Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Do you plan on getting this game?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you plan on getting this game? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you plan on getting this game?

1. Yes, at launch (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes, whenever I have the time and/or money (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

3. Eventually, but not any time soon (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. No (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

See poll.

Personally, yes, since I pre-ordered the Limited Edition. What about y'all? Are you getting the standard version, LE, or nothing at all? And if you're not getting it, why not?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

All the yes for Limited Edition.
It's a remake of my favourite game of the series, and I really don't give a damn what anyone else says about it.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#3 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

Is this about Echoes? I'm planning on getting it, when I have the Money of course... I'm poor as hell.

Add me on Nintendo Network, I play Pokemon Sun Version and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I like to have new friends. :)

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Is this about Echoes? I'm planning on getting it, when I have the Money of course... I'm poor as hell.

yes it's about Echoes

All the yes for Limited Edition.
It's a remake of my favourite game of the series, and I really don't give a damn what anyone else says about it.

someone else likes Gaiden??? *gasps*

based on what you said it's not like you care but IMO it's p. decent for a remake so hopefully you like it, lol. don't want to say too much with you seemingly being a big fan of Gaiden and all so I'll leave you to it, lemme know what you think once you play it (or once you beat it) XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

Am I getting this game, of course I;m getting this game.

They're staying faithful to Gaiden, while still making changes to the game that will make it more than "Gaiden, but better quality" which I would still buy because Gaiden is amazing. 1-5 bows, magic costing HP, WITCHES TELEPORTING TO FUCK YOU OVER IT'S ALL WONDERFUL.

#6 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

someone else likes Gaiden??? *gasps*

based on what you said it's not like you care but IMO it's p. decent for a remake so hopefully you like it, lol. don't want to say too much with you seemingly being a big fan of Gaiden and all so I'll leave you to it, lemme know what you think once you play it (or once you beat it) XP

welp. Yay! I probably will like it (that's an understatement)

...I'm also one of those weirdos who chose Deen in the original. Hopefully there's more incentive to do so this time than just swordfighter bias, haha.

just 8 more daaaays.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Am I getting this game, of course I;m getting this game.

They're staying faithful to Gaiden, while still making changes to the game that will make it more than "Gaiden, but better quality" which I would still buy because Gaiden is amazing. 1-5 bows, magic costing HP, WITCHES TELEPORTING TO FUCK YOU OVER IT'S ALL WONDERFUL.

I think witches are thankfully not that strong in this game (at least, not the teleporting ones), so the random teleportation (I still can't figure out how they decide where to warp to) isn't TERRIBLE, thankfully. (at least imo, won't promise you won't hate it, lol)

welp. Yay! I probably will like it (that's an understatement)

...I'm also one of those weirdos who chose Deen in the original. Hopefully there's more incentive to do so this time than just swordfighter bias, haha.

just 8 more daaaays.

is it really that weird to choose Deen?

I chose Sonia both times I think (i.e. in my recent FE2/Japanese SoV playthroughs), mages are just p. good and also I really didn't want to fight magic-users, slowly tanking the swordfighters seemed like the easier thing to do compared to dealing with the witches or whatever it was, lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

Mages are good, yes. But infinite reclassing due to Dread Fighter > Villager is much more awesome, haha.

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

oh, that's true... I've never done that though, since I don't want to work my units back up again... I've never really liked reclassing, tbh, and the last few FE games just kinda solidified that. I like set classes/promotion paths.

there's a little charm in Dread Fighter -> Villager -> something else because of the novelty compared to other classes that have no such option, but somehow FE11-14 (which IIRC all had reclassing) just kinda ruined reclassing for me :(

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Retyl

Retyl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I plan to get this game eventually but I don't see that happening for a few months. I have other things I want to finish/play first but, well, I've said the same thing in the past and I still ended up buying more games, so my words cannot be trusted. I think I have self-control now but we'll see.

#11 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Of course I am, got that limited edition on lock. Even played the japanese version lol.

The game is great, gaiden made great. Though if you liked a lot of the cheese you might a but disappointed late game. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

I plan to get this game eventually but I don't see that happening for a few months. I have other things I want to finish/play first but, well, I've said the same thing in the past and I still ended up buying more games, so my words cannot be trusted. I think I have self-control now but we'll see.

you think you do but I won't believe it until you prove it =P

Of course I am, got that limited edition on lock. Even played the japanese version lol.

The game is great, gaiden made great. Though if you liked a lot of the cheese you might a but disappointed late game. 

did you beat the Japanese version though? we never did talk about it after a certain point, lol

what do you mean by "cheese"? do you mean like, the "cheesy" strat of farming in the Lost Woods in Gaiden and how that isn't really a thing anymore in Echoes? or using angel rings to get +2 in stats and make characters OP? you were pretty vague so I'm taking kinda wild guesses here and could be totally wrong lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

I am buying the crap out of this game as soon as I have the ability to. My level of hype cannot be measured by any physical scale.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#14 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

Yes, have the regular on pre-order, Limited wasn't worth it for me.

#15 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

did you beat the Japanese version though? we never did talk about it after a certain point, lol

what do you mean by "cheese"? do you mean like, the "cheesy" strat of farming in the Lost Woods in Gaiden and how that isn't really a thing anymore in Echoes? or using angel rings to get +2 in stats and make characters OP? you were pretty vague so I'm taking kinda wild guesses here and could be totally wrong lol

I got up to chapter 5 but decided to wait for the english version before continuing. 

And by cheese I meant stuff like Dear cheesing monster encounter, or Peg Sisters being ridiculous. Pretty much anything you consider cheese has probably been nerfed in some way.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#16 spartango

spartango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Robotics, control theory, etc.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

I might get it eventually. Fates kinda left a boring taste in my mouth in regards to fire emblem games. So I'll probably wait until I see continued hype after it's out or I watch a LP of it. It doesn't help that I'm cheap and really only spend money on my apartment, food, and utilities. I might ask for it for my birthday though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#17 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

I might get it eventually. Fates kinda left a boring taste in my mouth in regards to fire emblem games. So I'll probably wait until I see continued hype after it's out or I watch a LP of it. It doesn't help that I'm cheap and really only spend money on my apartment, food, and utilities. I might ask for it for my birthday though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a remake, so it probably won't be as bad as fates. Maybe. Hopefully.

I voted but will not specify the means of which I am getting the game cuz that's classified. ;)

IUfb9Eg.png

#18 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

damn that's one less person i can stalk.

...You heard nothing!

#19 AnimaBlocco

AnimaBlocco

The Knight in Gold Armor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Many Interests

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

I might consider asking my brother or mother of getting it for me for my birthday. (My birthday is too far into the year... but who fucking cares. :mellow: ) or again... once my happy ass gets a jobs and have the money to do so.  B)

Add me on Nintendo Network, I play Pokemon Sun Version and Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. I like to have new friends. :)

#20 Fujisaki

Fujisaki

Tipping the scales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:video games
    tumblr
    art

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, I do.

1. I need to stop playing Fates

2. I need to stop playing Pokemon/Pokemon ROMS

3. Besides Awakening/Fates, I haven't played any of the older games (I never got far in Sacred Stones or Shadow Dragon. RIP.) 

So this should be interesting. I've seen screenshots of the game on the Fire Emblem Wiki and for what it's worth, it looks pretty damn good. 

“My lady, I may never take my eyes off you again! ...Unless I'm about to run into a wall.”
"Have we chanced upon the forbidden sanctuary of the bikini tribe?!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users