Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

My Sprites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Not bad, mind if I take a crack at fixing up one of the slashing frames later just to help show what I think I mentioned earlier (with it not being shaded well)?

Also, on the animation, perhaps hold the pose after he's done slashing for a few frames longer just to signify that that's when his attack ends (and in an FE game, that's when he'd sit there waiting for HP to deplete, haha). It's a little hard to tell at first that he's quickly unsheathing his sword and swinging it, only to sheath it again right after and step back. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

Hey... It has been awhile since my school has been busy but I still worked on it slowly. Finished the normal and critical magic sword animation. Still needed to be worked but I think it will be edited on the later. Oh if you notice there is no return animation for the magic sword animation, well let us say that my time is pretty limited so I think I will make it next time if I have the time.
user posted image

And I renewed the GIF for the normal hit.
user posted image

#23 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Drawing, Video Games ( mostly themed to anime ), Monologues, Story Writing, Originalism

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Remaking Nesier's Portrait:

Lineart
user posted image

#24 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Well... well this took a while. But nonetheless it is finally done.

user posted image

#25 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Dodge, magic, magic critical? That's what it looks like.

Sword slash shading could use some work (reference existing sword slashes is my suggestion!) but otherwise it looks great. There's some really solid animation there.

I can also tell you centered it based off of his left foot (our POV) when animating as it hardly moves but I suppose that isn't a huge problem in itself. Just feels a little awkward for some reason haha

The attack animation a couple posts above also looks solid but the same issue with the sword slashing is there; it's a bit pillow-shaded, sword slashes in Fire Emblem (and in general to some extent) really only use one main color with only like, a thin edge of another color usually. I'm not great at it myself but it could really use some work--right now you're just creating this sort of "layering" of the colors used to "shade" it and it looks weird and isn't proper (especially if you actually think about how in real life you might shade a slashing object).

As for the lineart, the eyes look a little TOO anime-ish, but otherwise it's just lineart so I can't say too much lol (I'm also not great at portraits... or sprites in general haha)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#26 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:50 AM

Its pretty good. But I think I think it would look smoother if you cut out some motion blur frames and replaced them with frames with the sword slowly being sheathed/unsheathed but thats just me. Also when he lifts his head up I think he should still have eyes.

good job though you should keep animating

#27 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

@Fire Blazer: To the animation: I think the slashing frame... I think it is fine for me on my perspective.

Portrait: Yeah.... totally!

@GhastStation: He still have the eyes.

#28 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

actually blazer is right in the slashing frames. you should at least try. Also, he doesn't have eyes and his head looks like a thumb when he lifts it. I think the neck has to be defined/ trimmed a bit more? Lastly im noticing the unnecessary first sword blur. And to be honest blurs are only necessary if the char is moving really fast. This is a a slow animation so imo it'd look better if you only kept the sheathing frame at the end.

edit: more lastly, his legs/ his robe thing keeps switching places towards the later part of the animation.He's not moving his legs enough for the robe to switch like that. its like fidgity. these are easy tweaks that your capable of

#29 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

You want me to show you what I mean? Would that help? Or are you not interested? If you're not interested, that's up to you and I won't bother--it's not my place to force critique on you and I won't think any less of you for it, haha. But if you want me to, I could try to show you a little better what I mean about the slashing frames and why it's not shaded properly like it should be for Fire Emblem. ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#30 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

GhastStation: It ain't the final product yet GhastStation. The animation will be more faster on the end so this one is just to show the example. I only slowed it down so you could notice the dodge animation and yeah it is kinda awkward to see his clothpiece moving without the legs coming out.

Fire Blazer: Show the example then Blazer... smile.gif

#31 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

I see I see. Well did you notice that you're missing you're palette on the top right corner? you won't be able to put the anim in the game without it :X

#32 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

Oh the palettes... that won't be necessary since I can insert it without allocating and arranging the palettes at the top right.

I don't know how it does it but it comes naturally... laugh.gif

Note: I won't be posting in this topic for a while since all of the sprites I made was deleted by my foolish and ignorant little sister.

#33 GhastStation

GhastStation

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

deleted? they are all here couldnt you just copy paste them and work in em

#34 eckirion

eckirion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yes I know... but I can only move forward on my Ebilen class while the others well, are gone to drown. Sadly some of them have animations I've been working on slowly.

Note: Some of my works are not uploaded.

Extra Note: Since all of my works are deleted... Well, I think this may be a great chance to improve and create a much better one than the other sprites I made before. Look forward and I may upload a new one once I am graduated from this school year since it is more busy on final exams and not to mention our Graduations song practice will make March a more busy one and the one I am particularly nervous is the signing of our clearance... Ooohh no! Our CAT ( Citizenship Advancement Training ) is also bugging us which piles more work combined with the other subjects. Just look forward and sorry for not being active for a while.

#35 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Sorry to hear that... back-ups man, they're great haha. Try Dropbox or a Flash Drive to start. Such a good investment. I think I was saved because I kept a patch of the old TLP in my Dropbox so when my harddrive got wiped, I did lose everything else (and it was freaking awful) but I at least had that haha.

But yeah, good luck on the futuer animations, seems like you're trying to make the best of the situation...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users