Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

An RP proposition

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much beyond your typical gamer.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

I want an RP whose system is identical to that of FEPlanet's Skylessia.

But, my question is: How do we make it different? How can we make it unique enough as to... well, not "steal" the whole idea?

If anything, all I ask for is just the leveling system, grading system, and registration system. Everything else, I don't really care about.

I would contact them about this, but I'm banned from there. So it's up to you guys.

Out of everyone here, I have the most experience in being used in that type of system. If anything, I'd like to manage this project.

I haven't looked into this site's current RP, but if I were to guess, I doubt it's using the 3 similar systems as I pointed out.

Fighting the ghosts of my past. I'd rather not remember who I once used to be..

#2 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

We don't use IPB. Also I don't like doing anything with FEPlanet if I don't have to. Copying another forum's ideas is bleh to me. I don't know anything about Skylessia so I can't even say if it's a good idea or not.

Don't assume you are the most experienced person with the system tongue.gif Although it is likely true. Haha.

As for managing the project, if by some weird miracle something happened, I don't really care, as long as you show you have the responsibility and the skills needed to do such a thing. Somewhat irrelevant right now considering the project hasn't started and I'm not even remotely fond of the idea...

No, the RP is not using that kinda system. It's a simple RP really. We don't have enough interested RPers to get something more complex going. Also, school means people are less active and have much less time to visit and whatnot.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#3 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

The RP being worked on right now... isn't really that Fire Emblem-y. It takes some basics (the location, the classes, etc.) but for the most part it's just a text RP. I don't know how FEPlanet does it, but you don't "level up". I'm not sure what the registration system will be and I don't know what you mean by "grading system".

Although I seem to be the only one really doing much for the Forum RP, so if you'd like to help, I wouldn't mind. It's all up to the staff, though.

Edit: Wait, what do you mean the project hasn't started? It's been started for a while now.

And I think that we were going for starting the RP in June when people actually have time.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#4 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

The system, if it is what I think it is, is pretty standard on all RPs.

Leveling is based on how people do in a RP, You post a character for approval, and then we approve..it's a basic system EVERYONE uses xD
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#5 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ November 21, 2009 02:24 pm)
I'm not sure what the registration system will be and I don't know what you mean by "grading system".

Grading system is simple: You get graded somewhere between 0-5 levelups, depending on how well-written your posts are. 4-5 means you put A LOT of thought into your posts and was active the entire time. 3 is pretty much average, as far as post content and activity goes. 1-2 means there were a few problems with the content and activity. 0 usually means you either were not active at all, or you godmodded. Pretty much, though, the levelup grading falls under the RP Mod's discretion. Weapon levels are graded as well. They usually range from 0 to a full weapon levelup (usually in forms of fives. In Example: 3/5 would be the average). Weapon levelups are graded by how well the poster puts thought into their 'fighting' posts. Those are similar to that of regular levels, except they deal mainly with battles. Again, those fall under the RP Mod's discretion. If you want me to explain that bit further, I will be more than happy to.

Registration is also simple. Templates usually consist of something like this:

CODE

Name:
Affinity:
Height:
Weight:
Personality: (Minimum of 2 paragraphs)
Appearance: (Minimum of 2 paragraphs)
Bio: (A minimum of 5 paragraphs)
Class: (Any first tier classes)
Level: (usually 1)
Weapon Levels: (E in whatever weapon you have)
Inventory: (Must have weapons of equal rank as your weapon level)
Extra Info: (Just extra info, IC or OOC)

Something like that. Of course, the requirements and such are NOT permenant, just an example of what I got out off the top of my head on the whim.

I'd link to FEPlanet's Skylessia RP for more information, if not for the fact that I'm banned there. Blazer can access the site and post the link to the RPs there if there's a need for questions as to how I want the system to be.

#6 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

That looks pretty similar to what we would do. I've done my fair share of RPs (before I came to the FE forums) so I know fairly well how to set them up. I don't think we'd really have any form of "levels", though.

Again, if it's alright with Felover/Blazer, you could join in in the development. We do need more people...
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?
Bobryk -- holy crap I look away for two seconds and I have knots all up in my shit

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:17 AM

This RP is not my kind of thing. I don't have explicit details on this system. FEP uses IPB to integrate the RP with the forum. I don't have that and can't do such a thing.

Also, what will make your RP so successful? What incentive is there to do it? Who will join?

You can make the best game in the world, the point to it becomes null if no one plays it. Same concept applies to RPs, IMO.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (Rujio @ November 21, 2009 06:10 pm)
That looks pretty similar to what we would do. I've done my fair share of RPs (before I came to the FE forums) so I know fairly well how to set them up. I don't think we'd really have any form of "levels", though.

Again, if it's alright with Felover/Blazer, you could join in in the development. We do need more people...

I really think there should be levels, unless there's a valuable reason as to why there shouldn't be. Besides, those can bring incentive to members, a reason as to why they should RP.

I'll be more than happy to join the development team, however.

#9 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:54 AM

Calculating experience and levels into a text based RP is extremely tough without making it like the Road of Blood RP, which is basically a Fire Emblem game itself.

*coughsomeonerespondtoMercenaryjoiningtheRPdevelopmentteamcough*
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#10 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

In the RPs I've dealt with, there's no "experience", and there's no "stats". Levels are handed out by RP staff under their own discretion. It is content that makes the levels, not how many enemies are killed, or something like that. In this RP, calculation isn't needed.

So as far as calculations are concerned, there's no worries on that at all. Your jobs will be even easier, I'd gather. Completed RPs would be subject to grading, so we will need at least 3 RP staff members that are capable of doing it. Three in the case of unexpected events that happen the staff members, alike. There will most likely be 3 things that need to be done: Grading completed RPs, accepting profiles, and accepting suggestions from individual members. All three will need to have the patience to grade completed RPs, but the other two things that need to be done can be assigned accordingly. In that case, it's up to you guys as to what to do with the RP. I only suggest certain systems to go along with it.

#11 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

Oh, I see. The level system would be for the RPers. Makes sense.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#12 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Rujio @ November 22, 2009 10:29 am)
Oh, I see. The level system would be for the RPers. Makes sense.

Precisely.

Hopefully the others who are working on the current RP project will agree on the same terms as me, though, but I have no doubts.

#13 Felover3

Felover3

feLURKER

• Veterans
  • 1,020 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Guns, Ballroom Dancing, Cooking, Board Games, Magic TCG, Gaming, FE, Lost in Blue.

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

It's comes standard with any RP, though I seem to have assumed that everyone already knew we were doing this type of system.

xD

Sure, I'll send you a PM in a bit about joining the team.
-------------------------------------
The Legendary Lurker

"When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in someone's eyes and steal whatever the hell life gave them." ~Me

Has a Blazor Favor

#14 Dath

Dath

The One and Only

• Veterans
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'd...rather just do a word-based RP. When stats and abilities are added to it, it makes it too complex for me, same with map RPs.

EmblemBrigadeGreil.png

#15 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

Well, I think we're sorta having a stat system, but it's mostly to show your characters strengths and where they'll grow the most. But it'll just be a word RP.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#16 Tsuki-Hime

Tsuki-Hime

Whiney Fucking Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Anime, RP'ing, Sleeping, Eating, Resting..... well I couldn't think of much I'm content not having a social life:P

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Blazer)
You can make the best game in the world, the point to it becomes null if no one plays it. Same concept applies to RPs, IMO.

For once is a long time I agree with Blazer, I've seen plenty of Rp's over the past few months which had brilliant concepts and fancy calculating/systems, but all of them died pretty quickly due to a combination of inactivity and lack of participants.

I'm not going to ask what makes the current RP being planned different, since frankly it won't be, as FElover said the system Merc is proposing is pretty standard.

So my question is, do you have enough interest? Or are you one of those cases which are hoping people will be interested once released? aka doomed to fail?

#17 Rennac

Rennac

Hello.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:12 PM

I feel this needs some of my sage advice: "Additional RPs lead to many RPs, Many RPs lead to too many RPs, and Too many RPs lead to chaos. Chaos leads to pain, pain leads to suffering, and suffering... suffering leads to the dark side." (Now imagine that if Yoda said that. You wouldn't think those were just incoherent ramblings of a drunk hobo, eh?)

My actual point is thus: We have too many RPs. The RP section is like a house of cards, add an unbalanced RP, and the stack will fall, resulting in the collapse of most RPs.
Pimp my wyvern.

#18 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

If we can reform using this method, there possibly might not be another RP, you know. Then again, it's up to the RP staff whether to fiddle around with it. :3

#19 Rujio

Rujio

I eat Axel

• Veterans
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

First off: There would only be one going on at a time. I don't think the Ragnarok tournament's going to last for 7-8 months.
Second: It's very easy to function with plenty of RPs going on. I'm a member of an RP site (which has unfortunately fallen victim to inactivity) with dozens of RPs going on and everything works just fine.
?????????
???????
There, katakana. Happy?

#20 Falaflame

Falaflame

Confronting the past

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

Don't worry about them, Rujio. We have some doubters, yes, but we have plenty of ways to prove them wrong. First step is to actually build around the system.

felover, where's my PM? tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users