Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Final Fantasy

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#21 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

LOL AT HER! FAIL! But hey, she plays games, so score.

Dissidia FF? Was it a fighting one or something? It sounds familiar, but I don't know.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)
Yeah, that is what we get. Never mess with Kensai. XD

QUOTE (badkiara103)
Who doesn't want to kill a helpless little girl.

The Holy Kensai Fan Club!
Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#22 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 03:18 pm)
Dissidia FF? Was it a fighting one or something? It sounds familiar, but I don't know.

Yeah it was. I was just wondering what it was like, as I'm no fan of fighting games like that.

#23 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

Eh. I remember there was a fighting game for PS1 that had final fantasy character, forget the name, but it sucked. Was only in Japanese I believe. xD So yeah, Dissidia is definitely not worth getting. :/ FF is not meant to be mortal kombat style.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

Holy Kensai Suzaku Seraph Ryoku Mankut8397 Blazer Oblivion Riadansen Caladbolg Pie

#24 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 03:29 pm)
So yeah, Dissidia is definitely not worth getting. :/ FF is not meant to be mortal kombat style.

That's what I thought.

#25 Ryrumeli

Ryrumeli

Hit by a meteor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Location:Inside a giant Mecha, fighting monsters in your city.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

Women who play games = Hot. God bless all female computer nerds/gamers/otakus. happy.gif

And Square-enix with fighting games... Last time they tried, well... Ergheiz. XP And it had as cameos Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth. And that was virtually the only thing it had others didn't. >.< Not many fighting games start with characters with fanbases that big already. wink.gif

Dissidia is just like Radiant Mythology and Madden for me, a nice way to make the ends meet at the end of the month. wink.gif
user posted image
QUOTE (Akaihinata)
No Grey you have gay needs

QUOTE (Holy Kensai)
BECAUSE HE CAN CREATE ALL LIFE AND ALL EXISTANCE, BUT HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY!

#26 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Eh. All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.

I mean. Erm. Yeah, Ryru, that's the game I was talking about. xD Ergheiz. But hey, FF is so messed up lately, it doesn't really matter what they do anymore. Unless they go oldschool again. xD That'd rule.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#27 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Holy Kensai @ August 13, 2009 03:37 pm)
Unless they go oldschool again. xD That'd rule.

Yes it would.

And shut the haters up. Nicely, of course.

#28 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:48 PM

I don't care for this series. At all. Dissidia is actually the only one I've played that's been more fun than watching the same infomercial over and over and over again all day long. All the others are very monotonous and have poor, if any, story.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#29 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

lol You know what I find annoying? When people play the newer FF's and make assumptions about the series. Seriously, the older Final Fantasy's had some of the most amazing stories.

And yes bblues, it would be epic.
QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#30 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ August 13, 2009 03:48 pm)
I don't care for this series. At all. Dissidia is actually the only one I've played that's been more fun than watching the same infomercial over and over and over again all day long. All the others are very monotonous and have poor, if any, story.

I'm sorry, you haven't played on the others, and you criticise them? Try harder to hate on it.

#31 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:19 AM

I've played the older FFs. They were boring. YOU are the ones who shouldn't make assumptions. Although I do admit calling the storylines "poor" wasn't the best wordchoice. More like the story wasn't nearly good enough to save the games.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#32 Holy Kensai

Holy Kensai

Kaiser.

• Veterans
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:45 AM

lol. Edited this. tongue.gif Forgot how you're from the spoiled generation. Just nevermind.

In other less aggressive words, Final Fantasy is simply an amazing series, leavings out 8+.

QUOTE (Ryrumeli)

QUOTE (badkiara103)

#33 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ August 14, 2009 05:19 am)
I've played the older FFs. They were boring. YOU are the ones who shouldn't make assumptions.

I can make assumptions whenever I like, thank you. And you said you don't care for the series, so don't post about it.

And Kensai:
Final Fantasy is simply an amazing series, leavings out 8+

I actually enjoyed FF8, what didn't you like about it?

I'll agree with the rest of the statement you said, as the only main series FF I haven't played is IX. If I can find a copy, I'll buy it. Just because.

#34 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Wow, I actually enjoyed FFX-2. Sort of. I disliked the random generic anime poses, and Brother was annoying, but the storyline was pretty good, and the gameplay wasn't bad....there was lots to do as well...

I also liked Crisis Core, it's my favorite FF Story-wise. Simply a great game.

FF7 is fun too. I'ts pretty cool.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#35 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:53 PM

Wow. Are you guys always this hostile with people who have a different opinion from yourself? You automatically assume that I'm spoiled and make assumptions because I don't like a video game series that you like. You do realize that if you make a topic that invites people to talk about something, there are going to be people who have opinions different to yours, right?
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#36 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ August 15, 2009 12:53 am)
Wow. Are you guys always this hostile with people who have a different opinion from yourself? You automatically assume that I'm spoiled and make assumptions because I don't like a video game series that you like. You do realize that if you make a topic that invites people to talk about something, there are going to be people who have opinions different to yours, right?

I just can't comprehend why someone comes in, says they don't like the game, and the reason given is because it's boring, and no explanation as to why it's boring for them. If you actually contributed by explaining why you found it boring, it'd help.

#37 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:57 PM

I said the gameplay was too monotonous and the story wasn't spectacular, and sometimes basically nonexistant. Besides, I would have been content with my one post if you hadn't replied to it.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#38 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ August 15, 2009 01:57 am)
I said the gameplay was too monotonous and the story wasn't spectacular, and sometimes basically nonexistant. Besides, I would have been content with my one post if you hadn't replied to it.

Lol, monotonous pretty much equals boring. I guess you're talking about random battles. And the story I disagree with, but hey, that's my view. I think it has a lot more story than most games. And it's quite obvious there's no convincing people online.

#39 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:17 AM

It's kind of hard to prove that a game is fun on a forum XD.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#40 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ August 15, 2009 02:17 am)
It's kind of hard to prove that a game is fun on a forum XD.

Lol, it's pretty hard to prove it to someone in real life already xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users