Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

(LU 7/9) FEF News Thread - 3rd Route DLC Out in Japan

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#61 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

I like the idea of a little hub castle thing for spotpass purposes, but what the hell was with the rest of it? That face touching. Are we just trying to morph into a Dating Sim?

Fire Emblem has gone full anime, why do we have to suddenly pander to the crowd that enjoys the 'kyaa! onii-chan don't walk in on me bathing' type of stuff. I just don't think it fits in a game of this style, there's meant to be a war going on isn't there?

I understand it's optional and stuff but it just feels so out of place.

I don't know, it's going in a different direction sure, but it just looks like Fire Emblem is trying to slowly morph into a JRPG. I think we're moving towards Persona and away from tactics.

Definitely more negatives from this Direct than positives.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#62 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

except for Luna being a Severa look a like. Also Marth and Ike look amazing.

yeah what was with that I actually thought there was like Severa in the game or something for a second O_o

and Marth and Ike's art are great I totally dig it good thing I'm such a nerd and managed to get all the FE amiibo, the only ones that really matter

but yeah I don't like the "otaku pandering" either as you called it. I really hope it's hidden deep in the thing and people don't like make a huge deal of it/post a bajillion pics on the internet of it lol, just because it's like, not what I play FE for and I just don't want to deal with it, if it were in almost any other game I wouldn't buy it lol, only crap like FE and Pokemon get free passes because most of the game is still relatively serious and stuff

it's okay for those who like it I just don't want to have anything to do with it, it'll personally hurt my experience, haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#63 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

There's something too hilarious about getting up your army's morale via rubbing their face for me to pass up on it. I wouldn't do it if I ever played on Nohr though.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#64 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

I haven't kept up with the news in the last month and a bit because I wasn't using my computer much.

I have just found out about 'Phoenix Mode'

Say it ain't so...

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#65 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

Oh my god, I haven't kept up with the news in the last month and a bit because I wasn't using my computer much.

I have just found out about 'Phoenix Mode'

Say it ain't so...

It is and you don't have to use it. It's not a big deal.

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#66 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

You are of course, entirely correct.

I just find it kind of pointless, and I worry that this type of streamlining will become more prevalent as the series progresses, I mean, the weapon uses being removed is another such change.

After the massive success of Awakening, they're trying to please everyone, and that's really hard to do. If anything, games don't need to be easier to be accessible, they need to have a good learning curve instead of an auto-play mode.

As much as I don't like it, I do understand their reasoning so that it can appeal to a wider range of players.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#67 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

Agreed, pretty much. Phoenix Mode also in a way prevents players who are on the crutch of Phoenix Mode to playing Classic difficulty, like the rest of the series. It's a good business model for the series as a whole, but continuing down this path could lead the series in a bad direction.

#68 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

I don't really know how I feel about the My Castle, I'll have to see more about it before I make my final call. The... let's call them cut-scenes, the looking around in 360, were pretty cool though. 

Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#69 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

Wow, this is some pretty heavy pandering here...

I don't even really know what to say about all this right now. With every new bit of information revealed I've been steadily losing hype and hope for this game.

#70 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

I'm gonna withhold all judgment on the my castle thing until I've played it. No point in being worried about something that you haven't experienced yourself. I will say though that I want to like it. Looks like it has potential to be a fantastic distraction from the main game.

#71 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:48 PM

I'm gonna withhold all judgment on the my castle thing until I've played it. No point in being worried about something that you haven't experienced yourself. I will say though that I want to like it. Looks like it has potential to be a fantastic distraction from the main game.

I think it's good to hold final judgment but I personally am of course going to form a temporary, limited opinion on what I see: after all, there would be no point in seeing it etc. if I just left EVERYTHING to the final experience. That being said, yes, I can't say for sure that it is good/bad or that I will like it or not until I play and experience it. But I think being a little worried is fine, just needs to be kept in check as opposed to having a knee-jerk negative reaction (something a lot of people do that's way worse than what you're doing, reserving complete judgment, lol: props to that, because that shows quite a bit of maturity, IMO).

I don't really know how I feel about the My Castle, I'll have to see more about it before I make my final call. The... let's call them cut-scenes, the looking around in 360, were pretty cool though. 

same, I like the 3D view thing, and it'll probably look better on an actual 3DS than what they showed (as 3DS screens/videos tend to not look as good as the real thing, lol)

Agreed, pretty much. Phoenix Mode also in a way prevents players who are on the crutch of Phoenix Mode to playing Classic difficulty, like the rest of the series. It's a good business model for the series as a whole, but continuing down this path could lead the series in a bad direction.

yeah I pretty much agree with the bolded part, I think Phoenix Mode is totally fine but they just need to be careful about retaining the identity of Fire Emblem and not alienating their original audience by including certain things such as a certain My Castle feature that might turn people off and hurt their opinion of/experience with the game. after all, even if something is optional, that doesn't mean it is completely free of criticism etc.; I mean, buying the game as a whole is optional, so by that logic, it can't be criticized, or something.

I really don't think Phoenix Mode hurts at all though because the original feature ("Classic Mode", as it's now called) is still there, it probably wasn't difficult to make, and I totally get that people might actually find it useful (e.g. people who just can't handle turn-based strategy games might appreciate it). I don't think quite feel the same about the other controversial feature though; it's also optional but it strikes me as less necessary, beneficial, helpful, etc. I guess fundamentally they feel like changes that stem from different places and with different purposes and that's the difference in why I find Phoenix Mode fine and not so much the other new feature (which seems to be getting a largely negative reception, btw--hopefully IS gets this message, whether it's from us or Japanese people who feel similarly... though the latter might be asking for a little too much...)

Wow, this is some pretty heavy pandering here...

I don't even really know what to say about all this right now. With every new bit of information revealed I've been steadily losing hype and hope for this game.

yeah

I understand this sentiment, I think there's still hope though and it's probably worth giving it a try. it doesn't seem so far away from Fire Emblem that it's not even worth picking up. perhaps start with the Nohr route (which is supposed to be more hardcore) and if you don't like, trade it in, but if you do, then try out the other stuff. I don't know, up to you

----------------

as far as the newest FE games go in general, I think some people are just having a hard time coming to terms with change though and some people (but not everyone) are honestly only really fans of 1-2 FE games and complain about all the others in which case at least in my mind they need to accept that they aren't really a fan of the series as a whole, they're just a fan of those couple of games, and that they shouldn't be hopeful for the new games in the first place because of course a series has to change and evolve for it to stay afloat and you can't expect the same kinds of games to be made just the way you want it, there are too many different people to please.

I get the loyalty thing but at least for now, IS does seem to be trying to make things like pair-up etc. better (by dividing it into stances), keep the game strategic, bring back the better chapter goals, etc., like, idk how to say it but it doesn't seem devoid of hope where they're totally betraying us. it feels like they just want us to compromise so that we can still get an enjoyable FE experience while they actually get money to be able to keep making FE games because as like, everyone knows, they would have stopped if FE13 didn't sell well, and part of why FE13 was so different was because they wanted to try out a whole bunch of different things (it was their "last chance") as opposed to ending the series on a dry note by just making "yet another FE game" that felt more like a new campaign with a couple new classes/features but the same exact thing otherwise (FE might not seem stale to us longer fans but to a lot of other people it might be, I mean the series hasn't changed nearly as much as some other series have over the years)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#72 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

just going to make a double post to post a small update on some character info if anyone is interested. pretty much a c/p of my tweet just edited a tiny bit:

From @Siliconera, translated info on FEif's characterss (from the official Japanese site): http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/01/fire-emblem-if-introduces-its-protagonist-and-other-neutral-characters/ , http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/01/fire-emblem-if-introduces-its-characters-of-the-white-kingdom/ , http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/01/meet-fire-emblem-ifs-black-kingdom-characters/ 

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#73 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

@blazer I'm certainly not withholding complete judgement. That'd be nearly impossible for me. I just want to wait till I play it to share any real criticisms or stuff I like about it

#74 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:23 PM

@blazer I'm certainly not withholding complete judgement. That'd be nearly impossible for me. I just want to wait till I play it to share any real criticisms or stuff I like about it

ohh okay, I guess I misunderstood from what you said. yeah that's fine then, I think that's the best way to go about it. especially since FE can be such a delicate game and it's really going to come down to how well they executed the systems and fine-tuned them and such.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#75 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

http://serenesforest...it-joins-ranks/

So we got fox spirits now... huh. I wonder if he's like the laguz or the manaketes.

Also SeveraLuna is a thing. Goddamn why is this a thing?

Also seems like Nyx has magical counter best unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#76 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

So we got fox spirits now... huh. I wonder if he's like the laguz or the manaketes

Nothing will ever be as good as the laguz
They can only be terrible impersonations

#77 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:24 PM

So we got fox spirits now... huh. I wonder if he's like the laguz or the manaketes.

Also SeveraLuna is a thing. Goddamn why is this a thing?

Also seems like Nyx has magical counter best unit.

Official husbando dibs on Nishiki. Sorry not sorry.

Kazahana's ability seems okay, but perhaps better suited to a class that sounds tankier than a samurai. Tsubaki's sounds kind of meh. I appreciate that Ed's husbando has a personal skill called Perfectionist, though. Ambush Duty actually sounds pretty good, and well suited for a Peg Knight, if that's what Belka is. Competitive is dicey at best, but I like the sound of it. Nyx's ability is pretty standard stuff, though I appreciate how hard they nerfed Counter, both in her skill and in that of the other guy who had it.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#78 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:17 PM

Belka is a wyvern rider. Looks like she's the bow killer.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#79 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:29 AM

Belka is a wyvern rider. Looks like she's the bow killer.

Even better, then. Between bow users and hand axe/javelin range, she's got a lot of potential to be generally obnoxious in the enemy's direction. I'm calling it now, she's going to be regarded as OP early on unless her strength is complete crap.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#80 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:11 AM

wyvern rider with crap strength? i can't see that happening. on the other hand i'm liking the personal skills even more now that we've gotten a hint at what they can do. just more to look forward to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users