Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Naruto or Narutard?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

What's your opinion on Naruto/Naruto Shippuden and why?

I thought at first Naruto was kind of cool, even if Naruto didn't seem all that ninja-ish, some of the other things did, I started watching it soon after it came out (we visited some guy and he had DVD episodes of Naruto subtitled, I was like "wtf this is in JAPANESE!" because I wasn't used to watched anime in japanese).

Fillers screwed the show over, as did problems, lack of consistency, boring-ness, cornyness, gayness, etc., it got pretty cliche, and even though Naruto Shippuden made it a little bit more interesting than the fillers, I still haven't seen the same thing or felt the same thing that I did when I first watched it...

Despite that it's not a bad show overall (or it wouldn't be so popular), but like most animes the quality and greatness of it quickly declines...

As an example, Dragonball was good, Dragonball Z was great, and Dragonball GT was a completely new approach and new thing and even with the old characters it just pure SUCKED, absolutely lame...

Your thoughts, and perhaps we can get a discussion going?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Kinesthesia

Kinesthesia

Great Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

I watched Naruto. It was pretty kool at first. Rock Lee > Everyone. Sasuke = biggest douche ever. Got boring though, fillers killed it for me. Never got around to Shippuden.

And I happened to like Dragonball GT... >_>
Gimme rice and I'll love you forever.

(Avatar credits go to Shu, thanks man!user posted image

#3 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

Sasuke Fails, Kakashi Rocks. I dont even watch the fillers, they're so bad >.>

Shippuden is better than the first part, and the fights scenes are cool at times. (The Naruto Vs Sasuke second battle was great! Flawless animation) The movies are bad, but the fighting is pretty entertaining to watch. I mostly read the Manga.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:31 AM

The manga is OK but a little bit cheesy and it's too much of "Naruto gets a power up, faces bad guys, gets another power up, faces bad guys, gets another power up, faces bad guys, saves everyone else, all the older ninja all die", there's very little plot twists or anything at all.

Some Shippuden parts are good, yes, some are a little bit meh, if nothing else I like to see a few of the parts of the plot develop in the manga and then watch the anime to see it in action.

As for fillers, yes, that mainly ruined Naruto. The quality of the plot continues to decrease and decrease. That's in a way why I prefer other anime/manga. The plot keeps on getting better and better and nothing feels 'old' or 'boring', for the most part... Plus the girls are usually better than Naruto

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Vivek

Vivek

The perv that pisses you off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:37 AM

Maybe I'm the only one who felt Naruto sucked, but whatever.

I'm not much of an anime guy....
user posted image

youtube.com/vivekbob

And yeah, I'm still learning how to hack, be easy on me. Unlike some *Cough Xeld Cough*

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

No, tons of people think Naruto sucks. I don't think it completely sucks, but no, it's not that great, there are plenty of other animes that are better, just less popular and well-known...

Anyway, why do you think it sucks? (still trying to get a good discussion, lol)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Blazar @ January 22, 2009 10:01 am)
No, tons of people think Naruto sucks. I don't think it completely sucks, but no, it's not that great, there are plenty of other animes that are better, just less popular and well-known...

Anyway, why do you think it sucks? (still trying to get a good discussion, lol)

lets see, I liked it but there was like 20 Filler episodes, after every Part of the Main Story, I think 2/3 of the Show was filler...

Posted Image

#8 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

20? More than that, Im sure.
user posted image
Gallery

-Boney

#9 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Shu @ January 22, 2009 03:14 pm)
20? More than that, Im sure.

read caredfully not 20 total, like 20 after each main part, unless thats whay replying to xD

Posted Image

#10 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

Oh, I see what you mean. Nevermind what I said.
user posted image
Gallery

-Boney

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

I could have sworn there were like 80 in a row one time, that was kind of lame, I stopped being like "oh I haven't watched naruto in a while I wonder what's happening", it was more like "meh there's nothing to do guess i'll watch naruto" sort of thing... >_>

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Vivek

Vivek

The perv that pisses you off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:16 AM

Ridiculously Cliche.

2 Episodes of flashbacks before a goddamn fight...Just generally aggravating to watch.
user posted image

youtube.com/vivekbob

And yeah, I'm still learning how to hack, be easy on me. Unlike some *Cough Xeld Cough*

#13 Destran

Destran

~Winged Saint~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Guess...

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

I only watched the first episode- the one my friend showed me.
To be honest, the main guy REALLY ticks me off with his phailure >_<

My friend stopped watching telling me that it's all about an emo kid and his issues.

So yea, my opinion on naruto is quite low...
user posted image
You jelly bro?

#14 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

Naruto(character) or Naruto(anime)? Either way the answer is the same, (thought the former is worse then the latter) As many have pointed prior I think the problem with Naruto was fillers. There was also too many characters introduced into the anime for charracters to retain their personality. Or what little they had. I mean most of the characters were so shallow.

I think the idea of "Ninja" helped it reach popularity. Alot like the wizard school scenario in Rowlings Harry Potter series. It wasn't a new idea per say, but it was an interesting one that was put in the spotlight.

As for Naruto the character I don't think alot of people like Naruto anyway. I mean the so called cult of the "true fan" was Sasuke this and Sasuke that. I find english dubs to be horrible in general but Naruto's VA's were nearly on par with Kagome from Inuyasha.
And I'd rather listen to a cat scratching a blackboard then listen to her,

#15 Riadansen

Riadansen

King's#1Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Ive changed over the last months, as of now theres lots of things i like best:<br><br>-Caramel Dance-<br><br>its Cute XDXDXDXD<br><br>-Alucard and Ike-<br><br>Ive been more into these characters, mostly Alucard, cause he has a mysterious past and well Ike, i know all i need to know of this phenomenom...<br><br>-Japanese language-<br><br>been practicing and have managed to speak more and more, and also understand it kinda well<br><br>-Manga-<br><br>Ive been practicing some more and gotten lots better, thanx to Soren's Support, As Deadly, DarkStorm, Fireblazer, Tino, etc...<br><br>-Mapping-<br><br>yes, i map in an online game, if you wish for the name, feel free to ask me...

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:23 AM

im not a naruto fan like others... but its kinda cool, i mean.... well im just into other types of anime
user posted image
Riadansen, Ayumu,
Ryrumeli, badkiara103, Oblivion, Mankut8397
user posted image

thanks to Mankut for the sig user posted image

#16 Roque Minonovo

Roque Minonovo

Weed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

I absolutely hate Naruto. Of course I also hate most of the main-stream animes out there. Of all the ones that were showed on CN/Adult Swim, I only really liked Outlaw Star, Code Geass, Deathnote, s-cry-ed, and Blue Gender.

#17 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

I think the idea of "Ninja" helped it reach popularity. Alot like the wizard school scenario in Rowlings Harry Potter series. It wasn't a new idea per say, but it was an interesting one that was put in the spotlight.

I know what you mean, as it became less ninja like and he just kept on getting "power-ups" it got less and less cool and interesting... xP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#18 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:You

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

English Naruto sucked from like episode 50+. Japanese episodes were only a little better. Japanese Shippuden were good but they eventually got boring too.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Fire Blazer -- Man Cute is on

#19 Sx2Kirby

Sx2Kirby

The Star Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

i hated almost everything about the show some of the fights were cool but everything else blows

#20 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

I didn't watch Naruto because it look and was a waste of time. I didn't see a point to the show nor will I, in my eyes, it was crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users