Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Most important FE stat

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Most important stat (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Most important stat

1. HP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Str/Mag (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Skl (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Spd (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Lck (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Def/Res (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

7. Con (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

This is assuming 20/20. I picked Def/Res. HP is pretty useless if you don't have any defense and resistance. Strength is useless if you lack skill. Skill is useless if you have no strength. Speed you have to have the possibility of being hit, while defense and resistance is a gurantee not to get hurt. For luck, same thing as speed. Con is useless if you lack fighting skills. If you have great defense/ resistance then the unit could be used as a wall, unlike for the other choices if you lack one other stat then that choice is useless.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#2 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

You bashed every stat except the one you chose... why?

With Defence sure you take less damage but you have very little speed, so even if the enemy is doing say 2 damage it's 2x2

and anyway, no unit has excellent Res and Def so you will be screwed if a mage comes towards you if you have high defence... and since you do you'll be slow and get doubled for OVER 9000
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#3 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:30 AM

Str.

How are you going to pass chapters, let alone the game, without doing damage to ANYONE?

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#4 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Speed, to double/dodge. Helps on both fronts.

#5 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

HP is pretty useless if you don't have any defense and resistance.

Def and res are pretty useless if you don't have any hp.

Strength is useless if you lack skill.

No, strength is useless if you lack skill and enemies actually have avo. If you still manage to get like 100+ hit, and enemies have around 20-30 avo at most, you'll still be hitting ~85% of the time.

Speed you have to have the possibility of being hit, while defense and resistance is a gurantee not to get hurt.

And gives you the opportunity to deal damage, which is the main feature of spd.

and blablabla, go do something more useful with your time than bashing every stat when you barely even know what you're talking about and more blablabla

Skl and luc are generally considered the least important stats. But I generally don't look at one stat in particular. I look at a combination of them. Str and spd complement each other well. Huge str + low spd about = huge spd + low str. You get what I mean? Same with def/res + hp.

#6 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Tino @ November 15, 2009 10:02 am)
HP is pretty useless if you don't have any defense and resistance.

Def and res are pretty useless if you don't have any hp.

False
If you have 60 hp and 0 def/res and an enemy has 30 attack, then you lose 30 hp.
If you have 30 def/res and 10 hp and the enemy has 30 attack, then you lose 0 hp.
See the difference?
user posted image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm taking a different approach such that I'm not going to say which has the greatest impact.

HP helps you live. That's great. It does little else, really, and other stats like def, resistance, and speed can also help you live while doing other things.

Strength is very important, yes. You need to damage others. But honestly, even if a unit has low strength, enemies generally aren't very strong, speed helps double enemies and thus doubles the damage (assuming you get in both attacks), and using a strong weapon can generally make up for this.

To me, skill IS important, but not all of the time, and it's not very important. It can really piss players off when they don't hit or have a really hard time hitting. Most people, when they play FE, are confident that their character will hit. When a character misses it can usually screw player's strategies and whatnot really bad (unless you're a save state abuser and just go "back in time").

In addition, many bosses stay on gates and other fortifications that increase their defense and skill, making it even HARDER to hit. You can use items with higher skill to rid of this problem for the most part, but usually stronger items have lower hit % and vice-versa, so if you use weaponry to make up for the hit %, you may just screw yourself on the damage side.

The good thing is that most enemies aren't that difficult to hit, aside from some bosses that get like 30% avoid bonus and whatnot. Not to mention if you abuse weapon triangle advantages like you should, you get an extra hit bonus, and things like support bonuses can also help a unit to hit the enemy.

Luck stat to me is like a combination of skill, speed, and misc. bonuses. IIRC It helps a unit avoid, hit, avoid criticals (and get criticals? not sure), and it might help with other things, it's been a while since I cared. I think that criticals are not that important and they shouldn't be something a unit depends on. If they really want them, there are Killer weapons. Enemies rarely ever have a decent chance to critical either. The boosts to hit are useful and the boosts to avoid are useful, but IMO they are not enough to warrant this stat the most important.

(Time to start cutting back on this tl;dr post)

Defense can be used as an alternative to HP. IMHO it is better than having HP.

60 HP unit w/ 10 defense vs. 40 HP unit w/ 20 defense

Enemy Hero does 15x2 damage to unit 1 and 5x2 damage to unit 2.

15x2=30, 60-30 = 30.
5x2=10, 40-10 = 30

Oh, it's all equal, right? Well, let's say another enemy hero or some unit comes and attacks with the same stats. Unit 1 will take 30 damage and die, while unit 2 will take 10 damage again and still have 20 HP left. In fact, unit 2 could take ANOTHER round of an enemy hero as well.

Defense is also useful for shielding, walls, provoking/baiting enemies, etc.

Resistance is great but usually enemy magic users die quickly and don't come in large powerful quantities. So in other words, it's a slightly less useful resistance.

Speed is the stat I am choosing. Speed helps you avoid attacks. Avoiding is important. Luck, terrain bonuses, and other things help avoid as well. If you can avoid attacks than you don't need to have defense to take damage.

Speed also helps double enemies. Doubling means doing 2 attacks, meaning 2x the damage. Equipped with a Brave sword, a unit can do 4x the damage in one round. Although you could say even if somebody has low speed they could still double with the brave sword, the enemy would ALSO double you, and that's not very epic.

That being said speed also happens to be my favorite stat, I'm quite biased for various reasons, and an argument could be made for any stat, so... tongue.gif

---------------------------------------

@Kingultra, I think Tino meant if you have 0 HP, lol.

Also, your latest example is REALLY extreme, just as extreme as Tino's, no unit has 0 HP or 0 defense, it's unrealistic, the only stats a unit ever really has a '0' in are luck and resistance, and it comes rarely (usually only enemies have '0' in stats).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Kingultra

Kingultra

Godly Baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Luffy @ November 15, 2009 11:37 am)
Resistance is great but usually enemy magic users die quickly and don't come in large powerful quantities. So in other words, it's a slightly less useful resistance.

I think you mean
" Slightly less useful defense."

And yes, my example is extreme.
I was thinking of editing it into something like what you posted.
user posted image

#9 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Luffy @ November 15, 2009 06:37 pm)
I think Tino meant if you have 0 HP, lol.

lol, I thought that as well xD

#10 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

@Kingultra, I think Tino meant if you have 0 HP, lol.

Also, your latest example is REALLY extreme, just as extreme as Tino's, no unit has 0 HP or 0 defense, it's unrealistic, the only stats a unit ever really has a '0' in are luck and resistance, and it comes rarely (usually only enemies have '0' in stats).

It was literally an extreme example of me, yes. But it's not what I meant.

Say a 20 hp/5 def unit. And a 15 hp/8 def unit.

To OHKO a, you need 25 atk. To OHKO b, you need 23 atk. In this scenario, hp > def

Now take a 30 hp/5 def unit. And a 25 hp/12 def unit

To 2HKO a, you need 20 atk. To 2HKO b, you need 25 atk. In this case, def > hp

Which was basically my point. Everything is more useful in differen situations, and in combination with other stats.

#11 Soviet Comrade

Soviet Comrade

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:???????????? ??????????

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

I don't think there is a single most important stat. I'd say they are all equally important in their own way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users