Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Fire Emblem Marathon (Planning Thread)

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a streamed Fire Emblem marathon for FE1-12? Done through emulators, savestates are allowed, basically just want to go through every game and beat it somewhat quickly. But you don't have to be amazing at the game or a speedrunner or anything, basically just do what you can. You're free to even go through the story scenes too if you're so inclined, basically anything goes tbh.

I think we could give each player 5 days to beat their game max, but the faster the better: preferably in < 3 days. Preferably play on easier modes to limit restarts and such. We'll do them in order, so someone beats FE1 first, then FE2, then FE3, etc.

You have to be able to stream to twitch or something, we could have a dedicated channel for this, and just let people stream to that. Then we'll advertise a bit and people can just hop in whatever. I think the end-goal should be to beat all the 12 FE games by the end of say September. If we start like mid-August this gives us a month and a half. Just making stuff up but yeah, it won't be a true marathon because everyone has lives and all that.

So, anyone interested? if so, which games would you be interested in doing? We could possibly have people "take over" by sharing the savestates for certain games, that way another play can start playing where someone else left off, e.g. have one person to do Lyn's mode and another Eliwood's mode, or have one person do up to the route split in FE8, have someone else do the path up until they meet back up, and a 3rd person do up until the end of the game.

Let me know your thoughts, if you'd like to sign up for something (and if so how much you'd be willing to play, if you're comfortable streaming or need help, etc.), overall I think it'd be a cool idea! (We should try to keep it to FES people/cool people though, this is just for fun and all~)

FE1: Voffie

FE2: Cero

FE3: Cero (if no one else picks up)

FE4: Zac (looking for 2nd half help)
FE5:

FE6: DH_Ninja

FE7: Blazer (Lyn's Mode), Voffie (Eliwood Mode)

FE8: Blue Leafeon (Recorded)

FE9: Seraph

FE10: N7 Commander John

FE11: N7 Commander John (if no one else wants it)
FE12: Blazer (prefers help)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

I'd be down to help. I guess. No idea what games I would go over. Not FE4 or FE5. Beating them once is enough.

#3 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

I'm down to help, though my ones would have to be done before august 10th cause I'm leaving for college and won't have my equipment/know my free time. I could do 9 and 10 since I can emulate them lol. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#4 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

I'd be down to help. I guess. No idea what games I would go over. Not FE4 or FE5. Beating them once is enough.

rip, finding someone for these games is going to be tough

I'm down to help, though my ones would have to be done before august 10th cause I'm leaving for college and won't have my equipment/know my free time. I could do 9 and 10 since I can emulate them lol. 

pick fe1-fe3 since we're doing them in order, hue

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#5 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

I could do Eliwood mode and FE1. I don't mind starting.

FE1 stream in bound. This is going to be great. All me. The game will be a drag because lolFE1

#6 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:45 PM

This seems like a good idea. I don't have any way of streaming and I doubt my internet could take it anyway, or I'd DEFINITELY do FE8.

IUfb9Eg.png

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

I could do Eliwood mode and FE1. I don't mind starting.

FE1 stream in bound. This is going to be great. All me. The game will be a drag because lolFE1

yay. this helps. a lot

This seems like a good idea. I don't have any way of streaming and I doubt my internet could take it anyway, or I'd DEFINITELY do FE8.

I thought about it and a screenshot LP would be ok. See DH's screenshot LP of The Last Promise or google one for an example. however, it is a lot of work (moreso than just playing the game since you have to take screenshots and add comments, as opposed to just doing the playing and commentary at once) and you'd have to do it very quickly, but it's possible, and fine with me. :) you could start in advance and then once we get to FE8, post several times a day over the course of 2-3 days with the completed product. idk. wouldn't have to be very thorough.

up to you, just an idea, since more participants = cooler

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

I thought about it and a screenshot LP would be ok. See DH's screenshot LP of The Last Promise or google one for an example. however, it is a lot of work (moreso than just playing the game since you have to take screenshots and add comments, as opposed to just doing the playing and commentary at once) and you'd have to do it very quickly, but it's possible, and fine with me. :) you could start in advance and then once we get to FE8, post several times a day over the course of 2-3 days with the completed product. idk. wouldn't have to be very thorough.

up to you, just an idea, since more participants = cooler

Picture LP's are a lot of work and take up a lot of disc space lol.

If I can upload video sessions instead of just streaming it, I'm in. Being part of a project like this will give me more motivation to finish what I started. I'm only going to go Ephraim's route, however, because I have it more or less memorized and cannot play Eirika's due to having only ever beat it like, thrice. (The main issue is the part after Eirika and Ephraim reunite; enemy and player unit placements are mixed up so my strategies are thrown off completely.) So somebody else will have to do Eirika's route. I can put all the videos in a playlist so that they automatically move to the next one, making it kind of like a stream?

IUfb9Eg.png

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

I think that'd be ok, but you'd have to have it done soonish and then like, make them private, and then when it's time unleash them all over the course of 2 days or so. actually, a better idea would be to use YouTube's schedule feature and just schedule them for one hour after another, once we figure out when the FE8 run will roughly take place.

reason why is when I advertise it I want to be like

"Next up, Blue Leafeon is doing a run of FE8 on YouTube! He'll have new videos up all day every hour until he beats the game, so check it out at (insert link)!"

Hopefully that makes sense

Also, commentary is optional, I forget how much LPing experience you have or the like but if you're not confident in your commentary or your recording equipment or whatever feel free to pass. (Hopefully I'm not offending you here.)

We should have commentary for the streams though IMO~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

The problem is more or less my equipment and the lack of alone-time to record myself without interruptions.

But yes, that sounds good. I'll get to recording as soon as I beat Revelation. (I think I'm at the final chapter now.)

IUfb9Eg.png

#11 DH_Ninja

DH_Ninja

Pro Lurker

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:21 AM

I'll do Fe6

#12 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

I'll do FE2 if we start relatively soon. Gives me an excuse to play through the whole game lol. 

Posted Image

#13 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Count me in, happy to help with whatever games (1 and 2 I have the least knowledge of though)

I'd gladly do Fe9 or 10. Just need to redownload Dolphin and stuff because my copies of the games are in another country at the moment.

QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#14 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

I'll do Fe6

I'll do FE2 if we start relatively soon. Gives me an excuse to play through the whole game lol. 

Count me in, happy to help with whatever games (1 and 2 I have the least knowledge of though)

I'd gladly do Fe9 or 10. Just need to redownload Dolphin and stuff because my copies of the games are in another country at the moment.

yuuusz, great. I'll sign ya'll up/update the first post.

I'm kind of willing to do 9 or 10 (whichever Seraph doesn't do) in which case that would just leave FE3-5 and 11. However I'll gladly give up 9 or 10 if someone else would rather do one of them.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#15 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

sign me up for the first half of 4, and the second half if nobody else wants to do it.

#16 N7 Commander John

N7 Commander John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

I'll sign up for FE10!

and I'm down for FE11 as well.

John (N7 Commander John), YouTube/Twitch LP'er || YouTube || Twitch || Me kajeAii.pngwMvRlEq.png

Thanks Glac || It's now Day #10...

3DS Friend Code: 0533-4508-9354 || Nintendo Network ID: N7_Average_Azn

nxxQLeW.png

#17 Cheshire

Cheshire

Stranger with Candy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Everything Zen

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:43 AM

Aw... I would help if I could but my desktop doesn't have internet.
"Boney gets a boney thinking about Chesh's purring cat."

user posted image

#18 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

So when we getting this underway? We still need fe3-5. I could do fe3 if no one else picks it when we start/I finish fe2

Posted Image

#19 N7 Commander John

N7 Commander John

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

I don't know when this is going to be starting, but Blazer did mention to me that he wanted to have a central twitch channel that we could all stream to make it easier for the audience to watch. Twitch has a hosting feature that will let everyone use their own personal channel still, while letting everyone stream onto the central channel that he wishes to have.

This is the hosting feature that I am talking about.

John (N7 Commander John), YouTube/Twitch LP'er || YouTube || Twitch || Me kajeAii.pngwMvRlEq.png

Thanks Glac || It's now Day #10...

3DS Friend Code: 0533-4508-9354 || Nintendo Network ID: N7_Average_Azn

nxxQLeW.png

#20 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

First post mentions mid-august.

IUfb9Eg.png