Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

The Last Promise

• Please log in to reply
1268 replies to this topic

#1241 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Also one last thing (for now anyway)

Why is Shuuda so powerful? I mean I understand we all like Merc/Heroes, and I'm one of them, but his stats (and growths) ridiculously unbalanced.

I know, there's a lot of things in the hack that could also qualify as something that needs balancing, but if he can stand up to the high-def Knights and Generals you encounter in Siegfried mode even with weapon triangle disadvantage, don't you think that might be at the very least weird?

I'll take a look at the bases.

9 str: Even with swords, he still one-rounds most things. And the things he can't, he can switch to an Iron Blade you can buy early on and he will.
12 speed: He doubles literally everything in the mode, except for Cid.
6 Def/22 HP: Adequate enough to take more than 2 hits early on.
10 Con: Nothing will ever weigh him down except for an Armorslayer (by 1 AS) and Iron Blade (by 2 AS). But given his overkill speed, the weapon weight won't affect much.

My suggestion that'll probably not be looked at because there's probably better ways on how to fix this, is as such:

I think the best bases for him would be:

22 HP (kept the same)
7 Str (He really needed the nerf here)
12 Skill (I suppose this can be kept the same)
10 Speed (he needed the nerf here too)
5 Luck (kept the same)
6 Def (kept the same)
3 Res (Kept the same)
8 Con (nerfed... plus looking at his mug, he really doesn't look like a 10-con merc... I think MageKnight404 can vouch for me on this.)

He's still a strong unit worth using, even with those nerfs. But at least he isn't entirely broken in Siegfried Mode.

#1242 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well, I appreciate your insight, but there are a couple more... less concrete things I'd like you to keep in mind. First, very few people complain that Shuuda is OP; most sword-users are relatively strong as their competition is high and lance-users are relatively abundant. Also, Shuuda is a total glass cannon - you personally may have been blessed regarding his level-ups but the only stats he's supposed to do well in are strength, skill, and speed--he's rather fragile in the long-run so while he's great for offense having to save and heal him constantly can be rather troublesome.

That being said I'll look into at least nerfing his skill/speed a little bit since that's the main thing that gives him an advantage. As for higher-than-normal-strength, that's part of what makes him more unique; I want him somewhere in between say, Tekun (high strength) and Logan (low strength). I also want him to be offensively reliable from the get-go, something a lot of units you get aren't (they need help killing stuff, have lower hit rates, etc.).

So yeah, I'll definitely take another look but I probably won't be making any significant changes, right now he's about on par with the other sword-users, though it may not seem like that too much. I know my Shuuda ALWAYS falls behind right about when he promotes (of course again personal playthroughs, so if I listened to myself I'd probably have to buff his defense lol), especially because enemies in this game can have high HP and higher attack, meaning they're more likely to survive a couple hits and give you one back, as opposed to normal FE where units generally don't do as much damage and also fall a lot easier, even if they're promoted.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1243 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

I actually think that Shudda is well balanced, mainly due to the fact that he starts to get worse as the game progresses, as Blazer said. I almost always ended up benching my Shuuda in favor of someone with higher dodge/defense.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#1244 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Idk, he was a one-man wrecking crew in Siegfried Mode. Through 5 playthroughs of the game however, only once did he actually rounded out from his OP stats, so maybe I personally got blessed. Still though, it's something to look at. I'd especially mess around with the Con though, his mug doesn't look like someone who could lift Killer Axes without breaking a sweat. He looks more like a Raven-type. Just my opinion though.

#1245 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well, if you want, I can try to back it up with a little more "evidence" so to speak (growth rates, average stats, comparison to similar units, etc.) and do a sort of deeper analysis. It might work for or against me, tbh, and it's time-consuming, but if it will please you I can arrange it. Otherwise I'll likely just do a quick couple calculations and then make a small adjustment or two as necessary.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1246 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

Well, some growths would be nice. I can do the calculations myself.

#1247 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

HP, Strength, Skill, Speed, Defense, Resistance, Luck

Notice his low defense/resistance growths while his offensive growths are subpar (to go along with his already high bases). He's already relatively disproportionate and his growths stretch him more that way (as opposed to growths counteracting low bases or changing the general nature of a character overtime; a lot of people make the mistake of making say, myrmidons have not only a low strength base, but a low growth, and a high speed base with a high growth, such that they end up becoming overly polarized, but in this case that polarization is more intended than not).

I don't have his bases on me but let me know what you work out with the relevant calculation results included (posting his original bases might help too since I've forgotten them lol).

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1248 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

Man, I wish I knew the averages for this game. 50% in all three stats sounds really high, but that may be because I always use 30-35% as a baseline "average"

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#1249 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Have the Hero promotion gains changed in this hack? If not I'll just use the ones from FE7.

#1250 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

@kirant by other GBA game standards yes they're rather high but the growths in TLP in general are higher than normal, much like FE13's--but no, I didn't "copy" FE13, TLP and FE13 just happened to share a lot of concepts/ideas (which is partially why I loved FE13, since it's an actual professional game that did a lot of the stuff I was looking for in a Fire Emblem game).

@Black Man too lazy to look up originals and NORMALLY I'd be too lazy to even look up what they currently are... but I actually did so

HP, Strength, Skill, Speed, Def, Res, Luck and Con not included

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1251 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Oh, right, so they're the exact same.

At 20/20, which is assumable since it's easy to get to 20/20 in this game, Shuuda is on pace to max Str, Skill, and Speed with the current set of growths he has.

He is also on pace to have 15.6 Defense, 14.5 Resistance, and 54.5 HP. The 54 HP is nice, and while the defenses are not that impressive, his offensive skills more than make up for it IMO.

I'll even rewind a bit and put him at 20/10, for those that might've used him less.

47/23/28/26/13/12/12
w/Silver Sword (S)- 36 Atk, 147 Hit, 19 Crit, 64 Avoid
w/Iron Axe - 31 Atk, 137 Hit, 14 Crit, 64 Avoid

At this point of level, the only units who have higher power is Eduardo, Mark, and Yue.

...Okay, Sai too, but who cares about him, really? >.>

But yeah, that's some select company right there if you ask me. Even at 20/10, he still has no problem one-rounding things on sight. I don't think I even have to say anything more about that. biggrin.gif

#1252 Snow

Snow

The Combat Medic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:Tons of stuff, figure them out yourself.

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

He might be one rounding things but he is also 2 rounded by most of the enemies once you reach the point in the game that he can promote and reaches level ten (like your exapmle). Those Stats look roughly the same as my Shuuda (even though my Shuuda consistantly got screwed XD), and he always dies because I get unlucky and he gets hit alot by the enemies, especially in the late game part where he can barely survive if I'm lucky.
Also the three examples you gave:
- Eduardo: he is sorta like Shuuda. He has very little defense, but unlike Shuuda he also has tons and tons of HP (He had a 130 growth iirc). This is useful but you still have to be careful when using him or he will be killed. This is offset by his lower skl and spd.
- Mark: He is an axe user >_>
- Yue: The first of the two Dark magic wielding mages you get in the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This won't be removed until Chile wins the World Cup - Started 24/06/12
BTW, I take map requests if anyone wants to make one XD, just send me a PM and I'll most likely accept. If you wanna see some of previous work you can visit my gallery here, I'd skip to the end because I've improved alot XD.

#1253 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Snow @ Aug 10 2013, 04:00 AM)
He might be one rounding things but he is also 2 rounded by most of the enemies once you reach the point in the game that he can promote and reaches level ten (like your exapmle). Those Stats look roughly the same as my Shuuda (even though my Shuuda consistantly got screwed XD), and he always dies because I get unlucky and he gets hit alot by the enemies, especially in the late game part where he can barely survive if I'm lucky.

Also the three examples you gave:
- Eduardo: he is sorta like Shuuda. He has very little defense, but unlike Shuuda he also has tons and tons of HP (He had a 130 growth iirc). This is useful but you still have to be careful when using him or he will be killed. This is offset by his lower skl and spd.
- Mark: He is an axe user >_>
- Yue: The first of the two Dark magic wielding mages you get in the game.

True, but he has the offense that most units don't really have. I listed Eduardo, Yue, and Mark because they are comparable offensively. Also, it doesn't matter if Yue is a dark magic user or Mark's an axe user, because they're still the only units that have higher str at 20/10 than Shuuda does. (in Yue's case, Mag) Then there's also Gary, who essentially has every offensive stat capped.

Mark, Eduardo, and Yue's speed are all lower than Shuuda's, but they're also just enough to double non-swordmaster enemies.

#1254 Zhoaer

Zhoaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

Is the star in the top-right corner of the Constellation not finished yet? It's not titled and just freezes.

#1255 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Nope, it's not finished, sorry. sad.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1256 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

New release is out. Check the blog for info. http://www.thelastpromise.net

tl;dr bug fixes in version 2.1, an easy mode, and a demo of chaos mode (see the video at FEE3 for a small idea of what it may be like)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#1257 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

This is just me asking, but is the 2.1 patch compatible with the open beta? (I only took a quick glance on my phone so...) Also, and I guess this is obvious, but the fixes include that upper right corner star, some paired endings (darn Awakening with its dual everything, making me confuse my words), supports that the players achieved stay in the support log and other stuff right?

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#1258 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

2 questions

1. Do you still recruit Noah later on if you don't recruit him in in the Prologue? I kinda want to bum rush that chapter and see if I can get the gaiden (Ch7x)
2. Has the gaiden requirements for that said chapter 7x been fixed? It's completely finicky and doesn't always work. (or maybe your site's info is incorrect)

#1259 Zhoaer

Zhoaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, you can still get Noah back if you got him during Siegs story.

#1260 Black Man

Black Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Zhoaer @ Sep 5 2013, 07:21 AM)
Yeah, you can still get Noah back if you got him during Siegs story.

I know I can. I'm just asking if I can get him later on without getting him in Sieg's story. The less time wasted getting to him the better to get the gaiden chapter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users