Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

3DS/Wii U Virtual Console international release possible?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

I was checking Nintendo of Japan's website last night for new releases and I come to find out that apparently Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword was already released on the Wii U Virtual Console back in May. So I made a list of Fire Emblem games that were released on the Virtual Console service for the 3DS and Wii U:

Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light (3DS/Wii U)
Gaiden (3DS/Wii U)
Mystery of the Emblem (Wii U)
Geneaology of the Holy War (Wii U)
Thracia 776 (Wii U)
Blazing Sword (Wii U)
Sacred Stones (Wii U)

Shadow Dragon (Wii U)

Aside from Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, they're the usual Japan-only FE games. But with the boost in the series' popularity since Awakening's release and the added surge from Smash Bros, do you think there's a small chance a few of these can be released internationally?

Edited by Nephinel, 30 June 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

No, I really doubt that they would.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

I'm not sure what to expect, but I wouldn't mind the releases whatsoever, haha. Maybe we'll see something post-FExSMT if interest builds.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#4 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

the only one we're likely to see is mystery of the emblem, and i only say that because we got the first part of the story already. honestly i don't think Intelligent Systems believes FE is big enough to bother with virtual console releases(except maybe games already released outside Japan). that said i really want genealogy to be released to america in any way. i don't care if it's a Iphone/Android exclusive, i just want it.

#5 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Just to let you know that Gaiden and Sacred Stones have been released on the Wii U Virtual Console, so I'll edit that in the first post.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Yup, you're on top of things, haha. FE7 is out on the European Wii U eShop, meaning it's not entirely possible for us to get it in North America, too. I'd like to start talking about getting a translated version of FE6 here too, but... I should probably not get ahead of myself when there are so many other things kind of higher on the priority list XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:41 PM

Sorry for barely posting at all, but Blazing Sword will be coming to the US Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow smile.gif

http://www.nintendo....cf_5cpDcBQpv0wV

#8 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

/late

I saw that, still haven't gotten it but it's awesome

I will get it as soon as I have a tiiiiny bit more disposable income, haha. right now I just don't want to since I don't really intend to play it. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#9 Nephinel

Nephinel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

For you European fans out there, Shadow Dragon will be released on the E-Shop for the Wii U Virtual Console on July 2!

http://www.nintendo....gon-270825.html

Hope it gets a VC release in the US soon! I already have the game for the DS but I'll probably get it if/when I get a Wii U

#10 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:31 AM

Heyo, hopefully it comes to North America sooner than the other FE games did, though I won't hold my breath or anything, lol.

Here's some footage:

Hey, at least we're getting it. Clearly everyone should go buy the game and spam Miiverse about how we want an FE12 translation until we get it, because that will work, right?

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#11 Knight of Argentum

Knight of Argentum

Maximus Imperator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Saepe in arcas verborum scribere obliviscor.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

I just want the Japanese games out on the Virtual Console. They have released Japanese only games before, though. The closest chance we may get is probably going to be FE6 if Roy continues to grow in popularity.

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

you want the Japanese games but in English, right? lol. I'd be super happy about that but doubt it's going to happen without some kind of huge push/motivation. they had an opportunity when Roy came out (maybe alongside Earthbound Beginnings) but that's not really a thing now, haha. I can't really think of when they would have another good opportunity to launch a translated FE6 in a way that it would get attention, but who knows. funny enough, a game like that might even sell a few consoles, LOL.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users