Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

> What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

• Please log in to reply
730 replies to this topic

#41 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Gintama (as if that wasn't obvious enough already). I'm fully caught up with the old episodes, so I must heatedly wait for the new ones.

Or rewatch it. I could do that, but I don't have very good history with rewatching anime.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#42 xXtechnoliveXx

xXtechnoliveXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Gaming,pokemon,Kingdom Hearts :3

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well i dont like watching overrated animes, you people know what those animes are... you know naruto and bleach.. not saying they are bad animes but if you really want to watch some amazing animes watch Another,Elfen Lied,ergo proxy.. they are not very well known and i think peeps here will enjoy them
tongue.gif
user posted image

#43 Nils

Nils

Makes poems so bad you will cry.....out of pity xD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Playing the guitar<br>Listening to Music (Rock, some jazz and a little bit of classical music)<br>Fire Emblem (Of course)<br>Video games in general (mostly FPS and RPG)<br>Reading<br>Cooking<br>Flying (Piloting)<br>Archery

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm currently watching One Piece and I'm enjoying it. Naruto was good until it got REALLY complicated in Shippuden.

What is Samurai Champloo about?
Hey everyone! If you're a KH or FF fan, please come to Castle Oblivion to discuss things about them!

Its a bit late now since the forum is practically dead. I almost keep this sig PURELY for sentimental value xD

user posted image

#44 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Literally just started Robotics:Notes

I wonder how it will turn out. I have the first 10 episodes downloaded, and have extremely slow internet here at home, so lets hope I don't enjoy it too much and watch all 10 too quickly and end up wanting more...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#45 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

lol, that's some unfortunate logic you have to follow... "I hope I don't like it so I don't feel bad about not being able to get more quickly" XD

Fairy Tail will probably be on a break for some while (details are shady but it'll probably be back in a few weeks) SO I'll only be watching Naruto and One Piece for my weekly anime dose... it might be time to pick up something new though ._. so many suggestions have been given and yet when it comes down to it idk what I'd watch XD meh, if I really care I'll figure it out eventually

also I stopped watching Naruto SD: Lee Sidestory or whatever the crap it's called, it got too boring and repetitive :|

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#46 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

It is unfortunate haha, but nothing worse than watching something amazing, and not having the next episode to watch...

Fairy Tail were changing animation studio was it? Or did I mishear?

Definitely watch Fate/Zero. The first episode is all exposition and is an hour long, but don't let that colour your opinion of the show, it gets faster and better. The first episode is just for exposition and explaining the whole show.
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#47 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

oh gosh

then I'll need to watch it when I'm in a patient mood lol

there's also like Code Geass and a bunch of other bandwagon shows ><

With Fairy Tail, I didn't hear that, my understanding was that the anime is too close to the manga so they're taking a bit of a break and changing the TV schedule and just showing re-runs and the such, and that they'll be back in a month or a little later or something. Then again I didn't really do TOO much research, just a quick google search or two, I don't care all that much, though I kind of hope they don't change the animators since I like the animation style of Fairy Tail, it's kind of one of the few reasons I like it, the quality of the animations is high IMO compared to like... well, One Piece (those lazy freaking animators for OP, urgh >_<')

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#48 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Thats why I never watched One Piece, when I saw the earliest incarnation of it with it's sluggish animation and pastel colouring. I vowed to never watch it.

I have only ever read the manga, and I own most of the books from 1 - 64 with a few gaps of about 20 books missing maybe. I love it, but could never watch it.

Code Geass is completely worth it as well, it's one of those shows where you'll watch 2 episodes thinking that will be enough, and then suddenly it's 4am and you've watched all 25 in one night...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#49 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Blazer @ Mar 30 2013, 05:24 PM)
oh gosh

then I'll need to watch it when I'm in a patient mood lol

there's also like Code Geass and a bunch of other bandwagon shows ><

With Fairy Tail, I didn't hear that, my understanding was that the anime is too close to the manga so they're taking a bit of a break and changing the TV schedule and just showing re-runs and the such, and that they'll be back in a month or a little later or something. Then again I didn't really do TOO much research, just a quick google search or two, I don't care all that much, though I kind of hope they don't change the animators since I like the animation style of Fairy Tail, it's kind of one of the few reasons I like it, the quality of the animations is high IMO compared to like... well, One Piece (those lazy freaking animators for OP, urgh >_<')

http://www.animenews...ntinued-message

Coming back in April.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#50 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

WATCH CODE GEASS.

DO IT.

Right now, I'm watching Gundam SEED. Little over halfway through it, and I'm really enjoying it.
user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#51 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Oh man, the feels I'm having right now.

Just finished Angel Beats started watching it at 7 and finished it a couple minutes ago. Man, such a great show.

Posted Image

#52 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I think Angel Beats is a bit schyzophrenic when it comes to execution, half an episode spent on somebodies harrowing past, the other half spent trying to catch a giant fish.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#53 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Mar 31 2013, 06:14 AM)
I think Angel Beats is a bit schyzophrenic when it comes to execution, half an episode spent on somebodies harrowing past, the other half spent trying to catch a giant fish.

Yeah, the pacing of the show was pretty bad. It was originally supposed to be a 26 episode series but it got cut in half. Still think the show is great though.

Posted Image

#54 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hmm, It was meant to be 26 episodes eh? I didn't know that, I think that would have given the show the pacing it deserved, or it might have dragged it out too long. We'll never know. Either way, a fine show, the side characters made it, especially Tenshi, I really hated the main guy
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#55 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

I liked Otonashi. He is like me except more apathetic.

Posted Image

#56 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I seem to hear rather inconsistent reports about the episode count.

Sometimes people say it was supposed to be 24, sometimes 26, some people claim there was no such initial plan, and I never bother to check.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#57 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Psycho-pass.

Let's just say that three things sold me.
1) The fact that, once I'm done with it, I can claim I legally own it via ordering through Funimation (2014 sale date)
2) This post:
QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Mar 25 2013, 02:30 PM)
Psycho Pass
Genre: Crime, Psychological, Philosophical, Detective

Fascinating show that just finished airing a few days ago. Interesting plot with a lot to say about our perceptions of society and what we believe. Story revolves around a police unit in the future who are agents of Sybil, a system that uses scans and mental check-ups to determine whether people are dagerous to society or not. Things go tits-up when people who are unaffected by the judgings of Sybil show up and are seemingly immune to the law.

Go watch it

3) The fact that the development held 2 tenants clear to it, both of which I love: The outright refusal of use of moe as development and the close holding of psychological writers to it (one key writer worked in both Evangleion and Madoka. I haven't taken time to watch Madoka, but I know how key psychology is in both)

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#58 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (kirant @ Apr 1 2013, 01:59 AM)
Psycho-pass.

1) The fact that, once I'm done with it, I can claim I legally own it via ordering through Funimation (2014 sale date)
2) This post:
Psycho Pass

Fascinating show that just finished airing a few days ago. Interesting plot with a lot to say about our perceptions of society and what we believe. Story revolves around a police unit in the future who are agents of Sybil, a system that uses scans and mental check-ups to determine whether people are dagerous to society or not. Things go tits-up when people who are unaffected by the judgings of Sybil show up and are seemingly immune to the law.

Go watch it

3) The fact that the development held 2 tenants clear to it, both of which I love: The outright refusal of use of moe as development and the close holding of psychological writers to it (one key writer worked in both Evangleion and Madoka. I haven't taken time to watch Madoka, but I know how key psychology is in both)

I finished it yesterday myself, I had no idea a key writer from Madoka/Eva worked on it, so thats where a lot of the Monologues come out of, I see the resemblance now, even in the overall themes. You already bought it via Funimation? Nice haha

Glad that my recommendation got somebody to watch it biggrin.gif
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#59 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Seraphinox @ Mar 31 2013, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (kirant @ Apr 1 2013, 01:59 AM)
Psycho-pass.

2) This post:
Psycho Pass

Go watch it

I finished it yesterday myself, I had no idea a key writer from Madoka/Eva worked on it, so thats where a lot of the Monologues come out of, I see the resemblance now, even in the overall themes. You already bought it via Funimation? Nice haha

Glad that my recommendation got somebody to watch it biggrin.gif

Haven't bought it yet, but today Funimation mentioned they'd sell it in NA in 2014. Because I, as someone who wants to stand on the side of companies, would require owning something if I see it, this is basically the green light for me.

Of course, yes, that does mean that I've already bought it...in the sense that the second I hit "play" on any video that my friends have sent me as a compilation of it, I'll be buying it.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#60 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

If I had the money, I would buy everything I like.

I have a good few dvds of stuff I like, but lack of money at the moment means I can't buy everything I wish.

Someday those Ghost in the Shell boxsets shall be mine, as well as the Evangelian Rebuilds in sexy Blu-ray
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users