Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Lucina, Robin Announced for SSB4

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

While only Robin/"Avatar" (please do not fucking say "MU" that is so wrong) seem to be a totally unique character at this point in time, Chrom and Lucina have also been confirmed to be in Super Smash Bros. 4 in some way.

It is absolutely AMAZING for Fire Emblem to be getting this much attention, this is definitely one of the greatest highlights of the Fire Emblem community, like, ever.

Direct Link

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Female Robin is a nice touch.

Hopefully Lucina is more than a little different to Marth.

Still, I'm stoked.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I don't mind clones at all so eh, though it would've been cool to get more unique characters... but just having 3 is like, more than enough haha, I was ready to accept just two.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Roy's still my boy biggrin.gif

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#5 Seraphinox

Seraphinox

Scribe of the Heavens

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Lucina Mains gonna be everywhere.

So hyped for the news, i'm so happy that Fire Emblem is getting this type of recognition, it can only bode well!
QUOTE (The Best Matt)
"blazer posting sexy pictures.. was it tagged as blazzer?" 

QUOTE ( Oblivion)
Seraphiroth is over rated

user posted image

#6 Voffie

Voffie

He who might do things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Games. Anime. More games.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

Glad Fire Emblem got not one, but two new characters even if one of them is a clone.

#7 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I for one will be maining Robin. Lucina's cool, though I hope Chrom is at least a costume for her, because she learned fighting from him... Compared to Marth, I have no idea how similar she is, though of course she has a lot of potential, given that she spent quite a while cosplaying as him in Awakening. As others have said, she may be more agile, and have different on-hit properties with her attacks.

Mind you, I still would've been very okay with Tiki, Nowi, or on some tragically low off-chance, Panne. They would've been representative of Fire Emblem while being VERY different, gameplay-wise, from Marth.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Is it bad that I was a shit ton more excited when I saw Captain Falcon in that trailer compared to the FE characters?

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 kirant

kirant

I won't go until it's over

• Staff
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (ShadowCero @ Jul 14 2014, 10:11 AM)
Is it bad that I was a shit ton more excited when I saw Captain Falcon in that trailer compared to the FE characters?

Nope. That's just a natural reaction.

As will be mine if they ever confirm R.O.B.. Granted, I suspect it was a one-time novelty but it's heavy long-range fighter with massive recovery that is a robot. That's all I ever needed.

RedBlue.png
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

#10 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

The goldfishest memory ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Huh. Robin looks like they'll be fun to play.
As for Lucina... I am a Marth main, so I'll at least see how different she plays from Marth.

d1e502f831c13190dd34a16b376298af%20-%20C

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA, HERE'S YOUR COMPLIMENTARY

DIAL-UP INTERNET AND OVERLY-POISONOUS ARACHNID

#11 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

I am going to play almost everyone, but FE characters will definitely be higher up on my list. How could they not be?!

Considering the popularity of characters is a huge if not the biggest factor in choosing who from a large selection of characters to choose from, none of these really surprised me. I guess not having Chrom playable was a tiny bit surprising but not too much. After the fact though, I do feel a little bad, haha.

So hyped for the news, i'm so happy that Fire Emblem is getting this type of recognition, it can only bode well!

Ditto this and the Roy is my boy! stuff

too bad Roy is almost definitely not coming back QQ

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#12 Blitzzurger96

Blitzzurger96

BAZINGA!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:SAO, my anime club, Otaku Fest, FPS, Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings, D. Gray-Man, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Eater, etc.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

I checked SF just a bit whilr age and I guess a lot of people were fuming that there might be a Marth clone... Is it weird to say that even though I forgot what Marth's moveset is, I recognized Lucina's moveset from the Brawl mod of Marth? I also figured that people would've called for a lynching or something like that.

lucina_sig_by_blitzzurger96-d5zzbsy.png

Please click this link for easy, redeemable gift cards for things like Steam, PlayStation Network etc: http://free.dawn-dow.../?ref=DueGyrgQc

#13 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Apparently Lucina currently is nothing more then a slightly shorter copy-paste Marth with the tipper mechanic removed.

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

#14 Mercurius

Mercurius

Ars est celare artem

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, idealistic stories, MMOs, SRPGs, hunting games, FAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS-ness, and staying out of the social order.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLLLLLLLY MAINING FEMALE ROBIN.

TWINTAILS. YESZ.

I don't get the point of the bronze sword though (especially after Robin explicitly mentioned how he has a levin sword for a reason)

I believe in judgment of humans through their judgment of fiction, for nothing else tells better of their disposition freed from apprehension.

#15 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Tenebrae Candidae @ Jul 15 2014, 09:12 PM)
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLLLLLLLY MAINING FEMALE ROBIN.

TWINTAILS. YESZ.

I don't get the point of the bronze sword though (especially after Robin explicitly mentioned how he has a levin sword for a reason)

Possibly similar to how the tomes have limited uses, he only has a Levin Sword for a certain number of uses before it breaks... Or he gains the Levin Sword after the tome breaks.

#16 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

^That's what it seems like. It seems like you can use both. We'll get more information later on, I imagine.

As far as Lucina goes, I am neither surprised nor upset. Lucina was probably added later on to please fans. She could've just been like, ignored/not added altogether. We've had clones before and she at least is her own character. People were begging her to just be a new skin, now they're upset that she's "just a clone"? Man, get over yourself and stop whining so much, is what I say. And Lucina has very good reasons to be like Marth, unlike Roy--last I checked she not only imitates him and wields the same weapon but is also descended from him. >__________>

Freaking entitled whiners... *pouts because stuff like that upsets me easily*

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#17 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

From what I've heard Chrom will be Robin's final smash. He/she will pair up with Chrom like you can do in Awakening and do some kind of combo attack. That or he's an assist trophy.

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#18 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

I'm just gonna vent a bit about all the "LUCINA'S A MARTH CLONE FUCK THAT" stuff. It doesn't seem to be the consensus here, thankfully, but it irks me and I'm not barred from doing so here, so postarino we go.

Sure, the video showed Lucina using some of Marth's moves, but nothing's confirmed yet. Some of those may have been placeholders or whatnot. Regardless of how things seem now, I wouldn't write her off as a Marth clone until the game is released.

Even if it turns out she is one, that's not the end of the world. Wolf is a Fox clone, and yet they play moderately differently, IMO. Same with Ness and Lucas, to an extent. I don't see the point of shooting down hope for Lucina's originality just yet, or of pretending that clone characters aren't fun in their own ways.

I's kinda funny how quite a few people loved Roy and even want him back, and yet also condemn Lucina for potentially being a Marth clone. Hypocrisy, right there.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#19 Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jul 16 2014, 12:12 PM)
I's kinda funny how quite a few people loved Roy and even want him back, and yet also condemn Lucina for potentially being a Marth clone. Hypocrisy, right there.

Obviously you're missing the fact that Lucina even has the EXACT same idle animations, Roy's was at least different.
user posted image

Lucina's animations in general, aside from the counter stance seems to be executed exactly the same as Marth, too. Again, Roy had some slight animation/speed difference.

#20 Mankut

Mankut

Mega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:You

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

Wasn't excited for Robin at first, but after watching the trailer a bunch of times he's really grown on me. I think I'll probably main him (if Isaac isn't confirmed). I hope his hooded form is playable, because it looked seriously badass.

Lucina being a clone is disappointing, especially since there were so many skills that could be used to give her a distinct moveset.

I was seriously hoping for Leif to be playable for several reasons, but I knew it was a super long shot. Still disappointed though lol.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Fire Blazer -- Man Cute is on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users