Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.
@  kirant : (26 October 2019 - 09:39 PM) It's strange. I don't think I've ever posted on Serenes...period. I've always been a fan of smaller forums.
@  Ezra : (26 October 2019 - 05:49 AM) I think it's because a lot of newer FE players didn't frequent forums growing up. And those that do probably end up on Serenes.
@  Elwood : (25 October 2019 - 07:30 AM) I would love to revitalize this place I'm just not sure how that would be done. I mean with how main stream FE seems to have become I'm honestly surprised we don't have more members.
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 08:04 PM) tfw u not coming here results in not seeing a PM from last month T_T ok gonna try and check at least every couple weeks now even if there's nothing here, lol...
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 07:54 PM) I come here almost never because I've fallen out of habit and basically just accepted the forums are dead :( it's neat you come here every day tho
@  Elwood : (27 September 2019 - 05:52 AM) I still come here everyday because this is still my homepage in Firefox! XD
@  Ezra : (25 September 2019 - 03:07 PM) I also miss the days the forums I used were more active :(
@  Fire Blazer : (15 September 2019 - 05:39 AM) I do kinda miss the days these forums were active :(
@  Ezra : (29 August 2019 - 04:14 PM) *BOX!!!*
@  kirant : (19 August 2019 - 12:49 PM) Huh. Bothammer time.

Photo

*Untitled Story*

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:29 PM

Chapter 1
The entire back side of my body itched. “Why” is a question one would normally put into this situation. “Why am I here?” would be anyone’s first question actually. But for me, the question was far from it. I spoke, and heard a voice I did not recognize say, “Whom am I?”. Even though I wished to explore the voice, and who I was, I needed to see something other than black darkness, which reminded me that my eyes must be closed.
I decided it was time I opened my eyes, and the world exploded with color. The sky was a nice shade of blue, warming and welcoming, and very relaxing. The birds flying above in circles were white, and sang a marvelous tune, which I could barely comprehend myself, let alone explain it. The sun was at the corner of my left eye, which means I had to squint a little bit to see.
I looked down, and saw what seemed to be my body. I was wearing a white, short sleeved, shirt, of which my arms, which looked pretty average, were coming out of and remained on my torso. My skin seemed to be a pretty tan color, probably from laying here for who knows how long. I saw what looked like shorts, with a beige color, and adjustable waistline. I sat there watching my diaphragm expand and collapse as I breathed through my nose, which is until I noticed something about what I was laying on. It was also a beige like color, and very soft. It had a slight sheen to it and was very warm. It felt very nice, but it made the back side of me very itchy still.
I tried to move my legs, to get off this itchy beige powder, but to no avail. My legs seemed to be made of jelly at that moment, and needed to rest a little before trying to stand. I dug my hand into the powder, and felt it go through my fingers, and drop to its place. I decided that since I could not get up, I mind as well try to see where I was.
I decided to look to my left, and saw a majestic scene. The powder continued for what seemed like forever, and into the sky, with various objects on top of it. There were some trees near the powder, but not touching them. They seemed to be wearing plate armor, due to the way the bark was on them. ON top of them, was a green nut, and below the tree, brown ones. The powder eventually subsided, and gave way to a green field of green blades of some plant. It was truly a heartwarming moment, but I still felt incomplete. I don’t know who I am, where I am, why I am where, when I got here, how I got here, and above all, who else is here?
Staring at the powder gave me strength enough to move my legs, and with all the might I could muster, I got up. A lot of powder fell off my body, a waterfall of warm and shining powder, giving almost a magical appearance. It felt strange to be using my legs for support, as far as I can remember, a whole 5 minutes or so, I didn’t know how to stand. Now that I was standing however, I felt like there was nothing I couldn’t do, a childish thought, yet the only way to describe it.
I started to walk along the powder, where I had looked before. The powder made it harder for me to move my legs, and I fell quite a lot, landing in the powder, but got back up slowly, but surely. It would seem to anyone watching that I was stumbling along, without any goal, just to see what I could find. In truth, that was probably correct, but it didn’t matter. I knew I had to go this way, something is on this majestic site has to be good, maybe even let me know who I am.
The sun slowly descended as I walked, and by the time I took a break to see where I was, the sun had already almost disappeared, behind me, the magical dust, which now seemed to be a pink color, in the illumination of the sky and the sun. This was the most gorgeous thing I had seen so far, the sky, the sun, and the powder all agreeing in color and shade, to make for an almost seamless rift.
As I turned around, I saw a river, flowing into a larger water source, not at a break neck speed, but still at a pretty brisk pace. I just now realized that this water source was the ocean, and it to reflects to pink sun’s rays, making the seamless rift of before complete.
As I watched this sight, it occurred to me that I was solitary. No other people were probably with me, the very thought of such a horrific disaster scared me. It felt as if I was meaningless and small, with no purpose.
Tears filled my eyes, and they rolled down my cheeks in an avalanche of water. I tried to stop myself, but that deep meaning in my existence here weighed down on my conscious. As I stood in my depression, the sun cascaded out of the sky into the abyss, leaving me in complete darkness.
It took me a long time to get over that thought of solitude, and by the time I was ready to start slowly picking up my feet, the darkness around me was strong, surrounding me with the black abyss that is night. The never ending darkness which seemed to consume me never faded, even as I walked through it. I was only guided by the senses in my feet, since I happened to be wearing sandals. The magical substance beneath my feet was my savior, while the abyss around me seemed to want me to convert, give up, and be eaten by it.
The farther I walked, the more it seemed I wanted to give up. The abyss did its job quite well. I guess it was time to die, sit there, and wait until the darkness around me destroys me.
The end never came however, and as I waited, staring at the lifeless moon above me, waiting for something to just end the darkness. It seemed as if I was waiting for a millennia, listening to the changes around me, but not appreciative or with passion. The moon never seemed to move, and the wind seemed to have stopped. I closed my eyes, with the only difference being that the moon was gone.
I thought about how I was going to die alone, without loved ones, and not even knowing my name. I saw a light in the distance, and I tried to go towards it, but it inched towards me slower and slower. I had given up all hope at this point, until I awoke with a sudden pain in my leg. As I looked to see what had caused this, I saw a crab, which had pinched off some of my skin, and blood trickled down my leg with a hot sensation, and grueling agony. I screamed with all the emotions left in my forsaken heart, screamed for what I will never understand. Was it the pain? Was it the last thing everyone did before the light came and rescued them?
As I ran out of breath, and my screaming subsided, I drifted into a state of which bewildered me. I watched a show of outstanding colors and lights, and then I was in a blank room which was completely dark, until a door appeared with light under the crack. I turned the handle, and light exploded into my eyes and I gasped as I raised my head up. Only…I was in a cave…

Chapter 2
The cave was a house of darkness, obscuring my vision until the light pouring in from the left of me flooded into the cave, creating an effect only able to be full of light, but giving no warmth. My leg no longer hurt, but I noticed a wrap of gauss around it, now red in color. The sight but an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, which was now howling in pain as an animal caught in the hunter’s trap, waiting to be freed or to be cut short, to no longer have to endure the agony it faced.
As I tried to move my injured leg a thousand daggers entered it and I screamed with the voice of a tortured victim, with escape so near, yet the judgment of their tormentor forbids them to escape what is to become their tome. The pain remained even after
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#2 Ramiel

Ramiel

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Good start. I dont know what happend to chapter. 2 but more then half is not there.

#3 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

He does that, for some reason. I don't know why...(WHY!?)

Anyway, its interesting. Hope you continue it. *Goes back to writing his own story.*

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#4 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:52 PM

I like how you surprised me with your grammar and spelling, since those usually aren't very good (although not bad, either) when you're posting elsewhere on the forum. Not to mention the story's very interesting. Good job. I anticipate more wink.gif

Also, he probably hasn't finished chapter 2 yet, but I guess he has just posted part of it already since he finished that already anyway.

#5 Sothe

Sothe

Whisper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

You're really good. Interesting story, good grammar. Two thumbs up from the spammar.
user posted image

Signature by Shu.

---

Soren Sonata, Kelly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users