Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Warning: Potential Spoilers

One Piece and Naruto happen to be two of the longest animes ever, and Bleach is well... popular.

Out of these three animes, (feel free to throw any other long or otherwise good anime into the conversation, if you want,) my favorite is One Piece, then Naruto, then Bleach.

Whattaya think?

(Yeah, I know Luffy made one of these in October, but it kind of died easily.)

Now...

For one thing, I think One Piece has the best character interaction in any anime I've seen so far. The relationships between the Luffy crew (particularly Zoro x Sanji, and Robin x Nami,) are strong and well-made. The only relationships that manage to compete with these mentioned relationships--as well as all of the other relationships between the straw-hats--is Yoruichi x Soifon in Bleach, and Naruto x Jiraiya in Naruto. Also, One Piece's story is strong, well made, and overall funny. Oda might not be the best writer, but he's better than Kishimoto or Kubo.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#2 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Out of the three Bleach might be ending the soonest. Currently in the Japanese manga all the Espada are dead except Yami, who Byakuya and Kenpachi are finishing off, and Ichigo, who is the only person who can face Aizen, is on his way back to the world of the living where Aizen is to have the final showdown.

user posted image

#3 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Kingultra @ November 25, 2009 08:28 pm)
I dislike all three of them(Bleach,OP,and Naruto) greatly.

Well, you should probably tell us an anime (or if you don't like anime at all, tv Show or something) you do like, then... >.<

@ Tensho: Yeah, I know. Naruto is close to done; in the manga almost all of the bad guys are dead, and Naruto has surpassed the Sannin, so, yeah... But Bleach is closer. And One Piece... well, in the current manga Luffy doesn't even have his crew anymore, so it'll probably last a while yet.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#4 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:12 AM

Why doesn't he have his crew?

Oh yea I know Naruto's close too. I just don't see how Naruto can beat someone who can't be hit (Madara)
user posted image

#5 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

Eph, I thought you were a huge Bleach fanboy? Anyways mine is Naruto, Bleach, then One Piece, favorite to least. I never really liked any of these three though. I stopped watching Naruto once all those damn fillers started. Bleach I stopped reading since I couldn't find any volumes past 27. One Piece is ok, I've never been much a fan of it though.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#6 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Bleach has become a let down, same plot line twice is a big no-no and at the moment it's been 60 chapters of nothing but fighting, WHERE'S THE STORY GONE?

One Piece is great although sometimes it can be a little bit too random, but it's still great with lots of hilarity and epic battles.

Naruto is good because it has a semi-grounded story and most of the fights are pretty amazing, It'll probably end the soonest, as One Piece doesn't look like ending anytime soon and Bleach will take another million chapters before the damn fights end and the story comes back to life
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#7 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

The plot line wasnt the same twice. Rukia wasn't kidnapped like Orihime she was just brought back to where she belonged and was going to be executed. Orihime was kidnapped by Ulquiorra so Aizen could take advantage of her powers. No that doesn't sound exactly the same to me. And so what if the last 60 chapters were fighting is a fking shonen manga its supposed to have action and fighting. And the story line is still there. Aizen is trying to bring his plan to fruition which is to destroy Karakura town to make the Oken so he can assassinate the spirit king, and everyone is trying to prevent that. So yea its not just senseless fighting with no story.
user posted image

#8 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

For the last 60 chapters it has been just fighting >_>

And when paired down it's the same plotline: Save a girl,

Look at One Piece, it's a fcking shonen manga as well but it has a story throughout.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#9 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Like I said the main story line hasnt changed or disappeared. The fighting is all to end the end stop Aizen from killing everyone and getting away with his plan. Its like your ignoring that just to make it sound bad. And I don't see it ending sooner than Naruto I mean no one knows how to hit a man who can become intangible, and has 7 of the tailed beasts, so I don't see Naruto ending that soon. (Not to mention Sasuke is basically evil and wants to kill well everyone).
user posted image

#10 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ November 25, 2009 10:12 pm)
Why doesn't he have his crew?

Oh yea I know Naruto's close too. I just don't see how Naruto can beat someone who can't be hit (Madara)

Well, I don't like to say stupid shit like that and end up spoiling it, but meh.

Kuma (Schichibukai) teleported them all to different locations throughout the planet, and Luffy is still only planning on getting them back. (Now he's trying to stop Ace's execution, and not trying to get them at all yet)

Also, Sasuke may be the one to kill Madara. It kind of fits, since Naruto got Pain, who killed Jiraiya, and Madara used Itachi like an over-class tool for his whole life. Revenge and all.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#11 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

Yea but Sasuke's rage seems pointed at Konoha not Madara. Altho MAYBE Naruto can talk sense into him but Sasuke seems to be more and more evil as time passes.
user posted image

#12 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, I have pretty much lost hope for Sasuke returning, but still, Madara did promise to give Sasuke a tailed-beast, and probably won't keep his promise. If he doesn't, then Sasuke might just kill him, then go and die some other way. Ironic. After all that talk about Konoha being the rat, Orochimaru being the snake, and him being the falcon, he's gonna lose to the "rat."
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#13 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Lol yea. Did you read the latest chapter? Man they fcked Kisame up big time.
user posted image

#14 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

Yeah. I missed it at first, but I just saw it last night. Kind of makes the hosts look pathetic, though, that the possibly strongest of the nine was beaten so easily, then Kisame was killed in a second. Of course, it was already sad that the two-tails chick lost to Hidan, who was killed by an average Chunin. So, yeah... Hosts suck. tongue.gif
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#15 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

The best out of those is probably One Piece. I'm not sure about second, but One Piece is the best because it's storyline is just so freakin' insane and original it can't be topped by the other two. It also has more interesting characters (Zoro FTW, Nami is hawt, and Brooke WTF?)

In any case, they're all good, but the King of Manga remains Dragonball/Z, (I've said it before, I'll say it again) because it has, and probably will still after the 3 in question have ended, more impact than any Manga...ever, basically.

But some other greats are Yu Yu Hakasho and Rurouni Kenshin. I also Like Shaman King...

I want to try out Fist of The North Star at some point as well.

user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#16 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:02 AM

Yu Yu Hakusho and Kenshin are two of my favorites, two, along with D. Gray Man and DB/Z. I agree with you, Shu. Never seen Shaman King though.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#17 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:53 PM

Theres no chance DragonBall is the king of manga.

Perhaps the king of Shonen Manga but not of every manga

Rurouni Kenshin is a pure and utter classic
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#18 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

A classic... with like, one fifth of the episodes/volumes that DB/Z had.

Other than maybe Gundam, has anything ever lasted that long, actually? (And One Piece, if you don't count GT.)
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

#19 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

DBZ had 42 volumes, RK 28, 14 difference. Nowhere near 1/5th
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#20 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

1/2. And Kenshin (the anime, not the manga) had 93--whereas the anime Dragonball had well over 400.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users