Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What are you reading right now?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:03 AM

Read Assassination Classroom 157, 158, and 159.

I stopped giving any fucks about that bitch Okano's situation after she shoved a chair into Nagisa's face.

NOW IT'S KAYANO'S TURN. LAST CHAPTER WAS JUST SET-UP FILLE- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH SHIT KARMA THAT IS ONE HELL OF A SHOT YOU'VE GOT THERE

The punchline ruined the mood though. x:

kayano ;;

Anyway though 158 felt completely unnecessary, especially right after we got 157. But at least it seems to be aiming for a dramatic finisher again.

As for Mizutama Honey Boy...

<////<

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#22 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

Tokyo Ghoul and it is just way too much for me, like every week I have the same general reaction of "oh my gosh I can't take this". it's usually a mix of suspense and sadness at tragedy and maybe some chaos thrown in there. I can't really pin it down.

here were my comments this week

[12:23:55 AM] ballin1337: LOL
[2:03:55 AM] ballin1337: OH MY GOSH TOKYO GHOUL
[2:03:59 AM] ballin1337: FIRST PAGE AND I'M LOSING IT
[2:05:17 AM] ballin1337: SECOND PAGE
[2:05:20 AM] ballin1337: THERE GOES MY SANITY
[2:20:54 AM] ballin1337: oh my gosh too hardcore
[2:20:59 AM] ballin1337: I shouldn't read this manga at nighttime, it's not healthy
[2:21:04 AM] ballin1337: especially with main characters dying
[2:21:10 AM] ballin1337: I can't take it

this is why I try to fill my life with happy things and try to only read the best of the dark and/or sad things, lol. I don't seek dark stuff so much as I seek quality stuff and some of that stuff is dark, but yeah. anyway. I still can hardly believe that ________ died. I just wasn't ready for that at all, mentally. I really wasn't. and now I don't know what to do... I mean, life goes on both in the real world and in the manga world, but still. it's just so cruel. ._.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#23 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

assassination classroom keeps up it's impressive everything. Latest chapter(168) was awesome as usual. Especially the way they ended it. One of the better cliffhangers I've come across in a long time.

also toriko. Been reading that. Loving every moment. It's like hunter x hunter but with food.

#24 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

yup, AC has been great. makes me sad that Snow dropped it like a scrub due to being busy/the downtime where things seemed lighthearted and like they were going to be ok. with AC you still know it's only going to be so dark/serious/etc. but at the same time if you don't let that bother you, you can have a lot of fun and get into the moment where it's like "OH CRAP THIS IS SO LEGIT/EXCITING/SUSPENSEFUL" hahaha

surprised you said Toriko is HxH but with food haha, I probably wouldn't like it due to the food elements because I generally don't like food shows (once they start showing foods I don't like it's just ughh, I can't handle it) but is it really as dark with as crazy fights as HxH? loool

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#25 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:17 AM

crazy fights for sure. Especially in the later chapters. It's more lighthearted than HxH for almost the entire 300 chapters that I've read, but about the last 50 or so have been getting there. Unfortunately the dark plot elements were pretty extremely forced. Like they literally came out of nowhere. On the one hand it was unexpected as hell, but on the other it kinda didn't need to happen. You shouldn't be thinking about food like a pizza though. We're talking an alligator that is like 200 feet long, and an elephant that makes mountains look small. Basically feels like HxH but worth only gourmet hunters. It does get a little bit crazy with describing the characters eating foods though, so that may scare you off still =p

#26 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

[12:23:55 AM] ballin1337: LOL
[2:03:55 AM] ballin1337: OH MY GOSH TOKYO GHOUL
[2:03:59 AM] ballin1337: FIRST PAGE AND I'M LOSING IT
[2:05:17 AM] ballin1337: SECOND PAGE
[2:05:20 AM] ballin1337: THERE GOES MY SANITY
[2:20:54 AM] ballin1337: oh my gosh too hardcore
[2:20:59 AM] ballin1337: I shouldn't read this manga at nighttime, it's not healthy
[2:21:04 AM] ballin1337: especially with main characters dying
[2:21:10 AM] ballin1337: I can't take it

Maybe you should, uh, not read this manga at nighttime. Yes. If you're anything like me, your mind will be going on about it for a while, and won't shut down for sleep. That being said, it sounds tragic. D:

I can't read mangas. Like, I actually have a REALLY difficult time figuring out what's going on. I know to read them backwards from the way English people read, (right to left) but actiony scenes just leave me going "??? What'd he just do?!" Unless the manga specifically STATES what they're doing. (There was one manga like that, lol.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#27 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:53 PM

hmm sounds like Toriko isn't my thing after all

Maybe you should, uh, not read this manga at nighttime. Yes. If you're anything like me, your mind will be going on about it for a while, and won't shut down for sleep. That being said, it sounds tragic. D:

I can't read mangas. Like, I actually have a REALLY difficult time figuring out what's going on. I know to read them backwards from the way English people read, (right to left) but actiony scenes just leave me going "??? What'd he just do?!" Unless the manga specifically STATES what they're doing. (There was one manga like that, lol.)

yeah I know it just kinda happens that I check for manga later and/or that's when it comes out >_<' I guess it's a bad habit of sorts but idk if I can fix it haha

ahhh I see, yeah I don't know of anyone else like that but despite that I think I get what you mean, without any animation and without color/tons of details it can be difficult to figure out what exactly is going on--you do have to learn how to fill in holes yourself, recognize stuff in the background, etc., and I guess not everyone can do that. tbh, I'm guessing there are a good # of people who read manga anyway despite that and don't really get the full experience as a result (because they aren't fully comprehending what they see, they're just kind of seeing "THAT LOOKS COOL!" or ""oh ok so in conclusion, X happened" even if they don't get the specifics)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#28 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

Ugh Toriko. so mad about the anime, just quitting right in the middle of everything. And it was an intentional quit, too--not like Detective Academy Q where it was just discontinued. I'd read the manga, but I'm still so freaking mad at the anime. >_<

without any animation and without color/tons of details it can be difficult to figure out what exactly is going on

Yeah, this is a problem I have quite frequently, actually. I always bug my friends to color their sketches because I really can't tell what's what in them, usually. I mean, I can see enough to get by and give 'em critique or whatever, but if you asked me for a specific detail, chances are I'm just going to be like ???

Some manga boldly state what's going on, but the translators don't always....translate that, you know? I knew of one manga, whose name I forgot by now, that would do things like *STARE* etc.

IUfb9Eg.png

#29 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:26 PM

assassination classroom is going right for the feels in the latest chapter. And the ending! I kinda saw it coming from a mile away when they first introduced that character, but holy shit I didn't think he would look that badass. I can't wait for the ending. I don't want it to be over, but seeing everything come together is gonna be great.

#30 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:19 AM

assassination classroom is going right for the feels in the latest chapter. And the ending! I kinda saw it coming from a mile away when they first introduced that character, but holy shit I didn't think he would look that badass. I can't wait for the ending. I don't want it to be over, but seeing everything come together is gonna be great.

ahem

we've had... 1 or 2 new chapters? idk. anyway, latest chapter is ramping things up. not too crazy yet, but it really is the "final boss", haha. and that makes the ending all the more real.

like you, I don't really want it to be over, but I agree that "seeing everything come together is gonna be great", haha. a part of me just wants the fun times to last a bit longer, but alas, they can't. I'll have to have some way of filling in the void besides the anime... too bad the 3DS games don't look that great or I'd consider grabbing those... (that and they're in Japanese, which demotivates me to get them super significantly, even if I can understand a decent bit of it...)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#31 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:17 PM

a friend of mine grabbed them when they came out so I've had the chance to try one. Not worth getting unless maybe you have someone to play with(I'm just going to assume you don't though). It was interesting at first, but quickly became stale. Which is too bad because the basic formula was alright.

#32 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

oh really? wow. didn't expect someone else to have played it, thanks for the info! it's a safe assumption to say I don't haha, I don't know anyone who'd even WANT to play a game like that. And again, kind of a shame that the game is like that but it's an anime-based game, so I more or less expected that. Oh well, what can ya do, haha...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#33 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

Binge reading Oyasumi Punpun. Halfway finished.

Spoiler

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#34 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

so I need to get another person's opinion here: Is assassination classroom over? The latest chapter felt like an ending, but it left enough room for a little "what's happening now" chapter. I sincerely can't tell if that's what is going on here, or if it's just done. Either way fantastic ending. Almost want to go back and reread it all to get everything at once. Might do it next month.

#35 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

so I need to get another person's opinion here: Is assassination classroom over? The latest chapter felt like an ending, but it left enough room for a little "what's happening now" chapter. I sincerely can't tell if that's what is going on here, or if it's just done. Either way fantastic ending. Almost want to go back and reread it all to get everything at once. Might do it next month.

oh, you didn't hear? there should be... 3 more chapters, I think. They announced... I think around a couple weeks ago that there would be 5 more chapters before the end. Definitely needs at least a chapter or two to wrap things up and maybe show the future and all that, after all. It'd be pretty lame to just end it after THAT (which was super sad btw, I totally bawled, my heart couldn't take it ;().

Btw, found a source for the 5 chapters thing: http://www.animenews...chapters/.98814

So, we've still got a little bit of ways to go, but it's sad to know it's ending nonetheless

Also... I'm not reading it YET but I plan to start back up the Oregairu light novel. I'm not too big into reading but I gotta read volume 10 and volume 11 (as much of it that is translated anyway) if I can. Since I kinda don't expect another season of anime I'll probably have to read whatever other volumes are left to figure out the ending too... oh well ._.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#36 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

i didn't hear that, thanks for the heads up! I totally cried a little too. right in front of my family XD i don't think any of them noticed since there were no awkward questions asked, but all the same. looked up oregairu since i wasn't sure what it was. gotta ask is it good? the name didn't sound like much.

#37 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

i didn't hear that, thanks for the heads up! I totally cried a little too. right in front of my family XD i don't think any of them noticed since there were no awkward questions asked, but all the same. looked up oregairu since i wasn't sure what it was. gotta ask is it good? the name didn't sound like much.

haha, I tend to either be like "ugh that's so cheesy/lame how could anyone cry to that" (see: Fates' characters deaths) or super sentimental, I tear up and cry very easily, especially at anything like major character deaths, bonds being torn apart somehow, or bonds coming back together in dramatic fashion, etc. lol

so I just baaaaaawled at AC, also teared up the most recent chapter though thankfully it wasn't as detrimental to my mental health lol

I kinda know that feel with the crying, sometimes I've just had a good cry and then someone is around and it's like... my eyes are a little red and there's maybe a tear still underneath my eye but no one notices or just doesn't say anything lol

also Oregairu is one of my all-time favorite anime, it was so good that I even read some of the light novel even though I don't really enjoy traditional reading, lol... I can't explain why I like it quickly but I'll say that it's a parody of the rom-com genre that is actually built around very good character development and execution. It's EXTREMELY "feels-heavy" and much, much more enjoyable if you can relate to any of the characters, especially the main character. It's kind of one of those "journey of maturing through adolescence" things and yes, it takes place in a high school and has cute girls, but the attention to detail (especially in season 2) with regards to character interactions, expressions, etc. is fantastic and touching, and it's also hilarious IMO.

But while it's one of the best shows of its type it's still a niche show so I probably wouldn't suggest it to anyone who isn't really into those kinds of shows. It's not a show to be watched for the action, waifu bullshit, fan service, epic story, or even comedy (though there's plenty of it), it's really all about how character relationships, how people grow and interact with each other, what society demands of people and how it influences how people act, etc., and it's influenced me a lot.

I could go on and on so I better shut up now lol, it's on Crunchyroll though if you wanna try it. As a note, after a successful 1st season the 2nd season got WAY better animation so... yeah, that's a thing. 1st season is still good, but the 2nd season kinda puts the animation to shame, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#38 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:06 AM

Finished Assassination Classroom. Too tired to give an overall opinion or anything right now, but the important thing is, even though Nagisa has cut his hair, he is still as tiny as ever(and his hair isn't THAT short), so all's well that ends well. It kind of pisses me off how Kayano doesn't look like she's interested in putting that much effort into their relationship but I guess they both have busy work lives to deal with...

I also think it's utter BS how they returned so much of the reward money, but oh well.

#39 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

if I had been them I'd have taken all the money tbh. Mostly because I'm a greedy bastard that knows life is easy when you're loaded, but also because they kinda earned it. Hell they made government agents look like a joke on command, removed a corrupt official turned terrorist from society, and on top of that managed to learn a touching lesson about living up to your own best self... Or something.

#40 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

Don't tell Blazer but I finally started One Piece again, this time I will make it past the time skip!

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users