Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Completed Games List 2017

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

As usual, post your completed games here and share some quick (or long, if you feel so inclined) thoughts on your experience!

Note that some games are hard to mark as "completed", but if you beat the main story/1-player campaign/whatever, that's usually enough to consider it for this: you don't have to say, catch all Pokemon in Pokemon X to beat it, for instance, but generally if you haven't reached the credits, you probably haven't actually completed the game. (Depends though. Some games really can't be completed, in which case if you feel you've played enough, feel free to post it.)

It's fun to see what other people have beaten, not to mention it can motivate people to try/play/beat games or give people some insight into a game and opinions on what it's like, and it can just be kind of fun/satisfying for yourself to note what games you beat and when, so yeah!

General format is:

Proper Game Title, System, Full Date

Because nobody has posted it yet and SOMEBODY needs to do it.

IUfb9Eg.png

#2 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

I was actually wondering when this would happen. Anyway better get right on to what I beaten.

- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, XboxOne/PS4/Steam, January

If there is one anime I know everyone and their dog knows it is Dragon Ball Z and the game Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 which is a sequal to the first game follows the same story but you travel through time to fix history. I love this game more than the first one. The fights are more fair than the first one but it is still challenging depending on your level. The overworld is much bigger and you can fly around it too but you have to reach a certain point in the game before you can fly around. If you are a fan of the Dragon Ball series then I recommend giving this game a try. They fixed everything the first game had.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1

I thought it was gonna be crap since I have a very low opinion of Compile Heart games but the gameplay while grindy wasn't too bad and the characters were super fun a charming. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

Monster Rancher Advance 2, GBA, Jan 26th

Okay, not a new game by any means, but I did it.

I also beat Pokemon Moon sometime this month but I care not about checking when it was.

IUfb9Eg.png

#5 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1

I thought it was gonna be crap since I have a very low opinion of Compile Heart games but the gameplay while grindy wasn't too bad and the characters were super fun a charming. 

I've actually been meaning to give that series a try. I always see people playing it.

Monster Rancher Advance 2, GBA, Jan 26th

Okay, not a new game by any means, but I did it.

I also beat Pokemon Moon sometime this month but I care not about checking when it was.

New, old it doesn't matter. As long as it is a game and you beaten it then that is cool. Most of my friends has beaten Sun and Moon but I decided to wait a little longer before getting that.

- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, PS3/PS Vita/PS4, January 26th

I have owned this game for at least 4 years and recently beaten this game. When it comes to Dynasty Warriors people who have played it knows you have to sink in a lot of time to complete or even beat it and this includes other Warrior games such as Samurai Warriors and Hyrule Warriors. It is a lot of fun to play alone but is recommended to play with a friend if you want to have more fun than what the game already has to offer. If you like Hyrule Warriors then you will like Dynasty Warriors the series where Hyrule Warriors came from.

#6 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

I've actually been meaning to give that series a try. I always see people playing it.

If you like anime shenanigans you'll really enjoy the characters and story. The gameplay isn't too great, it's pretty grindy and once EXE drives are unlocked you just spam them to win the game pretty much. But there's nice music and pretty colors so it's overall enjoyable. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Because nobody has posted it yet and SOMEBODY needs to do it.

I've been thinking about this and procrastinating, good job covering for my laziness lol

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

If you like anime shenanigans you'll really enjoy the characters and story. The gameplay isn't too great, it's pretty grindy and once EXE drives are unlocked you just spam them to win the game pretty much. But there's nice music and pretty colors so it's overall enjoyable. 

Oh good then I will enjoy it. I know some people who do enjoy the game.

Alright time for that list which is not a list at all.

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, GBA/Virtual Console, February 3rd

- Being a Fire Emblem fan there are not a lot of FE games I beaten and The Sacred Stones was one of them until now. While I was playing the game I was told it is easy. It is easy but probably only because I was on the easiest difficulty so I am still yet to see if that is true. Despite it being easy I had a lot of fun with the game. I like the idea behind the Tower of Valni and Labdou Ruins. The tower you go up in floors while the ruins you go down and going through these places felt like going through a dungeon in an RPG and I thought that is a cool idea without the mechanics of Gaiden (Which I am very excited for its remake by the way). I will be real with you guys... When I saw Fomortiis I felt intimidated because he is the final boss and not to mention looks really cool but in reality he is weak as balls. It only took three of the twin relics to beat him but despite that I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I finally decided to try and beat it. This is the game that got me to realize that Ephraim is an excellent character. I will definitely play this game again but on a harder difficulty so that will be fun when it happens.

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

2/7: dragon age II

well that was fun. much shorter than the first one. only took me 2 days to beat. i plan on playing through it again of course to try out a different class/different choices and such. i feel like it was easier than the first one a well, but it was definitely an all around better game. hopefully inquisitions will be really good too when i finally get around to actually playing that(hopefully EA will get around to fixing their shit so i can legally own it again lol)

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Axiom Verge, PS4, January 8th, 2017
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, 3DS, January 10th, 2017
Sportsball, Wii U, January 15th, 2017
Super Mario Run, iOS, January 17th, 2017
Pokemon Sun, 3DS, January 20th, 2017
Find Mii, 3DS, January 24th, 2017
Rhythm Heaven Megamix, 3DS, January 27th, 2017
Gunman Clive 2, 3DS, January 29th, 2017
Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, Steam, January 30th, 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes, iOS, February 4th, 2017

I've beaten some games (you can argue if Find Mii/FE Heroes count, in the case of FEH I just wanted to feel like I was done with it because I already felt like I did what there was to do in that game so lol) but I'm kinda prioritizing other stuff right now so I don't feel like posting about them in detail like I used to, not quite yet anyway

hopefully later, but feel free to ask any questions if you have any

2/7: dragon age II

well that was fun. much shorter than the first one. only took me 2 days to beat. i plan on playing through it again of course to try out a different class/different choices and such. i feel like it was easier than the first one a well, but it was definitely an all around better game. hopefully inquisitions will be really good too when i finally get around to actually playing that(hopefully EA will get around to fixing their shit so i can legally own it again lol)

only two days, is it seriously that short? thought DA was a longer series lol

Oh good then I will enjoy it. I know some people who do enjoy the game.

Alright time for that list which is not a list at all.

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, GBA/Virtual Console, February 3rd

- Being a Fire Emblem fan there are not a lot of FE games I beaten and The Sacred Stones was one of them until now. While I was playing the game I was told it is easy. It is easy but probably only because I was on the easiest difficulty so I am still yet to see if that is true. Despite it being easy I had a lot of fun with the game. I like the idea behind the Tower of Valni and Labdou Ruins. The tower you go up in floors while the ruins you go down and going through these places felt like going through a dungeon in an RPG and I thought that is a cool idea without the mechanics of Gaiden (Which I am very excited for its remake by the way). I will be real with you guys... When I saw Fomortiis I felt intimidated because he is the final boss and not to mention looks really cool but in reality he is weak as balls. It only took three of the twin relics to beat him but despite that I had a lot of fun and I'm glad I finally decided to try and beat it. This is the game that got me to realize that Ephraim is an excellent character. I will definitely play this game again but on a harder difficulty so that will be fun when it happens.

oh man you beat FE8 but... what got me was, for the first time? (I think you meant "I had not beaten", right?)

FE8 is indeed easy but that's not so bad. if it still forces you to put some thought and strategy into stuff then I think it did enough of a job. if you grind in the tower and stuff though that can definitely make it TOO easy though.

and the legendary weapons are kinda OP haha those draco zombies or w/e get destroyed by them IIRC and the final boss ends up being a cakewalk because of that too, I think he would need like 4x HP and a bit more defense to not be a total pushover lol, but it's also FE so designing tough but interesting final bosses can just be tough since the game is supposed to be about strategy too and not just having high stats and stuff XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

@DA being a short game: the first one took me a long time to beat...i think it was probably 80 hours I had on the completed file? I spent a lot of time doing stuff though, and it was more difficult so I had to start over a lot. The second one was easier, and just faster in general. The world is much smaller, mostly taking place in a single city(and the area just outside of it) instead of an entire continent like origins. That said 2 is the superior game. Story was more compelling, characters were better written, graphically it's a gorgeous world, and the only real drawback I saw was that a few quests would have you go to "new" areas that were suspiciously identical to places you had already visited lol.

#12 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:56 AM

I've been thinking about this and procrastinating, good job covering for my laziness lol

But then I was lazy and just quoted your post, so...

Axiom Verge, PS4, January 8th, 2017
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, 3DS, January 10th, 2017
Sportsball, Wii U, January 15th, 2017
Super Mario Run, iOS, January 17th, 2017
Pokemon Sun, 3DS, January 20th, 2017
Find Mii, 3DS, January 24th, 2017
Rhythm Heaven Megamix, 3DS, January 27th, 2017
Gunman Clive 2, 3DS, January 29th, 2017
Ys VI: Ark of Napishtim, Steam, January 30th, 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes, iOS, February 4th, 2017

You must have had  most of these games close to completion to have beaten them so quickly. XD FEH/Super Mario Run not counting. I know that was the case with Sun, at least.

I haven't beaten any new games lately because I've been playing simulation games that have no end. Yay!

IUfb9Eg.png

#13 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:49 PM

oh man you beat FE8 but... what got me was, for the first time? (I think you meant "I had not beaten", right?)

When I mean there are a lot of Fire Emblem games I have not beaten I mean I beaten at most 3. If we are including the different paths in Fates 5 which would kind of defeat my point when I say that since 5 is kind of a lot depending how you look at it.

FE8 is indeed easy but that's not so bad. if it still forces you to put some thought and strategy into stuff then I think it did enough of a job. if you grind in the tower and stuff though that can definitely make it TOO easy though.

Indeed which I didn't do a lot of so having to think strategically was still there.

and the legendary weapons are kinda OP haha those draco zombies or w/e get destroyed by them IIRC and the final boss ends up being a cakewalk because of that too, I think he would need like 4x HP and a bit more defense to not be a total pushover lol, but it's also FE so designing tough but interesting final bosses can just be tough since the game is supposed to be about strategy too and not just having high stats and stuff XP

I know. When I first fought a Draco Zombie with a regular weapon I realized how strong they are until I used a twin relic. I was honestly expecting Fomortiis to be more of a challenge but after attacking him 3 times and he went down I was like "... Is that serious it?" and felt disappointed but it was fun nonetheless.

Speaking of Fire Emblem I beaten another one so here we go.

- Fire Emblem Blazing Sword/Blade, GBA/Virtual Console, Febuary 10th 2017

Now this is the Fire Emblem game I have been meaning to beat for awhile now and with Fire Emblem Heroes being released and the Fire Emblem games still in development I have been playing a lot of Fire Emblem games so today Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem Blazing Sword or Blazing Blade which ever you want to go with. After playing the demo of Awakening so much I decided to go back and play the older games and I started with FE7. I think I made the right choice starting with this because it has the best tutorial for beginners as well getting used to the difficulty of how the games are meant to be. Even then at the time when Awakening was new I had trouble with how most units worked. Having gone back to it with a better understanding I was able to beat the morphs with little trouble and beat Nergal and the fire dragon. I am currently going through Hector mode which is a little harder even with trained units. I am very happy that I finally beaten this game.

#14 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

I beat Pokemon Sun today after holding off on it for awhile. Good game, definitely has a lot going for it in making it a favorite for me in the series. My biggest complaint with it is the removal of the fantastic PSS from X/Y and OR/AS. Needing to go into the plaza every single time I want to check on my GTS status or battle someone is a bit annoying. It also removes the randomness of fighting someone you don't know at all, since in the PSS you could just tap a face and challenge them. 

That said, that being my biggest complaint is pretty impressive. I enjoyed the story, new Pokemon, and even the weird difficulty curve that allowed me to beat the Elite Four with Pokemon underleveled by like 10 levels. Solid game. 

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#15 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

7th Dragon III: Code VDA, 3DS, Feb 16th

Overall it was a fun and challenging game. I'm not fond of the language problems and the fact that certain people needed clothes, but the battles were fun and the ending was satisfying.

IUfb9Eg.png

#16 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

It has been awhile so I have beaten more games but not by much.

Super Mario World

- The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Switch/Wii U, March 8th

I have been so excited for this game as well as everyone else because as you all know Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild has been the most anticipated game for the last... I would like to say four years but I am not 100% sure on that. Anyway Breath of the Wild at first was weird how it worked but as I got used to it the more I liked how it worked. When you start the game you start with nothing. You start off with no equipment and that includes the clothing. It is pretty obvious that exploration is what you do a lot and doing the exploring you will find many things but one those things are mostly shrines as they are very important. All of the boss fights except Thunderblight Ganon are really fun so skipping a boss fight is very unlikely because they give pretty good rewards. I will also mention that it is easy to die in this game because there is many ways that could get you killed from being knocked off a high cliff to being overwhelmed. That is all I will say as I don't want to say too much as learning everything firsthand is more fun that way. If you like open world games like Skyrim then you will enjoy this game.

#17 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

Fable Anniversary - again... for like the 6th time..... not even counting my playthroughs of the original and The Lost Chapters. Gosh I've played that story 20+ times if I counted all versions of the game.

Farcry 4 - Fun but it made me realize how much I loved the tropical setting of Farcry 3.

Halo Wars 2 - ..... can that even be called a story? Not a fan of the campaign but multiplayer is fun so I can forgive it.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#18 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

When you start the game you start with nothing. You start off with no equipment and that includes the clothing.

I will also mention that it is easy to die in this game because there is many ways that could get you killed from being knocked off a high cliff to being overwhelmed.

So is this like, a survival game?

IUfb9Eg.png

#19 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

So is this like, a survival game?

No it is just another Zelda game but more on exploration than anything. It is just easier to die in Breath of the Wild if you don't time your dodges to slow down time to get in flurry attacks.

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns. 3DS, March 12th.

Technically, simulation games have no end, but in this case, I was forced to watch the credits twice due to finishing the story one day and getting married the next. And I consider forced credit-watching to be a sign that I have 'beaten' it. lol

It's better than Story of Seasons by far, but as my friend emi says, that's not saying much. (SoS was pretty bad. It was so grindy that they had to make a new game mode because even the JAPANESE were complaining about the amount of grinding involved.) SoS2 still has its flaws, but it's generally more fun than the previous entry in the series.

IUfb9Eg.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users