Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  kirant : (25 June 2017 - 06:05 AM) There are fewer bots which make it in. It seems like the software blocking them out is getting better.
@  Idiot : (25 June 2017 - 05:36 AM) I mean probably the former, but hey you never know.
@  Idiot : (25 June 2017 - 05:36 AM) Either kirants doing a really good job at killing them, or their AI is becoming self-aware and improving it's capabilities.
@  Idiot : (25 June 2017 - 05:34 AM) I can't even spot the bots anymore.
@  Fire Blazer : (24 June 2017 - 05:16 AM) thanks Kirant lol
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 June 2017 - 01:47 AM) ...I should revise my statement.
A corpse of a bot is on the porch. ...pokepokepoke.
@  kirant : (24 June 2017 - 12:22 AM) It's not on the loose if I kill it, right?
@  Whitewolf8 : (23 June 2017 - 11:59 PM) Aaaand another bot seems to be on the loose.
@  Fire Blazer : (23 June 2017 - 06:46 PM) :)
@  Idiot : (23 June 2017 - 03:00 PM) Haha, good enough for me Blazer.
@  Whitewolf8 : (23 June 2017 - 12:05 PM) I am also still here. sort of. kind of. maybe. Also doubt I will 'actually' leave.
@  Fire Blazer : (23 June 2017 - 04:46 AM) and ofc, y'all are always free (if not welcome/encouraged) to chat me up somewhere else, though I don't intend to forcibly shut down these forums or anything for as long as I reasonably can
@  Fire Blazer : (23 June 2017 - 04:45 AM) You guys all bring up good points... not much I can say... or perhaps I'm just exhausted from everything going on in my life right now and don't feel like saying much... but know that I appreciate and look fondly on the time I have spent with you all... I'd probably even miss "Idiot", heh :P
@  Elwood : (22 June 2017 - 10:39 PM) I love this place. Doubt I'll leave as long as it exists. It's still my homepage so rest assured I'm always here a few times a day.
@  kirant : (22 June 2017 - 06:56 PM) True. You often begin stabilizing your interests and mentality in your late 20s.
@  Rujio : (22 June 2017 - 05:36 PM) Especially with forums like this that target a younger audience. Yeah a 45 year-old might stick around the same places when he's 55, but a 13 year old and a 23 year old are likely to have pretty different interests.
@  Rujio : (22 June 2017 - 05:35 PM) I mean, the problem is that this is/was a particular community, and communities like that change/go away over time. It's the same at any other forum, it's just that some places have the old communities replaced by new ones.
@  Idiot : (22 June 2017 - 10:29 AM) And that's from someone with only 6 years of experience under their belt here. Can't imagine how the real veterans feel about it lol.
@  Idiot : (22 June 2017 - 10:25 AM) Yeah but even so, the ones that have stuck around this long are all really great people. I wouldn't trade the memories and conversations I've had with everyone on here for any super popular forum. Though, I'm not the one who created it so obviously we come from pretty different perspectives.
@  Fire Blazer : (22 June 2017 - 08:37 AM) I think I was harboring this notion in the back of my head that, once I get a lot of free time again, I'll restore it to its glory days, but it's not nearly that simple, and I don't think I'll have said free time in the next 5, maybe even 10 years anyway, so it's probably a bit naive of me... lol

Photo

New "Fire Emblem if" Announced

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kirant

kirant

And no one ate dinner that night.

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Fire Blazer @ Mar 22 2015, 09:19 PM)
[...]

I think you and I mean very different things when we say "balanced". What I mean is that character A is no better at beating the game nor any more or less important than character B (lords withstanding). I basically ask that the game can't turn into "Protect me Raven/Hector/Guy/Oswin" mode...in essence, what you state about character choice being arbitrary and downplayed is actually more capable under what I hope for in a "balanced game".

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy

#22 zac

zac

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:34 AM

he was referring to thematic balance rather than balancing particular units, classes, etc. tbh you can't have a great game without flaws. a "perfect" game would get boring very quickly for me because it would also be predictable. FE needs things like missing at 80% hit chance to be FE. if Ross never killed himself with a devil axe whilst striking a wall FE8 just wouldn't be the same. i do feel you on the gameplay balance issues though kirant. awakening on lunatic mode was basically just Freddie's adventure 'til Chrom and Robin got strong enough to do work on their own.

On another note, pair-up was confirmed to be in the next game...i'm starting to think FE is going to keep heading towards being...not easier to play per se, but easier to get into. not that that's a bad thing. i'm always looking forward to having more people to talk FE with, but i have a feeling people who have only played awakening(and any titles after) are going to get a shock when/if they go back to previous titles.

#23 kirant

kirant

And no one ate dinner that night.

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (zac122 @ Mar 27 2015, 07:34 PM)
he was referring to thematic balance rather than balancing particular units, classes, etc.

Fair enough. I would probably argue that thematic balance is a lower concern these days though since most games will offer some variety or another of control over thematic balance. There are some games which don't but most of those fall under the rogue-like genre (ex - FTL or Darkest Dungeon) or are intentionally cruel coughDarkSoulscough.

Certainly a topic of discussion is how thematic balance influences the high/low fantasy scale. FE is typically leaning more to a high fantasy game these days (as oppose to heroic fantasy before0 so I certainly suspect game difficulty isn't going to be massive. I think the next game will be high fantasy given the limited info we got and how they've been shifting to that since Radiant Dawn.

QUOTE (zac122 @ Mar 27 2015, 07:34 PM)
On another note, pair-up was confirmed to be in the next game...i'm starting to think FE is going to keep heading towards being...not easier to play per se, but easier to get into. not that that's a bad thing. i'm always looking forward to having more people to talk FE with, but i have a feeling people who have only played awakening(and any titles after) are going to get a shock when/if they go back to previous titles.

I think that's always a part of long running franchises. People who play Persona 4 first always seem shocked when they can't control their AI in Persona 3 and need to wrestle their allies into not losing battles for them.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users