Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Re-Introduce Yourself!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

As the topic says... we've now moved over to a new forum, so I think now is a nice chance for everyone to re-introduce themselves! And I mean, we've probably all changed a bit too, so I think it's not a bad idea.

I'll start!

I'm Blazer, long-time Fire Emblem fan and admin of FES. I enjoy a lot of things: playing video games, making video games, watching video games (though to a much lesser extent)... err, besides video games? I like hanging out with friends, playing sports (I play ultimate for my university and basketball recreationally; I enjoy running... when I'm not injured), watching anime, reading manga, you can throw in some other things like videos/movies/comics in there too, and I have some other hobbies as well but I think that's enough.

I'm 20 years old, so FES has now been a part of my life for about... well, half of it. I go to university, own a company, used to work as a freelance web developer, and currently work as a web assistant/web support for my uni. I enjoy talking to people about a lot of things, though I can sometimes get a little mean with my teasing or be ticked off by some dumb things. I am known as a One Piece fanboy and dislike talking about a certain type of modding... or modding in general, I guess.

OK, your turn~!

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#2 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:29 AM

Welp i haven't changed at all since i joined maybe...ummm...like a year and a half ago? i can't remember. could be almost two years for all i know. anywho i mostly play video games right now since i'm currently looking for a job. when i am actively doing things though i enjoy a good game of basketball, and i used to be fairly good at chess. could probably still play a little if i got back into it, but nobody around me wants to play anymore so i kinda dropped out of it. nothing pisses me off more than racism, or the fact that i live in texas(which happens to be rampant with racism still in case anyone is interested), so if you really want to get on my nerves for whatever reason go with one of those. i only say that because i tend to get carried away with trolling if i ever get roped into it. i try not to, but when somebody is acting stupid i feel obliged to point it out...vehemently...i should probably work on that tbh.

#3 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

VIDEO GAMES

are awesome

ahem

basketball is also cool

I used to play chess as a kid, but that was AGES ago. I don't even think I remember how to play Chess anymore. In fact, I generally don't even remember that I USED to play Chess. It's just been too long. #ChildhoodStuff

Racism stinks, I've been a victim of it pretty much my entire life... but I try not to be oversensitive about it and I get the difference between legit racism and jokes, though some people could definitely learn to well, you know, make better jokes :P

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#4 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

Hm... Things have changed since my last introduction.

Well, I'm Golden Warrior, just say Gold though, sounds strange when people use the full title to speak to me. I like... er... video games... books... that kind of thing. The last time I introduced myself here, I was an aspiring FE hacker, well, that's not true anymore. I've moved on from FE hacking and am learning C++ and planning to become a full-fledged game developer after going to a college in Washington. Should be hard, but equally worth it. 

I also make a sprite comic that I work on some times but haven't touched in months, so that's interesting I guess. 

What else... Oh, I'm getting into Smash competitively and also play Pokemon competitively, so if you want to play me in either one, don't hesitate to ask, I'd love to battle. (Although, I've barely touched Pokemon in months, might be sloppy in that.)

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#5 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

HELLO GOLDEN WARRIOR *shot*

yeah I usually call you Gold, I think. Just easier.

C++! Game development! YUSZ! Follow the path that I am following! Well, kind of: I'm already doing game development on the side while trying to get a degree in Computer Science. Trying to go straight into a game development major that doesn't really exist is a tiiiiny bit difficult.

Oooh, a sprite comic? Didn't know about that. You should share.

And if you are getting into Smash competitively, then you should join the tournament! There's a thread in the Video Games forum (look for it), but we'll probably start from scratch so we can actually get it going. Actually, you may have already signed up for it earlier, I'm not sure, lol.

And Pokemon... yeah I'm bad, I usually get destroyed. I don't do any of the fancy stuff needed to be decent. XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#6 Golden Warrior

Golden Warrior

Good as Gold!

• Members
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:Video games, reading, writing, and other such creative things.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:01 AM

And if you are getting into Smash competitively, then you should join the tournament! There's a thread in the Video Games forum (look for it), but we'll probably start from scratch so we can actually get it going. Actually, you may have already signed up for it earlier, I'm not sure, lol.

I would very much like to join the tournament. Problem is, it's on the 3DS and my internet is absolute crap. The only reason my Wii U can play Smash online well is because I bought the LAN adapter and am using that. My 3DS can't even play online without disconnecting at the start of a match. XD

Oooh, a sprite comic? Didn't know about that. You should share.

Maybe I will at some point. Once I start work on it again. It's basically one large fanfic with my OC as the main character.

C++! Game development! YUSZ! Follow the path that I am following! Well, kind of: I'm already doing game development on the side while trying to get a degree in Computer Science. Trying to go straight into a game development major that doesn't really exist is a tiiiiny bit difficult.

Hm, well the college I plan to go to (assuming I get accepted) is pretty much MADE to teach people how to make games, so that's something. Of course I'm going to learn the basics first, but I figured I may as well give myself a small head start and teach myself C++.

Got Pokemon X/Y or OR/AS? Battle me! Or trade with me... Trading is cool too.
3DS FC: 5300-9087-1138 (PM me if you add me so I know to add you back.)

Have Smash Bros for Wii U? Battle me there too! 

Nintendo Network ID: GoldenWarriorX (No need to notify me in this case, it will.)

#7 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:15 AM

I would very much like to join the tournament. Problem is, it's on the 3DS and my internet is absolute crap. The only reason my Wii U can play Smash online well is because I bought the LAN adapter and am using that. My 3DS can't even play online without disconnecting at the start of a match. XD

Maybe I will at some point. Once I start work on it again. It's basically one large fanfic with my OC as the main character.

Hm, well the college I plan to go to (assuming I get accepted) is pretty much MADE to teach people how to make games, so that's something. Of course I'm going to learn the basics first, but I figured I may as well give myself a small head start and teach myself C++.

Ahhh, man. We choose one system, we ditch the people who can only play on the other. It's such a drag. I think what I'll do is just have two tournaments and some people will get to participate in one, the other, or both. We'll see. XP

Feel free. I don't judge. Much. But seriously it can't be that bad, I mean it's easy to be one of the better fanfics out there, considering what kind of material fanfics usually are... right?

Oh wow, that is great. Yeah, I'm just trying to lean towards that path. It's not exactly a path laid out for me, forget the one right in front of me that people are telling me to take. In fact, if the path I'm taking is like the road to city A and the path to game design is like the road to city B, then I am taking the path to city A and then I intend to walk from city A to city B because they are close by. That is my analogy of what I am doing, heheh.

And giving yourself a head-start is generally a great idea, it can help so much and in unforeseen ways at that. I know a lot of small things I've learned have come in handy in somewhat unexpected ways, haha. Heck, we're doing assembly in class right now and I understand it ever so slightly more because I've already done assembly for you-know-what! XD

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#8 Cero

Cero

U wot m8?

• Global Moderators
  • 1,274 posts
  • Interests:Games and such. Anime and other stuff.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:19 AM

I'm Cero. Just Cero. Please don't call me Shadow. I remember when I first joined I said I might try hacking. lol nope. Now I'm just a bum on here who craves social interaction a little too much. I play games like Fire Emblem, Smash, and stuff. Been trying to get good at Project M but sadly I have no one in my general vicinity to actually test my skills against. I watch anime (though being more accurate it would be pretty scarcely now). I don't know why I stopped, just lost motivation to keep up with it I guess. I also do youtube stuff, sometimes. I'm an extremely lazy editor so even though I do have content I could put out, they're just sitting there in my comp unedited. Mmm... yeah that's me I guess.

Posted Image

Posted Image         Posted Image

#9 ^Leo^

^Leo^

Mega Member

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:32 AM

Sorry to hear you've been a target of racism blazer. I don't know what that's like tbh having always been part of the majority, but I can't stand that kind of thing. Discriminating based on race, religion, w/e, is just ignorant and insensitive.

Back on topic though sort of: any tips on where to start with c++? I tried awhile back but it was rather daunting.

#10 Shu

Shu

Sealord

• GFX Artist
  • 1,450 posts
  • Interests:Pimpin'

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:17 AM

Hey bustas, the name's Shu. Been on this place for like 8 years now.

If you don't know me, first of all, how dare you. Second of all, I'm the Graphics dude and hold other positions such as "Blade of the Emperor" "The Other Admin" and "Director of Moon-Based Operations"

user posted image
Gallery

I will not remove this until the Vikings win the Super Bowl - Started 1/28/11

"i had to google bukkake."
-Boney

#11 Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Denial eSports Journalist

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Strategy Games, Smite, Hearthstone, Poetry, Writing

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

Hi everyone. I used to be around the old forum a loooooooooong time ago. I got wrapped up in smite though see here: http://www.feshrine....259#entry119249

Anyway, besides that and often watching Smite Streams, in my free time I occasionally watch anime every now and then and frequently play Hearthstone. I got to Legend status in November. I used to stream when I had better internet, but that's not a possibility anymore. I'm used to it by now so it's not too much of a bummer at least. Speaking of my bad internet, sometimes I randomly just lose connection without a reason. Rather frustrating, but can't be helped. 

I'm basically the same person as most people probably remember me as aka the nice guy that believes in his friends and himself. 

Knight of the Realm -- Sain can't get laid. Therefore Kent > Sain.
Knight of the Realm -- My logic is flawless.

QUOTE (bblues @ May 30 2012, 07:13 AM)
My, this so...if you're wondering why I haven't posted, it's because my palms are so glued to my face I can't pull them off.

One of the top three Ryans.

user posted image

This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 9/7/09

#12 bblues

bblues

The Greatest

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'm actually in charge, just that nobody knows it. Not even me.

#13 SmashedFish

SmashedFish

Tom is not for opening

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:fictional characters

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

Hey hey! I'm SmashedFish, and my hobbies include bothering Oblivion, insisting that FE: Immortal Shrine will come out sooner or later, and neglecting the Skype group. I apologize in advance for betraying any and all expectations of responsibility that you had for me.

Images - 11/22 Writing - 5/17 FE: Immortal Shrine
forum_signature__aeiou_by_sakowfniapqf-d

Spoiler

Need help with hacking? Post in the subforum, or Skype me (smashedfish76).

#14 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:25 AM

I have been away for so long that everything changes. Well it is for the best.

Anyway hi! I am Mariofan20 also known at the table flipper but you may call me Steve. I am a Canadian 21 year old Fire Emblem, Mario and Dynasty Warriors fanatic. As most of you probably don't know but I do Let's Plays of video games as well as rom hacks as some of you guys have moved on from as well as other gaming related stuff. I also do Roleplay but that is on Twitter so let's move on from there. I am also starting to get into voice acting but I am still practicing that. I also like some sports but baseball is my favourite sport and always will be. As most people like to do I like to hang out and play video games.

Well that is all about me. Glad to see this place is still running.

#15 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

CANADA! (insert Canadian stereotype jokes here)

Fire Emblem, Mario, and Dynasty Warriors are all great series in their own way, IMO. Indeed, a lot of us have moved on from ROM hacking, but I think there's still a small audience for them.

Also, sorry that the table-flipping thing — (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) — doesn't work in the shoutbox! XP

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#16 Mariofan20

Mariofan20

Table Flipper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Video Games and becoming one of the best Puyo Puyo players.

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

Indeed they are and that is why I love them so much. Also go figure that would happen. I find it pretty funny though. And just to get it out of my system... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#17 Levy

Levy

That one sprites guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

Good to see everyone agree since I haven't really posted in a year or so.Really I haven't done much here other than post sprites.

#18 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:35 AM

in no order that makes any sense

I'm actually in charge, just that nobody knows it. Not even me.

well, you could be in charge, but I'm pretty sure you like, got too busy for that or something :P /takingsomethingthatisntreallyseriousseriously

Hey hey! I'm SmashedFish, and my hobbies include bothering Oblivion, insisting that FE: Immortal Shrine will come out sooner or later, and neglecting the Skype group. I apologize in advance for betraying any and all expectations of responsibility that you had for me.

ahahahaha, at least you're self-aware

oh and this is as good a time as any I guess, I removed you as section mod... and every other section mod

we haven't figured out the mod situation, except for the people who have been staff for like ages (me, Shu, Seraph)

Hey bustas, the name's Shu. Been on this place for like 8 years now.

If you don't know me, first of all, how dare you. Second of all, I'm the Graphics dude and hold other positions such as "Blade of the Emperor" "The Other Admin" and "Director of Moon-Based Operations"

speaking of Shu... yup

super glad I met this guy because my life would be way less interesting otherwise :P just ask Shu I'm sure he'll agree haha (half-joking but... half-serious, Shu is entertaining)

Sorry to hear you've been a target of racism blazer. I don't know what that's like tbh having always been part of the majority, but I can't stand that kind of thing. Discriminating based on race, religion, w/e, is just ignorant and insensitive.

Back on topic though sort of: any tips on where to start with c++? I tried awhile back but it was rather daunting.

eh happens, anyone who thinks racism etc. isn't around or is weak probably just isn't affected by it much, it's totally a thing, and has in some ways shaped who I am

tips? hmm, nah, I got nothing. I haven't really studied C++... just a bit of Java, C#, and some other things. I can't even say I've mastered a programming language yet, sadly. I should probably work on that... though in general, I'm just not very good at programming, it seems <_<

I'm Cero. Just Cero. Please don't call me Shadow. I remember when I first joined I said I might try hacking. lol nope. Now I'm just a bum on here who craves social interaction a little too much. I play games like Fire Emblem, Smash, and stuff. Been trying to get good at Project M but sadly I have no one in my general vicinity to actually test my skills against. I watch anime (though being more accurate it would be pretty scarcely now). I don't know why I stopped, just lost motivation to keep up with it I guess. I also do youtube stuff, sometimes. I'm an extremely lazy editor so even though I do have content I could put out, they're just sitting there in my comp unedited. Mmm... yeah that's me I guess.

lolol "Shadow" ahaha your fault if someone does call you that, I think :P

funny thing about hacking... and the strikethrough'd comment you know you really use strikethrough quite a bit

network play for Project M? *shruggles*

anime is eh... I don't blame you, I am only watching the best shows right now and I don't feel bad/guilty about it, really. I mean, it is just a hobby

Cero has a lot of potential but makes almost cero progress in life *shot* serious though, you could probably do some awesome things if you only tried more. like when you actually had a bit of motivation to help me with the analysis trailer :P

Indeed they are and that is why I love them so much. Also go figure that would happen. I find it pretty funny though. And just to get it out of my system... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BE FLIPPED, TABLE

Good to see everyone agree since I haven't really posted in a year or so.Really I haven't done much here other than post sprites.

heheh that's ok, just post however you feel like. it's nice to have you here~

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#19 Elwood

Elwood

Crusader of Light

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:10 AM

Um well hi I'm Elwood. I like FE and playing GAEMS in general. I can be quite weird or refined depending on when I post. As far as hacking goes I'm the person who sucks at the part they love the most which is making mugs. (seriously go look at my gallery) Hmmm what else? I love Jesus, hate babies and am neutral towards Europeans. (<---- this is that weird part I talked about before) Introductions arent exactly my forte. I'll just do a quick lightning round of things I like. Here goes *takes deep breath*... anime (favorites are One Piece and Fairy Tail), gaming (Xbox, PC and 3DS), Star Wars ( seriously you have no idea how much I love it), Halo, Fire Emblem (obviously), metal music (favorite bands are Nightwish and Iron Maiden), women (boobs am I right?...... that's a joke....... please don't think I'm that shallow), Roosterteeth (pretty much everything they make but especially Achievment Hunter and RWBY) and Mountain Dew (the second best thing God ever gave to this world) Things I hate right now are limited to this keyboard which seems to only want to work for three of every five key presses. And that is me and my weird side in a nutshell. I look forward to talking with each of you in a more serious manner. Alveterzane

Fe-Shrine-sig.png
I will not remove this until I complete the Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest in Runescape - started 4/18/15 - completed 12/20/15

QUOTE (SmashedFish @ Jan 21 2013, 12:21 PM)  Bobryk's expertise with boobs is not to be doubted

#20 Lucia

Lucia

FES's Kinkiest Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Fire Emblem, Music, Gaming, Art, Graphic Design

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

Well slap my butt and launch me to the moon. (it's a pun)

I'm Lucia and gay as heck and re-ready to re-mingle. My hobbies include fumbling in Photoshop and somehow making pretty things as well as playing hard video games and being an overall dork! <:

hewwo~ *waves*

user posted image
made me promise to never tell but you know me, i can't help myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users