Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Hack Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

I think it's a good idea too. Maybe a tiny bit unoriginal, but it's a good idea and I think it has a lot of potential. Keeping Anna in there is interesting and I think a lulzy hack would be great as long as it's not like the other comedy hacks and has immature jokes XD.

The reason why I said it's unoriginal is because people always have these kinds of ideas:

- Sequels or Prequels
- Remakes
- Combining games (includes crossovers or intertwining characters from series)
- Bland spin-offs (includes reskins [most common type of hacks] and "approaching from another view" hacks[for e.g. "play as the Black Fang!"])
- Go into some past that didn't have much detail in the original story but is highly talked about--most commonly "Fight as the Scouring Heroes!", also includes "Joshua and Caellach when they were young" and "Greil's past"--other ideas besides these ones that people always have are fine.

You fall in the category of combining games. Original games are original so there are ton of possibilities. If you can get something that isn't in one of those categories and isn't an original game, you almost definitely have a good idea for a hack. Still, some of the above hacks can be pretty good.

Remakes aren't very original but they can still be tons of fun. Sequels and prequels mean you have to reuse the cast and are stuck with some limitations of the game you are sequeling, but they can also be REALLY good too. Prequels are harder because often the protagonists in one story are already young so if you make a prequel you have to dump the protagonists and make their parents' the protagonists (FE7 is FE6' prequel, and as you know, Roy wasn't the protagonist of FE7...)

I think I said enough here. XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#22 Blood Falcon

Blood Falcon

Halo fan

• Banned
  • 1,079 posts
  • Location:On your mom's bed. Under the covers with your mom. Showing off. My glow in the dark watch.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:27 AM

If you're a great hacker, have great determination, and are a fantastic spriter, a Marvel VS DC would be an awesome hack to do.
user posted image

I won't remove this until I have gotten an overkill extermination in Halo MLG.-started August 13, 2010, 8-13-2010 Got it on December 18, 2010! WOOT!
I won't remove this until I get a killtacular in Halo MLG- Started December 29, 2010.
Bloodfalcon22-pokemanzz cnt dye
FELover3- If I beat the shit out of them they do

Rujio -- Cows are more important than anything.
Rujio -- ANYTHING

Blood Falcon -- Hey bblues, are you able to ban the GoogleBot?
bblues -- I don't think so.
Blood Falcon -- Damn, lol.
bblues -- He's above the law : P

QUOTE (Grey_Tensho @ March 10, 2010 04:07 pm)
Bloodfalcon is as crazy over copyright as youtube is lol.

#23 Aspen

Aspen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Blazer @ May 20 2010, 10:34 PM)
I think it's a good idea too. Maybe a tiny bit unoriginal, but it's a good idea and I think it has a lot of potential. Keeping Anna in there is interesting and I think a lulzy hack would be great as long as it's not like the other comedy hacks and has immature jokes XD.

The reason why I said it's unoriginal is because people always have these kinds of ideas:

- Sequels or Prequels
- Remakes
- Combining games (includes crossovers or intertwining characters from series)
- Bland spin-offs (includes reskins [most common type of hacks] and "approaching from another view" hacks[for e.g. "play as the Black Fang!"])
- Go into some past that didn't have much detail in the original story but is highly talked about--most commonly "Fight as the Scouring Heroes!", also includes "Joshua and Caellach when they were young" and "Greil's past"--other ideas besides these ones that people always have are fine.

You fall in the category of combining games. Original games are original so there are ton of possibilities. If you can get something that isn't in one of those categories and isn't an original game, you almost definitely have a good idea for a hack. Still, some of the above hacks can be pretty good.

Remakes aren't very original but they can still be tons of fun. Sequels and prequels mean you have to reuse the cast and are stuck with some limitations of the game you are sequeling, but they can also be REALLY good too. Prequels are harder because often the protagonists in one story are already young so if you make a prequel you have to dump the protagonists and make their parents' the protagonists (FE7 is FE6' prequel, and as you know, Roy wasn't the protagonist of FE7...)

I think I said enough here. XD

Well, my original hack idea was better than a crossover, but it's far above my level of skill to make. It involved a whole new custom storyline, but it would require remapping every level, changing cutscenes, creating a whole new cast, editing the scripts, adding a whole new set of animations and expanding the amount of classes, which meant adjusting pointers which I don't know how to do. (Never got the hang of FEditor Adv's custom animation thing.) That and a bunch more.

So I chose the easier idea. After this hack is finished perhaps I'll have sufficient skills to create my first idea.

#24 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

^Ah, I see. it sounds like everything I do and it took a long while to get to where I am so yeah, it's probably a bit too much to do all that work for a hack. Go with your current your idea biggrin.gif

@Anonymous Marvel vs. DC? How would that work out? It's another fighting game right D:

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users