Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Zombies, Mecha, and Pokemon, oh my!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Pick a setting for my second project to be in (see post for more details) (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick a setting for my second project to be in (see post for more details)

1. Zombie Apocalypse (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Mecha (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Pokemon (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

So, yeah. I felt like working on a second writing project. Why? Multiple reasons. Mostly because having many projects on the go are my specialty in any field...just so I can switch over when I get bored (I continually work on an FE hack, an Advance Wars hack, and casually starting up Pokemon hacking).

The source material for my X-COM story is kind of dead in the water for quite a while - the hack i was using will take months to update for the latest patch and I needed something else to do.

I've limited my thoughts down to three options, on the basis of using tabletop RPGs as a basis for determining battles...my stories tend to rack up large body counts by the end, each explained in a bit of detail below.

Bear in mind that, and my love of randomly colourful hair tend to never be questionable. And I kill lots of people quickly and brutally. That's pretty much a guarantee. I said it before, but it feels like I should say it twice given my penchant for being a serial killer writer.

Click for Zombies...I mean braaaaaains (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Basically, this would be your basic dark zombie world. Very much like what you see in most zombie films/books at the moment. Given the bright hair colour, you could imagine it like High School of the Dead with zero fanservice and all the ugly morality or an anime story version of The Walking Dead with less "trying to settle".

I do actually have a quasi-scientific explanation for zombies, but that's all an aside. The rules play a bit differently than traditional zombies...but I'll explain it at the beginning.

And, hey, guilt free violence against humanoid things!

I'd run this using the old All Flesh Must Be Eaten rules. It's an awesome tabletop game by the way.

Click for Giant Robots (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
To all anime fans: this would be more Gundam than it would be Gurren Lagann and would likely closely resemble a human survival story closer to Attack On Titan than an actual war.

Story would actually be similar to each of the below with humanity on the ropes, monsters being the beat sticks, and people using giant robots to fight back.

On the mecha real-ness scale, think of it somewhere more real robot-y than Neon Genesis Evangelion (in that they would be somewhat more populous in mecha and less personalized), and probably close to Fafner: Dead Aggressor but with not to many enemies. Though I'm pretty sure Fafner is basically jibberish to most of you, so that just means that the human soldiers are really squishy and the monsters that threaten them are giants that basically scratch their ears and kill mechs in the process.

Maybe just think of it like anime Pacific Rim with faster mecha/monsters.

I'd use either Mekton Zero (if it comes out by the time I want to start) or Cthulhutech to run this. If you know what Cthulhutech is, you probably know how dark I can make things (for those who don't: there's a designated story event called "That's It, We're Totally Effed" and recommends having a major supporting NPC or two kill themselves right then and there).

Though, really, if Mekton Zero isn't done by the time I plan to start, I wonder what the heck my kickstarter donation was for.

Click to Catch 'em All (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
Mostly an option because I love Pokemon Tabletop RPG and never had a good reason to use it. It'd be ambitious (because I'd make personalities for each and every pokemon owned by the main characters), but it'd be an interesting project.

The story would revolve around a couple characters and their pokemon RPG-esc trotting through the story. Except much a much more evil enemy than Team Rocket.

On the other hand, this would also be likely to be a parody as well, given the number of insane plot points in Pokmeon.

This one would likely not contain death all that much (Pokemon and this RPG really isn't built to handle death and all that), but it would be pretty brutal. I won't spoil any plans I had in mind, but it would easily be darker than any of the games.

Not many people read the other project I'm doing, so I'd be coming in with low vote count, but who knows. tongue.gif

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users