Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Hataraku Maou-sama!/Overlord at Work!/Whatever

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

An anime that finished airing in 2013, I watched it and it was pretty good IMO.

It has a lot of different things going for it, comedy, action, slice of life... even fanservice (but not really, or at least I didn't give one shit about it/it wasn't as stupidly annoying as some shows), and uh

I just finished watching it, it's a short watch--only 13 episodes--but overall I think it's got a nice cast and though the story and such are nothing super special and overall it's nothing great to brag about, it's executed very, very well.

That alone accounts for a lot since I think a lot of shows have decent ideas but just don't work out or aren't done well or whatever

It's not hugely ambitious but yeah

basic premise (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
An overlord/dark lord/generic evil mastermind whatever travels from a foreign world called Ente Isla to Earth and unable to use his magic powers, he and his subordinate are forced to live (mostly) normal lives as humans, which involves the dark lord working at MgDonalds (har har--actually I found this pretty funny and the first few episodes had me laughing like a fool) as a part-time and his subordinate does all the house work and stuff and well... it's pretty funny and subverts certain tropes and other things

and there's conflict with a hero from said continent who chases the dark lord there but yeah it's just... kinda silly but I suggest giving it a try or I wouldn't be making this topic XD

Point of this topic is mainly just to suggest it to anyone who's bored real quick and wants a light-hearted yet interesting and well-done (again, IMO) anime. Don't expect anything super deep or dramatic but there's some good fight scenes and good comedy and I'd actually rate it quite, quite high despite not being anything super special. biggrin.gif

Hopefully the second season comes soon since the show supposedly sold well and it's likely there is one (though it's not officially confirmed AFAIK).

Oh and if you've already watched it feel free to discuss it with me...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

I was disappointed by how quickly they spoke fluent, native accent Japanese.

Not counting monologues that were in perfect Japanese when they were still trying to learn even its basics, since that's obviously just a translation for the viewers instead of it being what they're literally thinking with. I thought some of the funniest things happened when they were in culture shock mode + speaking whatever they did in Ente Isla.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#3 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

I've only seen the first 4 episodes, but from what I've seen it was very enjoyable.

Loved the culture shock moments, the moment where the assistant looks up in panic, only for it to transpire that it was just the rice boiling over too quickly that was the problem had me in stitches for ages I'm simple

Need to finish it.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Finish eeeeet^

I was disappointed by how quickly they spoke fluent, native accent Japanese.

Not counting monologues that were in perfect Japanese when they were still trying to learn even its basics, since that's obviously just a translation for the viewers instead of it being what they're literally thinking with. I thought some of the funniest things happened when they were in culture shock mode + speaking whatever they did in Ente Isla.

Haha I suppose, I think they did a good job of not overdoing the joke and burning out all of its potential but yeah they definitely could've thrown in a few more weird jokes. I do agree it seemed like they learned it too fast but I suppose you could say it's because they're demons and are smarter than humans or something XD

The culture shock moments were definitely what made some of the earlier episodes as funny as they were, the show wasn't quite as humorous later on though I still found it enjoyable haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users