Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.
@  kirant : (26 October 2019 - 09:39 PM) It's strange. I don't think I've ever posted on Serenes...period. I've always been a fan of smaller forums.
@  Ezra : (26 October 2019 - 05:49 AM) I think it's because a lot of newer FE players didn't frequent forums growing up. And those that do probably end up on Serenes.
@  Elwood : (25 October 2019 - 07:30 AM) I would love to revitalize this place I'm just not sure how that would be done. I mean with how main stream FE seems to have become I'm honestly surprised we don't have more members.
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 08:04 PM) tfw u not coming here results in not seeing a PM from last month T_T ok gonna try and check at least every couple weeks now even if there's nothing here, lol...
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 07:54 PM) I come here almost never because I've fallen out of habit and basically just accepted the forums are dead :( it's neat you come here every day tho

Photo

Casey Anthony murder trial

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

If you don't know what's going on, a 25 year old woman named Casey Anthony was accused of murdering her 2 year-old daughter. Some articles on it:
http://huffingtonpos...it=header_form2

Do you think she is innocent or guilty? I think she's guilty, she didn't report her daughter was missing, even after a month, and the grandmother ended up having to have to report that she was missing. Not only that, but witnesses say that they smelled the smell of death in her car.

So what are your thoughts on the case?
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#2 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

I say guilty without a doubt. Ugh, this one makes me sick >.<. How can people do this...?

Also, it's kinda too bad that this case is pretty much being overshadowed by Whitey Bulger (who likely deserves his own thread here XD). I mean, the guy's over 80 years old. He'll probably die before he's even put in jail.

Sucks that he takes precedence before Casey Anthony, but such is the world of reporting.

Edit: WHAT. THE. ****. Apparently this case just came to a close. And that's all I have to say.

http://news.blogs.cn...rial/?hpt=hp_t1
user posted image

#3 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Despite what everyone else thinks, She has been acquitted. Apparently, either the judges were paid off, or they think she is innocent.
The souls of the lost shall be avenged.user posted image

#4 Green

Green

hello world this be luka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Welcome to America, the land where you can get away with murder!

#5 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Pft. Not enough crucial evidence.

She might actually be innocent, who knows.

Also, up to 20 years regardless on other charges, but I doubt there'll be that much, if any.

#6 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

It's bullshit that she was found innocent, one of the jurors decided that she was innocent half way through the case and didn't even pay attention to the prosecution.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#7 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

one of the jurors decided that she was innocent half way through the case and didn't even pay attention to the prosecution

As appropriate as the above statement is, Blood, it takes more than one Juror to decide a verdict of guilty or not guilty. There are 12 members to the jury, and its majority rule, so only 7 have to say not guilty. In this case, I think they said that 9 of the jurors said not guilty(Can't remember where this info came from....It may just be speculation), but needless to say, the majority thought she was innocent, not just one.

#8 raigntk

raigntk

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:video games, reading, sleeping, eating

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Honestly I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of this case. It's not like there arn't cases like this that happen, or ones that are worse than this. I just don't see the point in all the big fuss.
user posted image
Created by Blood Falcon. Thanks for the excellent work!

#9 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

*Shrug* For me, just another glance into the failings of our law system. For others, possibly just a way to escape the reality of life. Watching, reading, or otherwise, people seem to feel better about their own shortcomings when they see something of this magnitude(Though your right, this is basicly just the same as always. Tired mother, dead child/children). And for yet another group, it is a test. A test of their morals, a test of how fkced up our government is, a test on the limitations of law, you name the test, I'm sure someone is taking it.

#10 Ezra

Ezra

ring a bell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

As appropriate as the above statement is, Blood, it takes more than one Juror to decide a verdict of guilty or not guilty. There are 12 members to the jury, and its majority rule, so only 7 have to say not guilty. In this case, I think they said that 9 of the jurors said not guilty(Can't remember where this info came from....It may just be speculation), but needless to say, the majority thought she was innocent, not just one.

All members have to decide on one decision, not majority rules. so all 12 have to say "guilty" or "not guilty"

in other words 11 people can say "guilty" and one can say " not guilty" and if that one is stubborn then they can't do anything for a while, this is known as a hang jury.

#11 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

*Dang, Outsmarted again.* Dangit, Jury duty....Why do I always forget that movie....It explains everything so well!

#12 Kent

Kent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:56 AM

Steal a car and go to jail for 25 years... IN AMERICA!!

But kill your own daughter and you're not guilty. Bah.

#13 Richter

Richter

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Heck, in Texas, you get the death penelty faster for stealing a horse or cow than for killing someone. What kind of crazy world is this(And as for the horse and cow bit, I'm not so sure about how much that is now days, with their uses being less than in the past)

#14 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

Texas is just full of crazy conservative Christian cowboys( not saying all Christians are crazy), so that's probably why.
user posted image

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#15 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

Just read an article about this (would link but I think I lost the source...) and the reason they couldn't convict her was because

[They] couldn't figure out how Kaylee died.

One of the jurors said that. IDK the validity, but eh. I suppose that's a reason...
user posted image

#16 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

^As I said, not enough evidence.

Letting a murderer go so that an innocent isn't wrongly convicted is the question here.

That's if she ever was the murderer, mind. They've got stuff that looked concrete wrong before. More than once.

#17 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

The jurors never asked for any pieces of evidence during their 11 hour decision making.
user posted image

Rujio -- ANYTHING

#18 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Point exactly. No evidence of how the baby died means they needn't bother asking for evidence. If you can't link the suspect, how can you give a guilty verdict.

#19 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

Well, we discussed back an TEB, and I'll share my opinion here too (I'm with bblues, probably taking it further).

The way Casey acted was, without a doubt, sickening. But, you can not convict someone of murder based on behavior. This case is one to be celebrated. ALL the evidence was circumstantial. The prosecution had a horrible case in which all they said was she:
didn't report the incident
she seemed to be celebrating afterwards
There's no evidence linking her to the crime-supposing there was one. One of the back up Jurors said he was actually convinced by one of the witnesses that she was a good mom as well, which sorta weakens the motive arguement (admitably not that much).

This is a great case showing innocent until proven guilty, which is, and always will be, a blessing, not a curse.

QUOTE (Richter @ Jul 6 2011, 10:13 PM)
*Dang, Outsmarted again.* Dangit, Jury duty....Why do I always forget that movie....It explains everything so well!

12 Angry Men? 1957 movie about a jury that nearly convicts a boy of murder in a 11-1 vote, but the one man slowly convinces the others that they should vote not guilty?
vClickv
>click>user posted image<click<
^Click^

Stef's the name and...that's all I got.

#20 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

It's quite an unusual case...we all know who the murderer is by circumstance, but the existing legal systems cannot handle circumstantial evidence well. The fact that the police wrapped up their trial after means the obviously know who it was (hence no need for further investigation), but the said person cannot be charged for the crime.

One thing that gets me though is the way the media outlets handled the case. They treated it as if she had DNA all over the dead body and on a knife with the child's blood on it...many of your American networks in specific seemed to treat it not as a guilty/innocent trial, but by how long Anthony was going to be charged. Is she guilty? Yes. But will our conservative nature (not that it's a bad thing...I'm actually happy this is where it is in this regard) take it? No...we have to accept that we'll get false negatives to minimize the possibility of false positives.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users