Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  xcrash1998 : (30 November 2019 - 11:07 PM) New fictional holiday "Index Day"
@  Fire Blazer : (28 November 2019 - 08:52 PM) yeah just guest bots and stuff I think :( we really were active once upon a time though...
@  kirant : (26 November 2019 - 03:48 PM) No invasion. I imagine a lot of guest bots visiting for indexing purposes.
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:15 PM) How is most people online at 959 for the 8th of October of this year? Is that right? Did I miss something or was there somekind of spambot invasion?
@  xcrash1998 : (26 November 2019 - 02:06 PM) I know what you mean, it gets awkard to post something unrelated to the current conversation, and even if somebody picks up on it, it would just become a huge mess in the c hatbox if a multitude of groups talk about different topics.
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:45 PM) especially better imo if you want to update on a topic but like only occasionally (e.g. a project you're working on or a let's play of a game)
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) it's hard for me to explain precisely why but forums just like work better for meaningful discussion over a longer period of time ig
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) but that's def just not hte same ig, idk
@  Fire Blazer : (10 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) yeah, you can also kind of respond at your own pace on forums. Discord conversations are often like... it's awkward to respond to something that happened a while ago, especially if the server is active, but even just in general. since you sort of need to keep track of multiple conversations at once at times, and it's not like it has a good reply/quote system ala forums, closest thing really is to copy/paste or screenshot the text you're responding to and then type a response below
@  Elwood : (09 November 2019 - 11:29 AM) Adding on to what's been said, I just enjoy the order and structure of the forums. You can look through the threads and know exactly what people are talking about. Conversation get lost and buried on discord which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
@  kirant : (06 November 2019 - 05:31 AM) I enjoy that part of forums too. They become niche communities where you can have very specialized conversations as opposed to the cluttered mess in Discord.
@  Ezra : (31 October 2019 - 01:17 AM) Yeah, part of me wishes I could go back to the times forums were more prevalent. I really enjoyed how even several different forums based off the same franchise could feel so different. It's not like what we now is bad though, I just feel nostalgic for old times.
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:39 AM) also forums in general are just not as prevalent, there are so many other ways to interact these days, like Twitter, FB, Tumblr, etc., where you can just throw your thoughts into the void. I think that's the real issue and that the only people rly interested in forums these days are either super dedicated to whatever they're about, have a specific reason/need to (e.g. support forums), or grew up with them and are thus attached to the idea enough to continue to try and use them (this was kinda me for a while lol but things happen, I couldn't keep it up forever)
@  Fire Blazer : (30 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) I've posted on SF for various reasons ofc but in terms of like making friends and stuff it's p. much just been smaller groups/forums, yeah. mainly FES
@  Elwood : (27 October 2019 - 10:08 PM) Only reason I'm even on Serenes was because I had hacking questions. @Ezra yeah I figured it must be an age thing. I've been called an old man by many a child because I use Facebook.
@  kirant : (26 October 2019 - 09:39 PM) It's strange. I don't think I've ever posted on Serenes...period. I've always been a fan of smaller forums.
@  Ezra : (26 October 2019 - 05:49 AM) I think it's because a lot of newer FE players didn't frequent forums growing up. And those that do probably end up on Serenes.
@  Elwood : (25 October 2019 - 07:30 AM) I would love to revitalize this place I'm just not sure how that would be done. I mean with how main stream FE seems to have become I'm honestly surprised we don't have more members.
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 08:04 PM) tfw u not coming here results in not seeing a PM from last month T_T ok gonna try and check at least every couple weeks now even if there's nothing here, lol...
@  Fire Blazer : (21 October 2019 - 07:54 PM) I come here almost never because I've fallen out of habit and basically just accepted the forums are dead :( it's neat you come here every day tho

Photo

Summer Anime Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:17 PM

Sooo, next season is coming soon, any recommendations?

http://anichart.net/summer

The only thing I'm personally definitely interested in/going to watch is Gatchaman Crowds Insight, because the original was a great show, super insightful and stuff (even if it had a few things I didn't like), I even gave it a 10/10 just because it's good parts were really good, though now I think I might down it to a 9/10 since more time has passed,haha.

Aside from that, there's a lot of usual anime stuff I'm not interested in (too many shows trying to sell of all-girls/cute girls/whatever) and a lot of sequels (2nd or 3rd seasons and such) so yeah, I'm not exactly hyped. Was wondering if there's anything that I should be looking out for that I couldn't tell based off looks/the description since I can't really get a good grasp over everything with just that and I can only do so much research (that and I only want to do so much, if you know what I mean).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

There's Dragon Ball Super which I'm gonna watch of course. Unless it turns out to be worse then GT then I'm jumping straight off that train. There's also the God Eater anime, interested in the games but never got them. Hopefully it will be good as a standalone thing. Gangsta looks humorously edgey. Joukamachi no Dandelion seems interesting. Mostly because the cover art is nice. It's like the anime Jersey Shore. Oh, and Bikini Warriors looks so quality. 

Pretty lackluster season.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

Not watching Dragon Ball unless I hear it's good, I really liked the original and DBZ but I'm not a fan of pretty much any of the new stuff that has come out since, so I'm not interested in it. Maybe if I hear it's super good then I'll pay it a little bit of attention, but I'm not a little kid anymore and I just don't care for DB right now.

GE is a thing where since I haven't played the game, it's eh. And I don't like the name or setting of the whole thing, sadly.

Gangsta's art style seems eh so I'm going to need more of a push for that before I make the jump. Same goes for pretty much anything else, I'm watching less stuff on a "whim" and just trying to watch what I think are the highlights of the season, lol.

Pretty lackluster season.

That being said, I gotta agree with this. Been this way in general. Not particularly upset over it or anything, I have plenty of other crap to do, but it is what it is.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

I'm gonna check out Dragon Ball super of course. I'm probably going to ignore everything else though.

Also I find it really surprising that monster musume is getting an anime adaptation. I seem to remember it being funny when I read the Manga, so maybe I'll check that out.

#5 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:35 AM

Oh man. I didn't know there was going to be a God Eater anime. I'm hyped for that now! I'm sad we still haven't had God Eater 2 localized...

I might watch Dragon Ball Super of course! But I'm probably only really gonna be hooked on Rin-ne and Ore Monogatari!! for the time being since they're both super fun and I love them.

I'll probably watch old stuff from years past instead..!

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

Going to watch God Eater since I plan to purchase the sequel.

That Dandelion thing looks like it's worth looking into one episode at least.

Overlord looks like it could be fun because MMO bias.

I'll watch the second season of Non Non Biyori if I can handle the sheer lack of civilization there again.

*looks at Gate*

Led by otaku soldier Youji

ugh I can already taste high school bullshit even WITHOUT the high school in this thing already (if it DOESN'T have a high school)

might try Chaos Dragon and Shirayuki just for the hell of it

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

I'm sad we still haven't had God Eater 2 localized...

Hopefully soon, I'm pretty sure plenty are waiting on that. Perhaps it'll get announced at E3 or after the PS4 version or whatever that Japan is getting (GE2 Rage Burst I think)

But I'm probably only really gonna be hooked on Rin-ne

Let me know how that is

I'll probably watch old stuff from years past instead..!

this is probably what I'm going to do, I have a backlog of anime (mostly Seraph's suggestions and such) that I'm thinking I'll tackle

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users