Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Who is the Worst Character in the entire series?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

Huh, I thought I heard that even with a Fred pair-up and a forge there's nothing that could be done with him. Maybe it was Lunatic+ where that's the case? Not sure. I don't actually own FE13 myself.

The fact that Bors manages to be so awful even with perfect availability is pretty sad. I dunno that you could really call anyone outclassed by any of the FE6 knights though. Even Barth only manages "hey if you give me an early promo (instead of promoting the paladins) I'm marginally mediocre for like three chapters before being useless again!"
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#22 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

Not literally unusable, but nearly so.

this

ANYONE is usable because infinite stat boosts, grinding, money, items, easy EXP with DLC and skills, etc... >_>;

but on a "normal" playthrough of lunatic, he's pretty useless, yeah, I think he dies in 1-round to most generic enemies lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#23 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

But if you aren't looking at specific difficulties then donnel becomes one of the best units in the game. Anyway I have to cast my vote to one of those Cavaliers you get along with Hardin, Wolf, and sedgar. Neither of them could keep up with cain and Abel even with extreme babying.

#24 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

Donnel is indeed literally unusable without dlc grinding in L+, but that's true for everyone but Freddy anyways, eh? *shot*

He is super hard to train in Lunatic proper, but it CAN work out IF you can get him around 10/8 by chapter 10, then he's on his way to being a powerhouse. (The majority of his xp until about 10/5 is dual attack and archer killing)

Now keep in mind I'm not actually saying you should use Donnel, because he's a PoS, but I am saying it is possible to use him.
--
I think you could say that Bors is outclassed by the other Knights. I mean, at least Wendy almost has the potential to be almost-mediocre(iirc), and Barth is actually mediocre.
--
Hey, at least you can sorta use Roshea and Vyland.

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#25 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Noel @ Jan 14 2014, 01:13 PM)
I think you could say that Bors is outclassed by the other Knights. I mean, at least Wendy almost has the potential to be almost-mediocre(iirc), and Barth is actually mediocre.

Not on an efficiency run...the effort to even bring Wendy to mediocre, as fun as it is to use her, makes her much worse.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#26 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

I agree that it's disadvantageous as a whole to bring her, but I don't think it's too difficult to train her up, espcially in the chapter directly after the one you recruit her in (8x) has a handful of stationary units that she can easily get the last hit on. I've gotten her 4 level ups in that chapter alone.

I understand that's detracting exp from other units in the army but training her up in the early stages isn't too difficult if you make good use of chapter 8x.

It's the movement issue I think, I'm using her on my current playthrough, and all of the chapters require you to blitz through them in a flurry unless you want one of Village/NPC/Recruitable Unit to be killed or destroyed, and she just gets left behind on the far side of the map while everybody else charges like their's no tomorrow.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#27 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jan 15 2014, 12:14 AM)
I disagree, the chapter directly after the one you recruit her in (8x) has a handful of stationary units that she can easily get the last hit on. I've gotten her 4 level ups in that chapter alone.

Efficient runs tend to prefer just not attempting to slowly take them down to HP she can actually kill with. It's unlikely through that perspective that she will gain too many levels.

From a "let's have fun" perspective, you can do that. And I get that her, Nino, and all the other Est types out there are great for curbstomping and babying. But from a "kill 'em as fast as I can" perspective (which is how I'm gauging best and worst characters), it's hard to set up those situations and Wendy can't get too much experience without either slowing down your team or reducing the optimization of movements by forcing you to use good units to scratch enemies for intentionally non-lethal damage. Without her there, the team moves so much faster and her gains, in my opinion, don't make up for it at the end. Especially since she's in a disadvantageous class.

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jan 15 2014, 12:14 AM)
I understand that's detracting exp from other units in the army but training her up in the early stages isn't too difficult if you make good use of chapter 8x.

Ease, again, isn't the issue. It's ease mixed with how effectively you can do it without pulling resources from elsewhere to make it happen.

RedBlue.png

#28 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hmm, Having looked at the chapter again, if you pair wendy up with two units who will act as a 'weakening squad', you can have the rest of your units bypass the stationary units so that Wendy can get to them while still beating the map in as fast a way as possible.

I'm looking far too into it because I do love Wendy and always find it so hard to use any of the Knights. That would net you about 2 levels of exp if done correctly.

Would you classify her as an 'Est' character? I mean, chapter 8 to me screams 'I should have come at lv.5 or so' archtype.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#29 kirant

kirant

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jan 15 2014, 12:33 AM)
Hmm, Having looked at the chapter again, if you pair wendy up with two units who will act as a 'weakening squad', you can have the rest of your units bypass the stationary units so that Wendy can get to them while still beating the map in as fast a way as possible.

But the problem from a speed perspective is that you could probably just use one unit to sit by the enemy in question for a turn and kill it. That gives you two more units per turn to do looting and mayhem with. And if you don't think it's one unit, certainly two should. That still gives you a free unit which can help kill faster as oppose to move around with two units and do the exact same job.

Using Wendy in this regard is a risk/reward thing and that huge cost early isn't entirely justified by the payoff most of the time. If she were a 5 movement unit and had 50% growth in all attack stats across the board, she'd be amazing as a "fun" unit and as an efficiency unit.

I'm looking far too into it because I do love Wendy and always find it so hard to use any of the Knights. That would net you about 2 levels of exp if done correctly.

I love using her too (I really do love the face sprite) and actively attempt to find ways to make her useful in my games, but in terms of the efficiency perspective, she's certainly one of the least optimal units in the game.

That's why I just don't do any efficiency runs.

Would you classify her as an 'Est' character? I mean, chapter 8 to me screams 'I should have come at lv.5 or so' archtype.

That insane difficulty getting off the ground reminds me of that archetype. 4/3/3 starting offensive stats are abysmal.

RedBlue.png

#30 AbsolutelyTotalSilence

AbsolutelyTotalSilence

Hawk King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Zelda and Metroid among other things. Probably tied with Blazer for "FES member most anticipating a TWEWY appearance at E3". THERE'S STILL HOPE GUYS

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

No one's mentioned Zealot? Zealot is so bad you can't even dislike him.
It's like...he fails so much more spectacularly than any other unit that it's actually IMPRESSIVE. FE6 Marcus is nearly as bad, as is FE7 Isadora. at least Isadora gives you an Angel Robe and a Silver Sword
Also, thieves in FE6 and earlier. 'Nuff said.
relevant to the efficiency discussion: Nino.
click for random quotes (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)

Scott: at this point we're going to have iron, steel, and silver vulneraries

Silence: if nyan cats start showing up on my lawn it's your fault
Gold: O_o

jboney93: Not very much, cause girls don't tend to try to sing much higher in pitch than they can talk.
Edmania: clearly you haven't listened to enough japanese pop music

Agent Ryru: For example, you would have a hard time exciting me with a concept for a FPS game
Agent Ryru: But on the other hand even I would have to admit said game could be awesome.
Agent Ryru: Like portal, for example
Agent Ryru: And...
Agent Ryru: ...there must be some other amazing FPS game...
Agent Ryru: Oh right.
Agent Ryru: Portal 2!

user posted image

#31 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hey now, Zealot's relatively useful for at least 2 chapters(the one he shows up in and right after...and maaaaaaaaybe a little in the isles where you can use him as a car) since he has the prepromote bases going for him(I mean compared to unpromoted bad characters, which are just...ugh.) And being a little better at being a meatshield(without being too slow to do the shielding part...at least on the offensive) helps too I guess.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#32 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Zealot has several things going for him. His bases are serviceable for a while, he's got his pick of your weapon pool, and he's got a horse. Then, once he's no longer useful, you can at least just drop him. Some units need to be bad before they can be good, but Zealot at least doesn't have to suffer through his bad-ness. Isadora's pretty similar. They're both underwhelming long-term, but they have their uses.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#33 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

Every character in FE8 besides Seth. He can solo the game, therefore making every other character in that game essentially, useless.
Posted Image

#34 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

But does that really count when Gilliam, Garcia, Franz and various others can also all solo the game?

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#35 Ristau

Ristau

LIGHTS Super-fan

• Veterans
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

No they can't you don't get them at chapter one AXAXAXAXAXAXAX!

Also Franz is a noob. I think Oblivion would agree with me
Posted Image

#36 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Jan 22 2014, 07:52 PM)
But does that really count when Gilliam, Garcia, Franz and various others can also all solo the game?

I find Garcia's and certainly Gilliam's odds dubious at best. I mean, if the RNG isn't kind Gill can find himself 2RKOd by axies in Ch. 2...

Franz, like everyone, is redundant at best if you use Seth. Without Seth he's pretty awesome, though. There's no one who can consistently replicate what he does, although he never has the same level of dominance as Seth.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#37 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

I find Garcia's and certainly Gilliam's odds dubious at best. I mean, if the RNG isn't kind Gill can find himself 2RKOd by axies in Ch. 2...

I know Personal experience doesn't mean anything but I've done it with both of them. Garcia did get speed blessed (18 at 20/20) but both runs were actually really easy, just gotta keep Eirika out of danger
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#38 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

that feel when 18 speed counts as blessed at 20/20

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#39 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Tenebrae Candidae @ Jan 23 2014, 11:39 AM)
that feel when 18 speed counts as blessed at 20/20

Poor guy.
user posted image

#40 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

When it comes to Ward/Dorcas/Garcia, most anything above 12 Speed is the best you can hope for.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users