Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  acceptance : (15 August 2018 - 06:52 PM) Good luck indeed, its gonna be a dynamic adventure for you I'm sure! Dont go getting all American Pie on us though.
@  Fire Blazer : (15 August 2018 - 06:29 PM) wew, college is rough but an opportunity for a lot of fun, gl with it dude
@  xcrash1998 : (13 August 2018 - 08:38 PM) I think it also hasto do with comfort zones.
@  xcrash1998 : (12 August 2018 - 09:30 PM) Yeah, that true, I experienced it heavily while I was studying abroad.
@  Rujio : (11 August 2018 - 06:49 PM) New places make it easier to establish new habits, and if you establish good ones, you'll be set.
@  Rujio : (11 August 2018 - 06:49 PM) Really the most important thing is time management. If you aren't still living at home, I would seriously, seriously recommend establishing good habits ASAP.
@  Rujio : (11 August 2018 - 06:48 PM) Registration is one of those things that can be annoyingly difficult.
@  Valke : (11 August 2018 - 10:47 AM) but i shall survive. i have to lol
@  Valke : (11 August 2018 - 10:46 AM) i havent even started attending yet, and i'm struggling with the registration phase
@  Blue Leafeon : (10 August 2018 - 01:59 PM) @ Valke: Now the REAL fun begins.
@  acceptance : (10 August 2018 - 01:24 PM) Woo hoo, hooray for higher education. Complimenti!
@  Valke : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 AM) i finally became a college student.
@  Valke : (10 August 2018 - 12:20 AM) hi guys
@  Blue Leafeon : (06 August 2018 - 11:35 PM) I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a recruitable character in SRPG Studio.
@  kirant : (05 August 2018 - 07:30 PM) You are right. I'm just blind when it came to that menu.
@  Blue Leafeon : (05 August 2018 - 11:59 AM) You can have a class-based stat cap if you check the option under the Config tab.
@  kirant : (04 August 2018 - 03:53 AM) Things are going pretty well. I lurk here every day still in the odd a bot appears again.
@  kirant : (04 August 2018 - 03:52 AM) It looks like it'll be a full English release. I'm struggling to see if it's worth attempting a full FE build in it though as there are certain flaws which I'm not sure I can easily fix for my own purposes (a big one is stat cap seems universal as oppose to enforced for each unit)...but it's a fun and intuitive system. I could get a working map with all the trimmings (opening, closing, event triggers) going in a couple hours.
@  Fire Blazer : (04 August 2018 - 02:54 AM) also Kirant at least update on us on how it's going XD
@  Fire Blazer : (04 August 2018 - 02:54 AM) WOAH it's in English? that's. actually pretty cool. and now I kind of want to try it

Photo

Support conversations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

As someone who is planning on getting this game, I'd like to know how supports work. I heard they were one of the things added to the game (as part of it being a remake of Gaiden), but I don't really know anything else about them.

Urist Stukosbomrek, Herbalist cancels Drink: Interrupted by Hype.

Urist Stukosbomrek has gone stark raving mad!

#2 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#3 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

So there are two types of supports in Shadows of Valentia. The first is just innate supports, if two characters who have an innate support are within range you get the bonus. These are generally pretty small but every bit helps. Next is are supports that can be leveled up, there's not too many of them but they come with support conversations and go from C to A. If the two characters are within 3 spaces (IIRC) from the enemy when defeating it you gain points towards the support. When you get enough you can activate the convo in battle to progress it. 

So in other words, the support conversation system works a bit more like classic FE games, as opposed to Awakening's support style?

Also, is there a limit to how many supports you can have on a character (not counting innate supports), or is that limit determined by who they can support with?

#4 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#5 GyppyGirl2021

GyppyGirl2021

Urist Stukosbomrek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

No limit on the amount of supports you can get. Conversation ones are very limited though, only around 1 for most characters.

Alright, I had a feeling it was like that. XD

Thanks for answering my questions!

#6 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

really, it felt like there were more for quite a few

but maybe I'm wrong, oh well

it's nice that they added them, and I dig a low number of decent ones rather than them being all over the place in quality and style and such, though that's personal pref

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#7 Blue Leafeon

Blue Leafeon

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

As long as the devs were going for quality over quantity, I'm fine with a lack of supports.

IUfb9Eg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users