Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fairy Tail Chapter 253

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Oh my god. Anyone who reads Fairy Tail.

Oh crap.

This can't have happened. YOU CAN'T ****ING DO THIS TO ME

I must know what happens. Must... know. I must know. Natsu can't die. He's the hero. HE CAN'T DIE. THIS IS BULLSHIT. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. CURSE YOU AND YOUR PLOT TWISTS MANGA ARTISTS!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

it was indeed unexpected. them all holding hands was cheesy though
///_____WOO! WOO! WOO! YOU KNOW IT!_____\\\

user posted image

user posted image

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:47 PM

Cheesy as ****, but Fairy Tail is cheesy like that. I can't believe that Gajeel did it

I have a feeling they didn't die, they're living somewhere else or got sucked into another dimension... or something... idk, if they died that's just dumb as **** and I hate Fairy Tail, you can't do something so original as to kill off all the main characters in one chapter sleep.gif

We know Fairy Tail is still ALIVE because there ARE more members of Fairy Tail back at home... but we don't know exactly what happened...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Oct 2 2011, 09:47 AM)
Cheesy as ****, but Fairy Tail is cheesy like that. I can't believe that Gajeel did it

I have a feeling they didn't die, they're living somewhere else or got sucked into another dimension... or something... idk, if they died that's just dumb as **** and I hate Fairy Tail, you can't do something so original as to kill off all the main characters in one chapter sleep.gif

We know Fairy Tail is still ALIVE because there ARE more members of Fairy Tail back at home... but we don't know exactly what happened...

of course they didnt die. im also interested in how they didnt die, and how the guild went on without them. who knows, maybe the guild became evil under new management. thats my one complaint about fairy tail, it splits the world up in black and white

user posted image

user posted image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

You mean "evil" and "good"? How the bad guys are actually just crazy bad guys sometimes? XD

If so I think it does a bit though you have to admit... Fairy Tail, despite not being a "dark" guild, is still a pretty violent guild that gets into a lot of trouble... and it has some crazy strong/violent members XD

I really want to know what happened though... if there really is going to be a big timeskip then... everyone's appearances will change, which is kinda scary.

MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

you got what i ment. the bad guys are just evil for the sake of being evil, besides Makrov's son

user posted image

user posted image

#7 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

People actually like Fairy Tail?

It' just one step above Ao no Exorcist on the absolutely generic scale...

And no, Natsu isn't dead, how would the creator wring money out of a shonen he can make run for 500 chapters+ if the main character is dead??
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, a lot of people like Fairy Tail... And you can consider almost anything "generic" if you try hard enough, so that's not really saying much--ultimately it's undeniably unique even if it bears similarities to other things... this applies to almost every manga/anime...

Anyway I know Natsu isn't dead but he did a good job of cliffhanging me to death cuz I wanna know how he's still alive.

And if he doesn't tell next week, I am going to rage even more >_>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Oct 3 2011, 12:16 PM)
Yeah, a lot of people like Fairy Tail... And you can consider almost anything "generic" if you try hard enough, so that's not really saying much--ultimately it's undeniably unique even if it bears similarities to other things... this applies to almost every manga/anime...

Anyway I know Natsu isn't dead but he did a good job of cliffhanging me to death cuz I wanna know how he's still alive.

And if he doesn't tell next week, I am going to rage even more >_>

its EXTREMELY generic.

and i doubt they will say next week. you raging even more makes you want to find out even more, therefore ensuring you come back to read the next chapter. episodic writing 101

user posted image

user posted image

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Indeed

also it's quite ignorant to state opinion's as if though they are fact

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

Blazer, it's not an opinion, everything about Fairy Tail is extremely generic, the characters are all cut-outs, the plot lines as linear as shonen gets...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

I'm not going to argue about definitions. If you want to--and I say this bluntly--act stupid, do it elsewhere, I expect better of you, Seraph, especially someone older than me. Especially when it comes to the simple matter of opinion vs. fact, it takes a lot of arrogance to state opinion as fact.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

Blazer, this isn't an opinion, everything fairy tail has, has been done before countless times in a myriad of other things and in much better ways in those other things.

I'm not saying Fairy Tail is bad, it's just very generic, it's a standard shonen with amazing fights and cardboard cut-out characters, nothing more, nothing less, you'll be swept up on the coattails of it's story and at the end realise how stupid it was, but you won't care because of the fun you had.

The reason it's so popular is because it's easy to get a Shonen published and do well as western audiences have been lapping it up since Dragon Ball started it all and Naruto became huge. Ao no Exorcist is a shonen that came out this year and has become extremely popular except it is one of the most bland and generic things I have ever gazed eyes upon, you can see all the twists and turns coming from 700 miles away, the premise has been done before, the character has been done before, the plot structure of the episodes is stupid (How can you afford to have filler in a 25 episode series, how???)

Yes you can argue that nothing can possibly be original in this day and age but with Fairy Tail it's different, it is generic, the structure is classic shonen, character has a goal, do anything to achieve it, now go out there and create outrageous backstories and have extremely over the top fights that get larger and flashier as you go along.

I am not bashing fairy tail, nor bashing you for liking it, but saying that it's not generic is wrong, it's very generic, doesn't make it bad, but in the back of my mind as I read it I just hear my brain going "Where have I seen this type of character/plot point before...?"

You should also try and expand your range of anime out from just Fairy Tail and One Piece, I suggest Cowboy Bebop, epic condensed into 26 episodes, Shu will back me up on this, or if it's manga you're after, I suggest Rurouni Kenshin or Black Cat, both sonens but their way of going about things is very nice...

And also about this quote, it's completely wrong, there are loads of things that are just rip-offs of others and plenty of things that have nothing unique going for them (Think of every harem anime that isn't Love Hina basically...), Gunparade March is a rip-off of Eva, Sacred Seven is a rip-off of Code Geass except without the hook, that's why so many anime around now have decided to subvert genres and create the definitive anti-genre anime's, Seitokai no Ichizon is the anti-harem, Madoka Magicka is the anti-Magical Girls, Gurren Lagann is the anti-mecha, Nichijou is the anti-slice of life, Toradora is the anti-romance. Sure generic things like Ao no Exorcist and Hidan no Aria become popular because the new people to anime who are picking these up as their FIRST things do not realise that this show has been done before in a much better way and that these shows are actually just trying to make a quick buck before being lost in the obscurity folder of crap anime...

Yes I know I began talking about anime instead of manga, but in genre terms theres no real difference.

tl:dr you say? Well here's the tl:dr version in 10 words:

Fairy Tail generic, not bad thing, not great either but...

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#14 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

the fact that it is generic is why i read it. i wouldnt be able to take a complex manga in weekly 16-18 page increments. it would have to be in bigger chunks (of course it would take longer to write). even thinking of something complex that needs to have a cliffhanger every 16 pages sounds disappointing. with fairy tail i can take 5 min a week to read it and im done

user posted image

user posted image

#15 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

Once again, nothing wrong with reading Fairy Tail, I own the first book and read it up until ch.158 and then I realised I really don't like his art style, I'm just saying you need to be able to recognize genericness when it's hitting you in the face...

Also having just read chapter 253, I think he's just jumping on the shonen time skip bandwagon that seems to be happening, first One Piece did this year, then Bleach, and now Fairy Tail, the editors at Shonen Jump must all be smoking the same stuff...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#16 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Oct 7 2011, 08:26 PM)
Once again, nothing wrong with reading Fairy Tail, I own the first book and  read it up until ch.158 and then I realised I really don't like his art style, I'm just saying you need to be able to recognize genericness when it's hitting you in the face...

Also having just read chapter 253, I think he's just jumping on the shonen time skip bandwagon that seems to be happening, first One Piece did this year, then Bleach, and now Fairy Tail, the editors at Shonen Jump must all be smoking the same stuff...

name me a currently running weekly manga that has good depth and characters and other stuff like that is un fairy tail like. not making a challenge, just requesting so i have a deep manga to read

user posted image

user posted image

#17 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:39 AM

A currently running weekly manga? Oh, I haven't kept up with any manga recently, been watching anime more so lately.

Hmm, I don't know about currently being published series' but for finished ones, Monster, Bokurano, Bakuman (ongoing), 20th Century Boys, Fate/Zero, Mushishi and No.6

If you were to watch the animes for any of these I would say don't watch Bakuman or No.6, not great anime versions, manga is much better, and substitute in Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World and Serial Experiments Lain...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

You're COMPLETELY missing the point and I'm actually kind of shocked that you got so worked up about it

Generic is an OPINIONATED term, whether you like it or not. Thus you THINK it's generic because of bla bla bla, and yet you're making a fool out of yourself by saying that it IS generic. It only IS generic by your standards. I never even disagreed with you on the fact that it is generic, I'm well aware of just how generic most people think it is, I could probably list out more "generic elements" than you, but even then that would all be MY OPINION. So don't just go blurting out that something IS this or something IS that as if though it's undeniable fact because that doesn't make you seem very smart, no offense. That'd be like saying One Piece is REALLY poorly drawn or Naruto is NOTHING like the standard stereotypes of ninjas in modern society. Most people would probably agree with these but they're still opinions, not fact. If it was just a matter of being lax and saying "Fairy Tail is really generic" where the "I think" or "to me" is implied I wouldn't be such an ass but it really seems like you honestly believe the things you say to be completely true and undeniable when they aren't.

You can have the last say but after your/Blu Spidr's posts regarding on the matter I don't want to argue anymore, I deal enough with these kind of psychological things everyday since I take sociology and psych and history & democ and they're all so similar >_>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:37 AM

Well I just saw what happened

boy was that a lame explanation sleep.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#20 bluspidr

bluspidr

awesome.jpg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

i thought the same thing. so much wasted potential of what could have been a good long arc trying to find the missing people. all i can guess that is that the writer caved into fan/publisher pressure to bring the old people back so fast.

user posted image

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users