gameplay is what completely and totally makes up for the overall weak story. (I don't consider FEA's story BAD, per se, but just really weak and watered down. It at least managed to pull my heart strings and put me on the edge of my seat at various points, something which some other games have been failing to do, recently.)

The thing that bothers me about Fates is that they messed with some of the classes' weapons. (Thieves with bows? Uhhhhh... I liked swords better...)

Yeah, Pokemon was what I was talking about. They really need to do the same thing, IMO. But as you said, they really meant for you to get together with your friends and trade. Only problem with that is, as it has ALWAYS been, actually having friends who HAVE the games. Fourth gen made it easier with wifi trades, but every gen before that was pretty much "Wanna catch them all? Buy all the games AND an extra GB/GBC/GBA!" ...and a link cable. That was a thing too. Meanwhile, in Japan, nobody ever has this problem because EVERYONE plays Pokemon. :D

And yes, it scares me. The artwork does. lol. Demonized Chrom is especially terrifying to me.

IUfb9Eg.png

#19 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

The thing that bothers me about Fates is that they messed with some of the classes' weapons. (Thieves with bows? Uhhhhh... I liked swords better...)

I find bows a lot better for them than swords considering that they tend to suck in combat anyway (and nobody really likes archers in games where there isn't a 1-2 weapon for them so might as well have a replacement with better utility.)

They mess with the weapons fairly frequently though. Knights in FE1 had swords for example. FE9 even gave mages the option to use knives.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

*nods at Blue Leafeon's post*

find it funny you are terrified of "Demonized Chrom" though, ahahaha. I guess he is meant to look kinda evil, but XP

I find bows a lot better for them than swords considering that they tend to suck in combat anyway (and nobody really likes archers in games where there isn't a 1-2 weapon for them so might as well have a replacement with better utility.)

They mess with the weapons fairly frequently though. Knights in FE1 had swords for example. FE9 even gave mages the option to use knives.

hmm, make a good point with that second paragraph. I don't really think about it much but they do actually change things up plenty. It's just like, I never really used knives with Sages, so I kinda totally forgot, haha...

This will suffice:

book1.gif

also, you goof. (fitting for you though, lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users