Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Awakening Artbook in English

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

That's right, what I think is an English version of the "Knights of Iris" artbook is coming out in English (and at what should be a much more reasonable price than importing it).

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616559381 

See https://twitter.com/...766977775333376for a tweet with other retailers (sorry I'm kinda lazy)

My suggestion is that if you're interested, pre-order it now. You don't have to pay for it until it comes out, so you have time, but at least that way you've reserved yours.

Personally as an FE fan/collector even though I'm not a big fan of Awakening I will still be picking this up. If it were an FE6-FE9 book I'd pick it up without hesitation, but for this... well, hey, the artist is still good. And it's Fire Emblem. And it's in English and I don't have the original, so why not? =P

Any of ya'll going to pick it up? :o

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

One of these days it will get to a point where I absolutely cannot do anything without an amazon account, and THEN I will finally get one...and a pay pal to go with it.

Wait...B&N? *checks* Hm...40 dollars... Ehhh. I'm kind of like you, Blazer. If it had been FE6-9, I would have jumped on it instantly. IMO those games had the prettiest art. Awakening's artist just...doesn't appeal to me in the way the former ones did. Both the in-game art and the OA.

It's nice that we're finally getting it, but I bet all those people who imported the Jap one are feeling veeeeeeery upset right now.

IUfb9Eg.png

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:58 AM

Haha, you really don't have one? I guess that's just a difference in lifestyles though. For me, I use Amazon quite a bit to order all sorts of things when I need it (games, books, tools, creams, shaving heads, other stuff, lol), so I even have Amazon Prime and FEEL like I use it enough for it to be worth it.

Yeah I gotcha. I still think the artist is good, but it lacks some of that charm/appeal the older ones had, for me.

and yeah, I got multiple people on my Twitter saying things that essentially boiled down to being upset about just buying it/spending a lot of money on it, haha. It's a shame partially because it took so long but eh, I mean, for something that isn't coming out until like... August, I think, they did give a fair notice to people. So hopefully at least some section of people will forgo the Japanese version now that there's an English version. For everyone else, I guess they either have to live with it/be happy they got it earlier than some people, or spend more money getting the English version or something, lol.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

Haha, you really don't have one? I guess that's just a difference in lifestyles though. For me, I use Amazon quite a bit to order all sorts of things when I need it (games, books, tools, creams, shaving heads, other stuff, lol), so I even have Amazon Prime and FEEL like I use it enough for it to be worth it.

Well, to be honest, my mom handled all the online store accounts like ebay and amazon. She handled the paypal too. She passed away last year, taking all her accounts with her. I just haven't set up any accounts, and I'm a bit wary of setting up paypal so that it directly accesses my bank account. I heard it's safer to just open a new bank account just for paypal, but... Too much effort required for that.

Yeah I gotcha. I still think the artist is good, but it lacks some of that charm/appeal the older ones had, for me.

Definitely. It really said something when I was scrolling through the DLC characters for FEA and singled out Leif because he was drawn by the same artist that did Sacred Stones, lol.

When I actually look at what the book has, I guess that 40$ price tag isn't as bad as I first thought.

This will be a 320 page book, filled to the brim with artwork related to character design, weapon design, storyboards, event illustrations and the game’s complete script for all possible dialogue and scenes.

That's actually quite a decent amount of content. Still not enough to make me want to buy it, though--that's almost the price of an actual game.

IUfb9Eg.png

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

ahh, I see... I'm very sorry to hear that. I personally just use one bank account for everything, but I can see why it could be troublesome, so I don't blame you.

ahahaha, yeah that does say something I think. but yeah it's not a terrible deal at all, assuming most of the art is quality and whatnot. I think I really only value it at around $20, but I work enough jobs that I'm willing to put out a bit extra for FE-related stuff, haha.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

I think I really only value it at around $20,

That's what I value most books at. To pay much more than that feels like I'm being cheated. lol

IUfb9Eg.png

#7 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

I already have the original Japanese release, but I guess I can pick this up too.

My only gripe is that an English release should have happened sooner, but eh,...

#8 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

I dunno about you, but I only paid 24 bucks for i--Wait, I used a gift card.

I only paid -1 dollars for it! I don't see it on Amazon priced for $40 at the moment!

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

That's what I value most books at. To pay much more than that feels like I'm being cheated. lol

mhm, I feel ya

though like Lucia said:

I dunno about you, but I only paid 24 bucks for i--Wait, I used a gift card.

I only paid -1 dollars for it! I don't see it on Amazon priced for $40 at the moment!

it's actually gone on sale! it was $40 but for whatever reason pre-orders went to $24 on Amazon

I already have the original Japanese release, but I guess I can pick this up too.

My only gripe is that an English release should have happened sooner, but eh,...

ooh, way to support heh

yeah it sure did take a while, I have to wonder if they had wanted to do this for a while and it just didn't pan out, or if they just took super long to get an English version started and stuff, lol

. but hey, if you're not that interested, then that's that, haha

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:37 PM

yeah it sure did take a while, I have to wonder if they had wanted to do this for a while and it just didn't pan out, or if they just took super long to get an English version started and stuff, lol

Considering this supposedly has the entire game's script for EVERY variation of EVERY cutscene, I am inclined to believe they just didn't feel like dealing with that aspect of it. Maybe.

Then again, the entire game's script is readily available in English. It's not like they would have to translate all the text in the book.

IUfb9Eg.png

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:07 AM

ohhh really? didn't know that. but hmm. I see. yeah, maybe it just took a ton of time to work with Nintendo and prepare it, and perhaps persuade them to do it in the first place (e.g. show evidence that there's a market for it and people will buy it and the like)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:45 PM

ohhh really? didn't know that. but hmm. I see. yeah, maybe it just took a ton of time to work with Nintendo and prepare it, and perhaps persuade them to do it in the first place (e.g. show evidence that there's a market for it and people will buy it and the like)

According to serenes, anyway:

This will be a 320 page book, filled to the brim with artwork related to character design, weapon design, storyboards, event illustrations and the game’s complete script for all possible dialogue and scenes.

You  make a point. Having to work with the dudes who wrote the script might be a problem. Unless they wanted to do it the fan way and manually play the game like a million times or so. lol (since I think the text in the final chapter, when you let Chrom defeat Grima, changes with every possible husband/wife choice.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:16 AM

According to serenes, anyway:

You  make a point. Having to work with the dudes who wrote the script might be a problem. Unless they wanted to do it the fan way and manually play the game like a million times or so. lol (since I think the text in the final chapter, when you let Chrom defeat Grima, changes with every possible husband/wife choice.)

*gulp*

yeahh that sounds a bit much haha

I couldn't even finish my hard mode playthrough lol (I think it's my 4th... one day)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users