Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

What should I do with Donnel?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

First playthrough of dis gaem and I was wondering what I should do with Donnel

I'm about to play Chapter 10 and he's lv.15. Whats the level cap? and should I just change his class now or wait till later?
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#2 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:Brunettes<br>Being awesome<br>Meat products

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

Level cap for the villager class is 30. I would second seal him into something right now. I think you can do either mercenary or fighter? Pick one (can't go wrong with either) and just roll with it!

You can wait until higher level but his stats are going to be way overpowered (even now they probably will be) and you'll want him in a promoted class pretty soon to take advantage of those growths.
user posted image

#3 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

I suggest Mercenary over Fighter, unless for some reason you have a ridiculous abundance of axes for some reason, since mercenaries get Armsthrift, Heroes can use axes, and Sol is probably more helpful than Counter (even if the latter is far more broken.)

...I don't remember what Berserker skills were, though.

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Only go fighter if you plan on keeping him axes. Otherwise go mercenary. Immediately.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Carpe Diem Cras @ May 20 2013, 07:39 PM)
I suggest Mercenary over Fighter, unless for some reason you have a ridiculous abundance of axes for some reason, since mercenaries get Armsthrift, Heroes can use axes, and Sol is probably more helpful than Counter (even if the latter is far more broken.)

...I don't remember what Berserker skills were, though.

Berserkers get wrath and axefaire, I believe. I don't think Donny can be a berserker though. Pretty sure his class options are:

Merc-> hero/bow knight
Fighter-> warrior/hero
user posted image

#6 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

oh right fighters promote to hero and not zerker

huh

/avoids using fighters too much

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#7 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

But fighters are neat!

... if their names are Barst, Orsin, Halvan, Boyd, Nolan or Vaike

Also, random thought, but is Vaike the ONLY playable fighter without reclass? Even counting spotpass teams?
user posted image

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well Basilio is a Warrior so that sort of counts as being a fighter.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Vaike/Basilio!Morgan would also be a fighter, right? Then there's spotpass, I suppose, but I wouldn't really count that.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#10 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ May 20 2013, 10:22 PM)
Vaike/Basilio!Morgan would also be a fighter, right? Then there's spotpass, I suppose, but I wouldn't really count that.

Ah, true. I guess there's that.

Are there even any spotpass fighters...? I'm racking my brain but I can't think of any.

user posted image

#11 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Dagdar's a warrior... and that's it. Wow, that really surprises me. I mean, Boyd at least should be in, IMO, as well as maybe one of Orsin/Halvan.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#12 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

So I made him a Mercenary and he's probably the most OP thing on my team except for maybe Cordelia.

Shit's good.

Are there any marraige preferences? I married him to Sully because she helped him level up early on and it's my first playthrough, I thouht why ever not
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#13 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

I think Kjelle's one of the better children for using in-game (no idea about post-game) so that's probably as good a pairing for him as any. Make sure you dequip Aptitude and then reequip it before you enter Kjelle's paralogue so that he passes it down to her.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#14 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

marriage and children, minor spoiler on names and etc (Click Here To Hide/Show Text)
I've never been big on Kjelle because I've never really used Sully, but from what I know, Donnel!Sully is a cool pairing. Gives Kjelle some nice class/skill options if you're into reclassing and all that. She can either be a ridiculous damage dealer with luna/galeforce/sol etc or ridiculous tank with aegis/pavise/sol etc.

Protip: for passing down skills to children, make sure the skill you want to pass down is the last one in your skill slots. Each parent passes down one skill.

Passing down aptitude will make Kjelle even more OP than her dad because of them growth rates. Or if you don't care about growth rates (you can infinitely grind, anyway...) you can pass down Counter for the lulz (it's male-specific so Sully's daughter can't learn it on her own).

user posted image

#15 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

So I got Kjelle, she's a Knight with probably some of the best stats I've ever seen, my god.

As for Donnel, is he supposed to be this broken? He's a level 10 Mercenary with Strength, Speed and Luck all capped. He seems like RNG blessed Ross from Fe:8, except to the nth degree
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#16 V'ren

V'ren

[Dongers Intensifies]

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:ur mum ecksDEEEEEE

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Donnel is the best worst unit you're going to get in FE:A. Yeah, with Aptitude, he caps everything quickly, but he also has some of the worst stat caps out of all your units. His only redeeming factor is that he can abuse Armsthrift super hardcore with just a tonic or a pair-up that gives at least +2 luck.

Read as: He starts out bad, becomes good, and then falls off in the end.
Though you can still solo with him in Normal and Hard

Kjelle's a pretty okay in-game unit , yeah, though if you pass down Counter, you lock her out of Aptitude, and vice-versa.

If you train your already good sense of proportion and get a better sense of shading and coloring... ...you really have great odds of being the next great customer around this forums and even FEND, congrats. :3

#17 Bobryk

Bobryk

;/

• Veterans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, his caps are comparatively low, but in the main game he should still steamroll pretty much everything.

Also, if most of his stats are capped I would promote him ASAP. I don't think the mercenary lvl 15 skill is worth it. (Armsthrift is base, right?)
user posted image

#18 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

The problem I had with Donnel was his abysmal (as in I-need-a-pairup-to-not-get-ORKOD abysmal) start. As far as being OP goes, Wyvern Panne OHKOing stuff with a bronze axe is pretty great. Then there's Nosferatu and Avatar...

Merc's level 15 skill is Patience. +10 hit/avo on EP is nice, but not great.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#19 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ May 24 2013, 12:08 AM)
The problem I had with Donnel was his abysmal (as in I-need-a-pairup-to-not-get-ORKOD abysmal) start

That was the trouble I had, hence why he was paired up with Sully so much. She was essentially his training wheels...
QUOTE (The Best Matt)

QUOTE ( Oblivion)

user posted image

#20 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

(as in I-need-a-pairup-to-not-get-ORKOD abysmal)

*recalls how every unit not Frederick was that (or worse) in early Lunatic*

@_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users