Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:30 AM) Whoa I can edit a typo. The technology.
@  Oblivion Knight : (26 February 2024 - 11:29 AM) Obligatory message.
@  Elwood : (02 January 2024 - 04:19 AM) Happy New Year!!!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:19 PM) I'm still out here alive. If you remember me, I hope you're doing well!
@  Aaron : (13 February 2023 - 09:09 PM) 2023 and this place is still up huhh
@  Elwood : (05 January 2023 - 07:58 AM) Ah a Christmas greeting from Wolfie! Even if I saw it way late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!
@  Cero : (31 December 2022 - 09:27 PM) Man that bot went crazy
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 December 2022 - 10:02 AM) I return once more on the eve of Christmas to haunt you all again!... Mainly Elwood. Hello!
@  Elwood : (25 November 2022 - 04:58 AM) A bot! Ah the nostalgia!
@  Elwood : (02 November 2022 - 02:30 PM) Yo ho ho ho! Thar be the white wolf!
@  Whitewolf8 : (24 October 2022 - 12:29 AM) Well, blimey it's been a while. Hoy there! If anyone's still alive here anyway.
@  Valke : (21 April 2022 - 12:12 PM) im taking the 2nd shout of 2022 😂
@  Elwood : (03 March 2022 - 10:12 PM) Mwuhahaha! The first shout of 2022 is mine!
@  Fire Blazer : (12 November 2021 - 05:22 PM) *also stretches arms a little*
@  xcrash1998 : (07 November 2021 - 08:42 PM) "streches arms"
@  Ezra : (07 May 2021 - 05:20 AM) Maybe I'll pop on the discord soon
@  Fire Blazer : (01 April 2021 - 08:08 PM) Aaaaaaand done~ :P
@  xcrash1998 : (29 March 2021 - 08:52 AM) I guess we are one more post away from counting to 2500
@  Fire Blazer : (10 March 2021 - 11:39 PM) but I have bad memory and can't remember ;(
@  Elwood : (15 February 2021 - 10:23 AM) I'd like to but I've told you about my issues with discord before.

Photo

Your skins...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

You guys seriously need to work on some of your themes.

FEShrine V.2 is really great and all... except its practically IMPOSSIBLE to read the links against that dark background. Mind changing the skins a bit so they're at least legible? I hate having to highlight every time I want to see where I'm clicking.

"Red and Grey" suffers similar problems but the entire majority of the text is impossible to read.

The base skins are good but boring (well obviously - not blamin' you here) but they don't have the Shop and Wargrounds options, which confused me for the longest time. lol

Opocament's colours are okay, I suppose, but the grey still isn't that particularly legible. It's still one of the better themes though.

Prime Charged makes me want to tear my eyes out. It doesn't help that the colours aren't bold enough to read well either.

I really do like the original FEShrine and Lavender Earox themes, though (although I'm kinda meh on LE's banner).

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but it might be better to get some better colour management with these themes. This way we have 10 good themes instead of just 2. You guys edit them on-forum right? It shouldn't be too hard for me to help out with this one.
user posted image

#2 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:dingleberries

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Charon the Ferryman @ Aug 25 2010, 03:09 PM)
You guys seriously need to work on some of your themes.

FEShrine V.2 is really great and all... except its practically IMPOSSIBLE to read the links against that dark background. Mind changing the skins a bit so they're at least legible? I hate having to highlight every time I want to see where I'm clicking.

"Red and Grey" suffers similar problems but the entire majority of the text is impossible to read.

The base skins are good but boring (well obviously - not blamin' you here) but they don't have the Shop and Wargrounds options, which confused me for the longest time. lol

Opocament's colours are okay, I suppose, but the grey still isn't that particularly legible. It's still one of the better themes though.

Prime Charged makes me want to tear my eyes out. It doesn't help that the colours aren't bold enough to read well either.

I really do like the original FEShrine and Lavender Earox themes, though (although I'm kinda meh on LE's banner).

I'm not trying to be a troll or anything, but it might be better to get some better colour management with these themes. This way we have 10 good themes instead of just 2. You guys edit them on-forum right? It shouldn't be too hard for me to help out with this one.

Um what? I'm using FEShrine V.2 and the backgrounds aren't dark, and I can see links clearly.
user posted image

#3 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Being possibly the most awesome person in the world would be my interests, yes.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hello?
user posted image
Can YOU read that? :/
user posted image

#4 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Yes I can, and thats like what 2 links? I thought u meant the background that posts are displayed in.
user posted image

#5 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Nonono, that's perfectly fine. It's actually the easiest to read the posts on. But I meant the background to the pages. Seriously, pick a brighter colour. :/ I think a duller, brighter red would be really great for it, actually.
user posted image

#6 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Grey Tensho @ Aug 25 2010, 09:39 PM)
Yes I can, and thats like what 2 links? I thought u meant the background that posts are displayed in.

Everything needs to be readable. A site needs to be as well accessible as possible. And I have to agree, that's really, really hard to read.

'just two links' is two links too many.

By the way, why is this in announcements? Seems a little awkward to me that 1) this is posted in announcements and 2) that you posted it in announcements tongue.gif

#7 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

No offense but am I the only one here who can see? I've never had trouble seeing those words. Maybe adjust ur monitors brightness?
user posted image

#8 Tino

Tino

Omega Member

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

I'm using Dennox. I just switched to FEShrine V2 and I must say, that the white text is clearly readable indeed...

I just assumed that the screenshot would be right. Apparently it isn't?

#9 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

The only text that isn't WTFOBVIOUSEASY2READ is the grey text for announcements and crap near the top-left.

I should make a topic called "My members..." where I bash Charon for spamming, making stupid topics in the wrong forums (News & Announcements forum? LOLWUT PHAIL), annoying me with PMs, and being a troll (I just want to throw in the troll part tongue.gif).

LE's banner was made forever ago, so yeah, I guess it's not on par with the others. Most people don't have problems with the other skins... I don't find myself putting any extra effort into reading any of them.

"You guys" = me, idk what on-forum is, but admittedly I'm not a professional and don't care much. Although I do have to make a new skin soon, because I said I would... I'm going to regret saying I'd make a green skin

Well, how about this. If some more people think I should change the colors some, I will. You just tell me what skin, what color I am supposed to change, and what it should be changed to. BUT, you have to give me the HTML-hexadecimal of the colors.

Shop and War Grounds are obsolete but I won't be stubborn, if you know how to fix it, tell me so I can fix it.

Btw, it's fine to bash stuff, just do it in the right forum. Thanks. smile.gif

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#10 Zepher Tensho

Zepher Tensho

herp

• Veterans
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:57 AM

I like the FEShrine V.2. Always used it.
user posted image

#11 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Wat i thought I put this in site discussion... I'm starting to think there's something wrong here - posts not getting deleted, topics in the wrong places... CONSPIRACY. But seriously, I'm not trying to spam you guys o.o (and Blazer, I'm not goddammed spamming PMs, I've just been requesting a lot of things lately, but last time I checked a name change, picture change and affiliate request are NOT spam. Jesus Christ you want activity, you've got it right here XD)

Anyhow, all I'm asking is to look through your colours and images and make it a bit more legible. If you provide the scripts I might be able to make them a bit more legible - or you could just make them lighter by changing the hex numbers a bit (for example colour #333333 is a darker grey than #AAAAAA). With V.2, the only thing you'd have to do is change the background picture to be a little lighter. I'm experiencing this problem on multiple computers and multiple browsers so it's not just my monitor...
user posted image

#12 Fire Blazer

Fire Blazer

You ready?

• Creator
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list. =P

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:02 AM

._. If you can supply the lighter background image, then sure.

Bblazer2.png

Signature thanks to Shu.

#13 Prince Marph

Prince Marph

dem rainbows

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Certainly! But I'll need a bit of time to get it. 'See, this isn't the computer with GIMP... lol

Edit: Here it be!

Attached Files

• Attached File  305   4KB   0 downloads

Edited by *PRINCE MARPH*, 30 August 2010 - 10:05 PM.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users