Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM) naw, it's when the bots make collaborated efforts to crawl places, lol
@  kirant : (23 December 2019 - 05:20 AM) What do we do on Index Day? Give each other bots?
@  Fire Blazer : (16 December 2019 - 01:39 AM) LOL
@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.
@  kirant : (26 October 2019 - 09:39 PM) It's strange. I don't think I've ever posted on Serenes...period. I've always been a fan of smaller forums.
@  Ezra : (26 October 2019 - 05:49 AM) I think it's because a lot of newer FE players didn't frequent forums growing up. And those that do probably end up on Serenes.

Photo

My Sprites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Not bad, mind if I take a crack at fixing up one of the slashing frames later just to help show what I think I mentioned earlier (with it not being shaded well)?

Also, on the animation, perhaps hold the pose after he's done slashing for a few frames longer just to signify that that's when his attack ends (and in an FE game, that's when he'd sit there waiting for HP to deplete, haha). It's a little hard to tell at first that he's quickly unsheathing his sword and swinging it, only to sheath it again right after and step back. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hey... It has been awhile since my school has been busy but I still worked on it slowly. Finished the normal and critical magic sword animation. Still needed to be worked but I think it will be edited on the later. Oh if you notice there is no return animation for the magic sword animation, well let us say that my time is pretty limited so I think I will make it next time if I have the time.
user posted image

And I renewed the GIF for the normal hit.
user posted image

#23 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Remaking Nesier's Portrait:

Lineart
user posted image

#24 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Well... well this took a while. But nonetheless it is finally done.

user posted image

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Dodge, magic, magic critical? That's what it looks like.

Sword slash shading could use some work (reference existing sword slashes is my suggestion!) but otherwise it looks great. There's some really solid animation there.

I can also tell you centered it based off of his left foot (our POV) when animating as it hardly moves but I suppose that isn't a huge problem in itself. Just feels a little awkward for some reason haha

The attack animation a couple posts above also looks solid but the same issue with the sword slashing is there; it's a bit pillow-shaded, sword slashes in Fire Emblem (and in general to some extent) really only use one main color with only like, a thin edge of another color usually. I'm not great at it myself but it could really use some work--right now you're just creating this sort of "layering" of the colors used to "shade" it and it looks weird and isn't proper (especially if you actually think about how in real life you might shade a slashing object).

As for the lineart, the eyes look a little TOO anime-ish, but otherwise it's just lineart so I can't say too much lol (I'm also not great at portraits... or sprites in general haha)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

Its pretty good. But I think I think it would look smoother if you cut out some motion blur frames and replaced them with frames with the sword slowly being sheathed/unsheathed but thats just me. Also when he lifts his head up I think he should still have eyes.

good job though you should keep animating

#27 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

@Fire Blazer: To the animation: I think the slashing frame... I think it is fine for me on my perspective.

Portrait: Yeah.... totally!

@GhastStation: He still have the eyes.

#28 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

actually blazer is right in the slashing frames. you should at least try. Also, he doesn't have eyes and his head looks like a thumb when he lifts it. I think the neck has to be defined/ trimmed a bit more? Lastly im noticing the unnecessary first sword blur. And to be honest blurs are only necessary if the char is moving really fast. This is a a slow animation so imo it'd look better if you only kept the sheathing frame at the end.

edit: more lastly, his legs/ his robe thing keeps switching places towards the later part of the animation.He's not moving his legs enough for the robe to switch like that. its like fidgity. these are easy tweaks that your capable of

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

You want me to show you what I mean? Would that help? Or are you not interested? If you're not interested, that's up to you and I won't bother--it's not my place to force critique on you and I won't think any less of you for it, haha. But if you want me to, I could try to show you a little better what I mean about the slashing frames and why it's not shaded properly like it should be for Fire Emblem. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

GhastStation: It ain't the final product yet GhastStation. The animation will be more faster on the end so this one is just to show the example. I only slowed it down so you could notice the dodge animation and yeah it is kinda awkward to see his clothpiece moving without the legs coming out.

Fire Blazer: Show the example then Blazer... smile.gif

#31 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

I see I see. Well did you notice that you're missing you're palette on the top right corner? you won't be able to put the anim in the game without it :X

#32 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Oh the palettes... that won't be necessary since I can insert it without allocating and arranging the palettes at the top right.

I don't know how it does it but it comes naturally... laugh.gif

Note: I won't be posting in this topic for a while since all of the sprites I made was deleted by my foolish and ignorant little sister.

#33 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

deleted? they are all here couldnt you just copy paste them and work in em

#34 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yes I know... but I can only move forward on my Ebilen class while the others well, are gone to drown. Sadly some of them have animations I've been working on slowly.

Note: Some of my works are not uploaded.

Extra Note: Since all of my works are deleted... Well, I think this may be a great chance to improve and create a much better one than the other sprites I made before. Look forward and I may upload a new one once I am graduated from this school year since it is more busy on final exams and not to mention our Graduations song practice will make March a more busy one and the one I am particularly nervous is the signing of our clearance... Ooohh no! Our CAT ( Citizenship Advancement Training ) is also bugging us which piles more work combined with the other subjects. Just look forward and sorry for not being active for a while.

#35 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Sorry to hear that... back-ups man, they're great haha. Try Dropbox or a Flash Drive to start. Such a good investment. I think I was saved because I kept a patch of the old TLP in my Dropbox so when my harddrive got wiped, I did lose everything else (and it was freaking awful) but I at least had that haha.

But yeah, good luck on the futuer animations, seems like you're trying to make the best of the situation...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users