Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (21 August 2017 - 01:18 AM) peekaboo
@  Cero : (20 August 2017 - 11:25 PM) rip
@  Fire Blazer : (14 August 2017 - 07:43 PM) oh... awk. XP
@  Idiot : (14 August 2017 - 01:08 PM) Aside from maybe a twitter, and a Skype I no longer have access to lol.
@  Idiot : (14 August 2017 - 01:08 PM) I don't actually have any public contact information, though. So that would explain why you don't have it.
@  Fire Blazer : (14 August 2017 - 05:08 AM) ahahaha. can't fault that logic.
@  kirant : (14 August 2017 - 01:41 AM) A quiet forum suits me better I think...so few hours in the day that I don't feel like sorting through all the activity on an active one for the nuggets of gold. Sturgeon's law and all.
@  kirant : (14 August 2017 - 01:40 AM) Ha. Someone assumes I leave forums. I think there's been 2 (?) that I've quit before their servers got shut down.
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 09:08 PM) hmmmm~
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 08:43 PM) i dunno, just thinking with these forums being kinda lifeless, i'll get sad thinking i have no way to talk to some people anymore. even if they are an idiot :P
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 08:42 PM) BBaller#1033
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 08:42 PM) if you have Discord you should at least add me there.
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 08:42 PM) now that I think about it, I don't have any of your contact info, Idiot.
@  Fire Blazer : (13 August 2017 - 08:41 PM) there's really no shortage of bad or concerning or upsetting news lately, so I can agree with that. though maybe it's a bit of an understatement... lol
@  Idiot : (12 August 2017 - 12:03 PM) I think meh is an accurate description of current times in general lol
@  zac : (12 August 2017 - 03:59 AM) it's been a very "meh" kinda time
@  zac : (12 August 2017 - 03:59 AM) nothing is going on right now, game releases i'm actually interested in have been slow
@  zac : (12 August 2017 - 03:59 AM) honestly i have wanted to post, but just haven't had anything to post about
@  kirant : (09 August 2017 - 03:50 AM) I'm starting to imagine it like a twice shy situation (or as Wikipedia tells me, mamihlapinatapai)...we're wanting to post but don't want to be the first one to post.
@  Fire Blazer : (09 August 2017 - 01:32 AM) *sees "45 users are online"*

even half of those were actual posting members... alas, lol. the glory days of FES have long since passed.

Photo

New "Fire Emblem if" Announced

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kirant

kirant

And no one ate dinner that night.

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Mar 22 2015, 09:19 PM)
[...]

I think you and I mean very different things when we say "balanced". What I mean is that character A is no better at beating the game nor any more or less important than character B (lords withstanding). I basically ask that the game can't turn into "Protect me Raven/Hector/Guy/Oswin" mode...in essence, what you state about character choice being arbitrary and downplayed is actually more capable under what I hope for in a "balanced game".

Red_Blue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy

#22 zac

zac

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

he was referring to thematic balance rather than balancing particular units, classes, etc. tbh you can't have a great game without flaws. a "perfect" game would get boring very quickly for me because it would also be predictable. FE needs things like missing at 80% hit chance to be FE. if Ross never killed himself with a devil axe whilst striking a wall FE8 just wouldn't be the same. i do feel you on the gameplay balance issues though kirant. awakening on lunatic mode was basically just Freddie's adventure 'til Chrom and Robin got strong enough to do work on their own.

On another note, pair-up was confirmed to be in the next game...i'm starting to think FE is going to keep heading towards being...not easier to play per se, but easier to get into. not that that's a bad thing. i'm always looking forward to having more people to talk FE with, but i have a feeling people who have only played awakening(and any titles after) are going to get a shock when/if they go back to previous titles.

#23 kirant

kirant

And no one ate dinner that night.

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (zac122 @ Mar 27 2015, 07:34 PM)
he was referring to thematic balance rather than balancing particular units, classes, etc.

Fair enough. I would probably argue that thematic balance is a lower concern these days though since most games will offer some variety or another of control over thematic balance. There are some games which don't but most of those fall under the rogue-like genre (ex - FTL or Darkest Dungeon) or are intentionally cruel coughDarkSoulscough.

Certainly a topic of discussion is how thematic balance influences the high/low fantasy scale. FE is typically leaning more to a high fantasy game these days (as oppose to heroic fantasy before0 so I certainly suspect game difficulty isn't going to be massive. I think the next game will be high fantasy given the limited info we got and how they've been shifting to that since Radiant Dawn.

QUOTE (zac122 @ Mar 27 2015, 07:34 PM)
On another note, pair-up was confirmed to be in the next game...i'm starting to think FE is going to keep heading towards being...not easier to play per se, but easier to get into. not that that's a bad thing. i'm always looking forward to having more people to talk FE with, but i have a feeling people who have only played awakening(and any titles after) are going to get a shock when/if they go back to previous titles.

I think that's always a part of long running franchises. People who play Persona 4 first always seem shocked when they can't control their AI in Persona 3 and need to wrestle their allies into not losing battles for them.

Red_Blue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users