Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Official FES Splicing Contest

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Welcome to the Weekly Spriting FES Contest. Your job is to create a mug using only what is given to you by me or some other staff. You may only use parts of those 2-3 mugs, and that NO LONGER includes colors.

You get a week from when the mugs are posted to create your splice and post it here. You may edit it as the week goes on, but at the end, I am taking whatever you posted last, so be forwarned.

At the end of the week, I will gather all the submissions and create a poll for the public to judge. This is to avoid any judge bias or anything. It is simply which one the public likes the best. If you lose, be a good sport. If you win, your name will be put in the "Contest Winners" topic once it is created. If you get a big enough streak....I dunno, you might get a special prize =P

NOTE: Minor customing is allowed, but not that it takes a majority of the mug <.<

Mugs for week 2:
user posted image
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

When are the portraits going to be posted? If you're waiting for the week 1 winner, you might as well not, and just go ahead and put up the portraits. I have to admit, I'm a little anxious to get started. happy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

The reason I took longer, as I wanted to test if it was easier to splice this time then last. So I made an entry myself...

Namely:

user posted image

This <3
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#4 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

Expect my entry soon. ;D
Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:23 AM

Excuse me, but we CAN use our own colors, right? ohmy.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:09 AM

Either FElover broke his own rules or we are. Being color restricted gained many complaints last time anyway, so I'd assume so.

*Doesn't want to join the competition, since it might discourage the newer splicers from entering. I'm not good, but I've got more experience on me then they do*

#7 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (Felover3 @ August 07, 2009 10:27 am)
Welcome to the Weekly Spriting FES Contest. Your job is to create a mug using only what is given to you by me or some other staff. You may only use parts of those 2-3 mugs, and that NO LONGER includes colos.

Yeah Blazer. We get to use any colors we want.

My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

user posted image

#8 Eclipse40

Eclipse40

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Spriting, Gaming, Badminton, Soccer, Track and field, watching T.V, camping, Archery.

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Tsuki-Hime @ August 08, 2009 08:09 pm)
*Doesn't want to join the competition, since it might discourage the newer splicers from entering. I'm not good, but I've got more experience on me then they do*

This.

In the other competition that's kind of what happened with my entry, so I'll sit out this time. tongue.gif I may enter the next one though. Just because I need some inspiration...

BTW, nice use of Natalie's hair Felover. smile.gif
user posted image
Hey! YOU!
Look left ------------> This is right. (YOU FAIL)

#9 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hmm, I think I'll join this one, Haven't sprited in ages but...

I'll have it up tomorrow
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#10 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hmm, after seeing Eclipse quote my statement, if the "experienced Spriters" sit out, that's no different from discouraging newer spriters.

This would only work if there was enough interest, but perhaps have two divisions? One for exprienced, another for newer spriters, mugset would be the same, and entry into the "newer spriters" would need to be requested by the member. Of course if you request to be new, and it's rejected, it's a sign that you're as good as the experienced ones ohmy.gif

Though this would be unneccessary if the 1st~3rd vote thing I suggested was implemented >_>

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Uh, perhaps if the level of spriting between the two is too distinct so as some people have practically no chance of getting anywhere, the competition could be split into two levels?

Blazer Presents (No This Is Not A Hack)

user posted image

I'm satisfied with everything except the colors... if it's not obvious enough where I used everyone, just ask and I'll spoil it.

EDIT: I totally missed Tsuki's post about splitting it up...

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hmm, I might as well enter and see what happens then.

user posted image

#13 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:32 PM

Well I just got knocked out of the competition XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#14 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

OH HERE'S MINE!
user posted image
=D

user posted image

#15 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'd join, but my computer I use for splicing has no internet (okay, it has internet, but only for about 8 seconds at most, and only after about 10 minutes of no internet). I figure that if people are being discouraged because they don't think they can win, then that's too bad for them. There's probably no chance of me winning for a long while, but it would still be fun to enter and compare mine to others'. One more thing, maybe you should offer a couple different sets for splices? I mean, there are only six splices without doing some really ridiculous things and ignoring color. If I manage to join, that'll be 5 out of 6 already.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#16 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

^ Having 6 characters to splice is waaaaayyyy to advanced for beginners and would discourage beginning spriters from entering.
I'd stay with the three set.

user posted image

#17 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

I meant that with three characters to splice there are only six possible combinations unless you are doing something besides one for face, one for hair, and one for torso. I was suggesting that there maybe be two or three different mugsets, but now I see that there would be some problems with that...
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

How are there only 6 splices? There's at least 20 significantly different ones you can make. You can switch around parts of hair, eyes, face, and parts of the armor. :\ I think there are more than just 6 options... o_o

Good luck joining though, and obviously people shouldn't not join just out of fear, you have nothing to lose, it's not brawl tourneys where you have to pay $5 for gas and $5 to enter. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

• Validating
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

^ Were you talking to me Blazer?
My entry was on the bottom of the last page.

user posted image

#20 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:27 AM

No, I was talking to Rujio, in response to his comment on the bottom of the last page.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users