Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Tales of ...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Candy

Candy

Bishoujo Senshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

if there's already a Tales thread I can't find it so it must be very old and outdated.

Anyway, I finished Vesperia the other night (literally the first console game I have finished in 3 years) and I liked it but as usual the story left much to be desired, it was kind of silly and hard to follow and left a lot of things out e.g. the relationship between Judith and Ba'ul and what he saved her from unless that was mentioned in skits (I skip most of them, I don't have time for that omg) or in some sort of side quest, and by the end of the game I actually forgot everything that happened in the beginning and how we even got to that point.

Also,

Spoiler
come on kids, I need some explanations here and the game ain't gonna give them to me.

I've still got a few Tales games which I own and am yet to play - ToS Chronicles (I played both ToS and DOtNW separately), Graces f, Xiliia 1+2 and Eternia. I think I'll play Graces f next.

yep, Tales stuff.

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Yeah that's standard tales fare, though people fucking love Vesperia. 

What I wanna play is Destiny DC but the ps2 emulator keeps crashing T_T

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

My experience in the Tales games is mostly the older ones.  Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, Phantasia, and Vesperia.

Also, this:

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

Regal is bae

Posted Image

#5 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:accepting things

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

Yeah I'd do weird stuff with Regal if I had to.
Dave Grohl is rock and roll personified.

Actually a real smart genius man, but I'll never show it.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:06 PM

if there's already a Tales thread I can't find it so it must be very old and outdated.

Anyway, I finished Vesperia the other night (literally the first console game I have finished in 3 years) and I liked it but as usual the story left much to be desired, it was kind of silly and hard to follow and left a lot of things out e.g. the relationship between Judith and Ba'ul and what he saved her from unless that was mentioned in skits (I skip most of them, I don't have time for that omg) or in some sort of side quest, and by the end of the game I actually forgot everything that happened in the beginning and how we even got to that point.

Also,

Spoiler
come on kids, I need some explanations here and the game ain't gonna give them to me.

I've still got a few Tales games which I own and am yet to play - ToS Chronicles (I played both ToS and DOtNW separately), Graces f, Xiliia 1+2 and Eternia. I think I'll play Graces f next.

yep, Tales stuff.

Vesperia's story isn't amazing but I thought it did its job of being entertaining and motivating me to go on with the game, which is really all I can ask for from a Tales of game, since it's not like they've ever been superb with their writing. (Same goes for FE, really. Just want some basic entertainment, lol)

idk about Raven's blastia good point

and I forgot how Yaeger? Yeager? helped them

Yeah that's standard tales fare, though people fucking love Vesperia. 

What I wanna play is Destiny DC but the ps2 emulator keeps crashing T_T

strong word choice there

is that even in English, and why not play the real thing nerd

My experience in the Tales games is mostly the older ones.  Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, Phantasia, and Vesperia.

Also, this:

I'm like mid-series up to Zestiria in Japanese only (couldn't bother with the English version based on the Japanese version), didn't play Phantasia or the older ones

not sure what to make of that Regal clip besides "interesting voice acting" lol

Regal is bae

ok

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Cause then I'd have to but a japanese ps2. Fuck that.

Posted Image

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:21 AM

Cause then I'd have to but a japanese ps2. Fuck that.

oh, ps2 is region-locked?

that's p. dumb

sorry

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

Yeah it suuuuuuuuucks. 

Oh yeah guys Berseria is good. Go try it.

Posted Image

#10 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

I read it was super bad on some other site.

It's neither here nor there for me though, I'm completely uninterested unfortunately.

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:42 AM

Yeah it suuuuuuuuucks. 

Oh yeah guys Berseria is good. Go try it.

yeah eventually, hard to prioritize a tedious-sounding game with meh graphics when I have all these better-looking, more polished, generally more awesome games to play XP

(but I do intend to play it eventually, plz make it $19.99 or less soon, Namco)

I read it was super bad on some other site.

It's neither here nor there for me though, I'm completely uninterested unfortunately.

haven't you played Tales of games before tho? lost interest in the series or something or just not interested in Berseria specifically or what? I mean it seems like you were interested enough to read about it, at least

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:59 AM

yeah not really feelin the series in general anymore. symphonia's always gonna be in my top 5, but aside from that and xillia i dont really care for any of the others ive played. looks like it has that weird combat system from zesteria so if i cant even enjoy the gameplay why bother lol.

#13 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

I have to disagree heavily with it being bad. The story is safer and by the books, but that's fine after the mess of Zestiria's plot. The two things I love about Berseria is the combat and the skits and cast. The combat is super fun once it fully opens up and there are a ton of cool combos you can do, along with cool team combos since switching members is built into the system. I LOVE the cast of Berseria, up there as one of my favorite tales casts (With Eizen and Magilou being some of my favorite characters period.) The skits are amazing and really bring the chemistry of the cast out (They even got skits for whole side characters it's sick). So I say give it a try, I was skeptical of the game before release but I'm really enjoying it. 

Posted Image

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

yeah not really feelin the series in general anymore. symphonia's always gonna be in my top 5, but aside from that and xillia i dont really care for any of the others ive played. looks like it has that weird combat system from zesteria so if i cant even enjoy the gameplay why bother lol.

ahh fair enough

top 5 Tales of games or games of all time lolol

I didn't dig Zesteria's gameplay much

I have to disagree heavily with it being bad. The story is safer and by the books, but that's fine after the mess of Zestiria's plot. The two things I love about Berseria is the combat and the skits and cast. The combat is super fun once it fully opens up and there are a ton of cool combos you can do, along with cool team combos since switching members is built into the system. I LOVE the cast of Berseria, up there as one of my favorite tales casts (With Eizen and Magilou being some of my favorite characters period.) The skits are amazing and really bring the chemistry of the cast out (They even got skits for whole side characters it's sick). So I say give it a try, I was skeptical of the game before release but I'm really enjoying it. 

no one said Berseria was bad did they?? I haven't played it so I can't really say it's good or bad yet XP

the combat seems mediocre which is bleghh, but I'll admit the skits and cast might be good (or at least, classic Tales-of-style good) and I plan to give them an honest shot. Magilou's outfit looks incredibly dumb though

I guess I'm not big on the heavier team dynamic of Tales of games where you are more reliant on your party members to do certain things, but eh. I mean, having real-time battles with a party and all that is part of what makes Tales of fun and unique I think so that's not wrong I don't want to just control 1 character or anything but I want to do cool things on my own without having to "link up" with other characters or anything XP like Xillia's link artes thing was cool but you can't go into overlimit by yourself and trying to get other characters to do their overlimits and stuff when controlling them was kinda tough, idk, I'm fine with a team dynamic but I'm more of an independent player who likes characters that can basically do everything themselves (so main characters and other fighter characters, I tend to not play mages or support characters), and yes Velvet exists and stuff but I saw a clip where they were like, stringing team attacks or something and I'm just like eehhh, I didn't dig that, and Zestiria you were dependent on merging with other characters which was a drag, so idk, I prefer team stuff as an occasional bonus, not weaved into the gameplay such that the player is dependent on it, but that just means the Tales of series is moving away from what I prefer, it's not objectively bad by virtue of the decision, though it may or may not be bad depending on the execution (I thought Zestiria's was a little subpar, but I can't really judge Berseria's yet)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 acceptance

acceptance

to live is to accept

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

^ of all time lol.

And I said I heard it was bad, not necessarily saying I thought it looked bad. I mean, I'm sure I'll cave and give it a shot eventually.

#16 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:47 AM

Yeah I forgot to quote the review part but I accidentally backed out of the page after writing my post and was a little miffed.

Blazer you can do cool shit yourself too. Look up Eizen or Rokurou combo vids. They're super sick. Also all the characters are fun and (generally) easy to get the hang. I just like how you can do cool shit both solo and with a team. Everyone can do everything by themselves and throw in switching it's super seamless to go around everyone.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users