Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

I made an alternate version of FE6

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:56 AM

I call it "Blazer Version"

You can download it if you want

It's not very good/intended to be balanced or anything. Just some changes I wanted.

Changes include:

- Increased growths (10% to all growths for most characters; 20% if they're super bad)

- Roy now has no auto-promotion but can promote via the Hero Crest (I think; I didn't test it or anything else in this hack). So now you don't have to wait until chapter 22!

- Slight more access to promotion items

- Gems give slightly more gold when sold (5,000, 7,500, and 12,500 gold for red, blue, and white gems respectively)

- Thieves have caps of 25 now

- Legendary weapon uses increased by 10

Reasoning for each:

- Make terrible units slightly more usable. Get RNG screwed slightly less, so basically instead of RNG abusing for better growths I can save my time/energy and just live with whatever results slightly buffed growths do. Yes, obviously increasing everything by 10% is not a great formula, but I'm ok with that: i wanted this to be done very quickly.

- This should be obvious. Now you can promote him whenever you're ready (within reason) instead of having to wait for chapter 22.

- Roy needs one, and in general getting them is kind of a pain, soyeah.

- Because gold is nice and I like to be generous.

- I felt bad for thieves after Molly/gyppygirl mentioned them, but I didn't want to buff them such that they suddenly filled in a very different role from the original (as I wanted to keep the experience of the overall game basically the same as the original, just with some small adjustments to make it more enjoyable). Thus this will really only help with speed and maybe skill, if that.

- Because legendary weapons break too quickly and were meant to be used, not kept away because we're too scared of losing them.

Sharing this because... idk, just felt like it.

That's all I got. yay for like, < 2 hours of hacking. Time to go play this and hope it works and is fun. Can't wait to use some trashy characters now that their growths are (hopefully) buffed just enough that the game is probably actually beatable with them without RNG abusing or being some kind of Fire Emblem-playing champion.

Note: this should be applied to an already patched/English version of FE6, specifically one that has already has this patch applied: http://serenesforest...41095&p=2457854

(Let me know if you try it and have any problems)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:58 AM

As I said on skype. You did it.

Yaaaay.

#3 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

Can't wait to use some trashy characters now that their growths are (hopefully) buffed just enough that the game is probably actually beatable with them without RNG abusing or being some kind of Fire Emblem-playing champion.

lol. TBH when I played FE6 all the way through, I had to go and do something very similar myself. And I STILL got put in check by some of the bosses. But I guess that's okay.

Then the latter half of the game became too easy somehow. Oops.

- Because legendary weapons break too quickly and were meant to be used, not kept away because we're too scared of losing them.

OMG, right? The terrible weapon use limits were pretty awful.

Is this translated or pure Japanese? lol

IUfb9Eg.png

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

lol this is cool. But I'm ok with vanilla fe6 so I'm gonna pass. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:52 AM

lol. TBH when I played FE6 all the way through, I had to go and do something very similar myself. And I STILL got put in check by some of the bosses. But I guess that's okay.

Then the latter half of the game became too easy somehow. Oops.

OMG, right? The terrible weapon use limits were pretty awful.

Is this translated or pure Japanese? lol

hahaha

I don't remember late-game FE6 much but we'll see how that goes

and uh sorry that's pretty important info, I'll add that to the first post.

Note: this should be applied to an already patched/English version of FE6, specifically one that has already has this patch applied: http://serenesforest...41095&p=2457854

(Let me know if you try it and have any problems)

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:56 PM

I updated the patch... the link is the same, basically everything should be the same, except that I fixed the fact that Roy actually promotes in chapter 21x because I didn't think to take that out. (I clearly didn't think this through a lot lol.)

Patch to a fresh ROM and just replace the old ROM, the saves should work. Alternatively I guess you could just repromote Roy using a Hero's Crest (I think it should work) but you risk losing stats due to Roy's unpromoted stat caps in the process, if you got his stats high enough by chapter 21x or whatever.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users