Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Wayfarer Trilogy

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:I doubt you really care that much...

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

I'm gonna say most people don't know who these guys are since their from a book by an Australian author. Although I think I've heard that her books have been imported into the U.S.

Regardless, these are the Axewielders: a military group who is in service to the Seneschal, the dominate religion of the era.
user posted image

To the top left is Axis, leader of the Axewielders, known as the Battleaxe. I'm either going to use the top sprite there or a hero for his class. Going across from him is Belial, his 2nd-in-command. I'm probably going to make a custom class for him, but in the meantime, he will just be a calvelier or the paladdin seen there. Going down from Axis is another mug of Belial(I don't know which one I'm going to keep). And across from him is Timozel, a boy who in the beginning is an ally, but due to his personal dislike of Axis, is driven to be an enemy. His sprite is the calvelier in green. The calvelier with a red spot will be Arne, but I haven't finished his mug.

#2 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I think they look sweet. Keep up the good work.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hey look an interesting topic title.

The sprites have tons of problems with them. I'll go over a few.

The colors aren't good. If you are using MS Paint, don't use default MS paint colors. Get other portraits (www.feplanet.net) and use the eyedropper to get colors from them or make your own colors that aren't so bold/bright and such, using Colors->Edit Colors in MS Paint. If it's another program you can do the eye dropper thing and there should be some option somewhere to edit colors (double-clicking on colors usually works).

The top of the 2nd portrait (top-right) is cut-off and some of the other portraits look a little shabby with the outline and such. A good recolor using better colors would definitely help.

The 2nd battle sprite is shrunk down, sorry but that doesn't look too good.

The first one is OK but once again the colors (which apparently you like white/grey/black xD).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

Thank you for the honesty. I appreciate good criticism.

Their colors are black grey and white so theres where i have to protest. It's the basic of their uniform. However you are right. I could just find some other shades of them. As for the 2nd mug, I actually didn't see that thank you.

And for the 2nd sprite I'm going to change it anyways.

Thank you for your criticism.

here's what Axis ACTUALLY looks like.
user posted image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

btw the image is gone now... xD

So which of those portraits was supposed to be Axis, the one Pent-like one? Good luck making your sprites and keep on posting them so we can try and help you, there are a few decent spriters here xP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

Ok I've fixed them, but I haven't really found another pallette for them yet.

Yeah the pent-like one.

#7 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hm...well, you use the same mug body for two of them, and that's a no-no.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#8 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

I was trying to go with the fact that they wear a uniform but i guess you're right.

#9 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Is he? I really don't see why using the same body is a "no-no"

If it's within a limit of 2~3 characters and it's uniform I think using the same body is perfectly acceptable. After all it'd be unusual if each solider had their armour custom styled.

I think they're pretty good, though Blazers comment on the eyedropper sounds true, there really isn't too much black in FE characters. (If I can't find any I usually use the same colour just 15~20 darker/lighter. But where the eyedrop can be used by all means use it.

I'd change Timozel's mugs shirt colour (The fluro greeny one) with a darker shade of green.

#10 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

Thank you for your comment. I actually had been experimenting with finding pallettes with my last sprites. Although I've had some "strange" new about one of them, it is 100% completely understandable.

And I think I'm probably gonna keep the black, white and grey unform, but any other color, will be changed.

#11 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Aya-Tsuki @ March 05, 2009 05:34 am)
Is he? I really don't see why using the same body is a "no-no"

If it's within a limit of 2~3 characters and it's uniform I think using the same body is perfectly acceptable. After all it'd be unusual if each solider had their armour custom styled.

I think they're pretty good, though Blazers comment on the eyedropper sounds true, there really isn't too much black in FE characters. (If I can't find any I usually use the same colour just 15~20 darker/lighter. But where the eyedrop can be used by all means use it.

I'd change Timozel's mugs shirt colour (The fluro greeny one) with a darker shade of green.

I'm just saying, that most proffessional soldier(FE style-thinking here) don't all have the same type of armor, no matter how similar they look.

Examples...;

FE6

user posted image

user posted image

FE7

user posted image

user posted image

FE8

user posted image

user posted image

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#12 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

If you look close enough at the armor, they all are really the same thing it seems, but just from a different angle or position. For instance Kent and Sain. They look differently because of their stances and positions, but their armor is basically the same.

I'll look into to it though, and reply back when I have my final answer on it.

As for the coloring, I have to say, they are all going to still have the same color pallette as far as armor goes. The unfirom is exactly the same for all the axewielders and even if I change the armor or uniform itself, I have to keep the traditional form of them by at least keeping their colors.

EDIT: Okay so this is Yr and Faraday
user posted image]

Faraday is the dutchess of Skarabost, and engaged to the pompus-ass Borneheld, who pretty much rules the entire land. The problem is that she loves Borneheld's half-brother Axis (yes from the first post) wich = big problem.
Yr (who actually is a cat for most of the beginning of the book) is one of the Sentinels, who possess special mystical powers. She has the ability to revert into a cat and used that guise to roam the lands freely.

I really couldn't think of a class for either of them, and I don't want to make Yr laguz so she could have a cat class, cause that would kinda limit her.

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

Verbal warning; you just posted 3 posts right next to each other all in the same day without good reason. It's against the rules to double post so frequently/when unnecessary. Next time just edit your post or only make one extra post instead of 2 (I allow some double posts if the time between the original and the 2nd isn't a short time and if the topic is a gallery/hack topic or any topic that is "updated" by a person). Read the rules if you need to. tongue.gif

Well, now that that's done, I'ma sorta merge your posts. I'll comment on your sprites later, perhaps.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Okay, this is how I'm going to organize this topic. I will post Dukes, kings, other soldiers, etc. here in this post, any more Axewielders in the one with Axis, and other characters in the post with Faraday and Yr. So, now that that's cleared up;

user posted image
This is Margariz, one of the reigning Dukes of the era. He begins as an enemy, working for Borneheld, but later betrays him, to serve Axis. Later on, he actually ends up getting married to Axis's long-lost mother.

user posted image
This is Gauntier, Borneheld's loyal vassal. There really isn't that much info about him, except about his undying loyalty to Bornelheld, and his great dislike for the Forbidden (In the storyline, they will be changed to Laguz).
He's a paladdin, but I'll come back and do his sprite

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

The first guy has that weird greyish color in his hair that is weird and it's like there is a dent in his cheek (left side), fix that area.

The 2nd one, the purplish color in the armor doesn't look good (make it darker), the left side of his hair is weird, and the eyes look shrunk as well as the face as a whole... :\

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

For the first guy, he's supposead to have a silver streak through his hair but I had no idea how to do it.

#17 Destran

Destran

~Winged Saint~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Guess...

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:00 AM

By any chance did you steal parts of sprites from other people?
You've already done so for your main mug, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was more.
user posted image
You jelly bro?

#18 Ziose0

Ziose0

The Wanderer

• Banned
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

No I have not.

Everything else here is 100% custom.

#19 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Ziose0 @ March 02, 2009 04:16 pm)
user posted image.

That axe cavalier sprite is stolen. Proof:
http://i52.photobuck...s/axeknight.gif

look a bit familiar?
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

ohmy.gif

Ziose updated the first image and I didn't realize he did, otherwise I would have SO noticed Swordsalmon's Axe Knight sheet... However, to be sure, I took a closer look, and there ARE significant differences besides a horrible palette. I will call "A1" Swordsalmon's version made for FE4 Advance and A2 will be Ziose's version.

A1 grabs it at the end of the handle, A2 grabs it mid-way. The top of the axe in A1 is a different shape than A2. The palette is so... bad that it's hard to tell but there are minor differences, and so these make it possible that he either edited SS's version or he actually did it himself.

Alright Ziose, I'm giving you your final warning. Do not steal other people's work or you will definitely get suspended. I can't assure anything at this moment but it seems likely that you have been finding things and editing them. One more supposed offense and I will have to suspend you which I don't want to do. It's just a matter of respecting people's work. :\

EDIT: Locking topic, see the other topic Ziose made ("Custom Sprites") for why.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users